Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: D'Marco Farr: Rams QB Marc Bulger has 'no charisma' and 'zero presence'

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    You're right D'Marco, Bulger can disappear on the field. It that regard, he is not that unlike you during your entire Rams career.

*rimshot*
    Farr has something Bulger will never have, and was apart of something that Bulger will never be apart of.

Wanna guess what it is?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Farr has something Bulger will never have, and was apart of something that Bulger will never be apart of.

Wanna guess what it is?
    Trying to lead an uprising against Vermeil?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Bulger always kinda reminded me of a cardboard cut out.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

D'Marco is not only the Man, but he is correct.

He does not need "access to the lockeroom" to see what is clear to every NFL fan in this league. Marc "DUll-ger" sucks.

Ask any NFL fan if they want him as their QB? Other than a few die hard Rams fans who thought this kid was going to be better than Kurt Warner, the rest of the world clearly sees what D'Marco is saying.

If you want him to bring facts, there's plenty of facts, look at the offensive stats posted above. The Rams are the worst team in the NFL, and their QB sucks. (a big reason why they are the worst).

Apparently Marc showed integrity and "took it like a Man" instead of going off like Ryan Leaf? That would have been his greatest moment if he at least showed some sign of life. Please Marc, go off like Ryan Leaf!

Not every leader has to be Charismatic, but you have to either be Charismatic, or good. Bulger is neither.

The Charisma is about selling tickets, and building brand loyalty. The last time I checked, you'd have to go pretty far down the list to find where "Bulger" jerseys are ranked in the NFL.

It didnt' work out. Bulger never amounted to anything. He's irrelevent in NFL disccussions, and has been for 5+ years.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Wanna guess what it is?
    Asking out of the Super Bowl in crunch time?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

You guys are close!

You guys are close!
    Ok let me keep guessing. Ummmmmmmmm. How about Whining about how tough a coach Vermeil was during every segment he had on "America's Game"

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    He does not need "access to the lockeroom" to see what is clear to every NFL fan in this league. Marc "DUll-ger" sucks.
    There are fans that see it that way, but Bulger's teammates don't, and have regularly talked about his solid leadership, ability and toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Ask any NFL fan if they want him as their QB? Other than a few die hard Rams fans who thought this kid was going to be better than Kurt Warner, the rest of the world clearly sees what D'Marco is saying.
    I can tell you quite honestly from my experience in talking to NFL fans that Bulger is respected and seen as a good QB. I recently discussed football with a Dolphins fan I met at a party, and he not only thought Bulger was solid, but went on to talk about him getting some bad breaks due to a lack of protection and having to work with inexperienced skill players. Needless to say I was completey surprised to hear that from a non-Rams fan.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I can tell you quite honestly from my experience in talking to NFL fans that Bulger is respected and seen as a good QB. I recently discussed football with a Dolphins fan I met at a party, and he not only thought Bulger was solid, but went on to talk about him getting some bad breaks due to a lack of protection and having to work with inexperienced skill players. Needless to say I was completey surprised to hear that from a non-Rams fan.
    I had the same experience with a chiefs fan back when I played World of Warcraft. I was talking football before the Goveners Cup game that year and he said that Marc had been shafted and he would take Bulger over every QB in the league sans Manning and Brady.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I like D'Marco Farr, but while "charisa" might be a good trait to make the pages of People magazine, it certainly isn't necessary to make a good NFL quarterback.
    And on the flipside, it certainly hasn't hurt guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Brett Favre.

I guarantee that if you took a poll around the league and you asked them what type of guy would you prefer as QB, a charismatic guy or a virtually invisible guy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most would likely choose the charismatic guy.

And IMO it is a very important aspect of a QB's personality.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    And on the flipside, it certainly hasn't hurt guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Brett Favre.

I guarantee that if you took a poll around the league and you asked them what type of guy would you prefer as QB, a charismatic guy or a virtually invisible guy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most would likely choose the charismatic guy.

And IMO it is a very important aspect of a QB's personality.
    Charisma is certainly not a bad quality to have in an NFL QB, but I still don't think a sparkling personality is necessary for success. IMO, it's mostly about the supporting cast and teamwork. I can't think of many charismatic QB's who had success without good players around them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123