Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skelley is offline Registered User

"Do the bosses want to destroy the remainder of a deteriorating fan base?"

That quote says alot about ST Louis fans. LA fans took years of Georgia's stupidity before there was a drop off. ST Louis fans were treated to a much , much better product. And after only 6 years off being an elite team ST Louis fans are jumping off the bandwagon.

Does this team suck? YES

Is Linny one of the worst head coaches ever? Yes

Does the front office seem clueless? Yes

Do ST Louis fans have a clue how good they have it? No

And that's sad, 'cuz after losing the Cards they should.

I took so much crap in Northern California through the 80's & 90's from a bunch of bandwagon Niner fans, but I stood by my team no matter what. I went to LA & SF to watch my team get smoked.

And it was a sad day when that ***** took my team from Cali. But the move allowed the Rams to make money & actualy TRY to put together a team. ST Louis fans supported the lousy Rams because they were excited to have the NFL back in town. They grew in numbers when Warner & Faulk led the Rams to the title.

And now less than a decade later ST Louis fans have shown me 2 things.

1. They are no better than Niner fans. Bandwagon fans suck!

2. Why the Cards left in the first place.

All you fans in ST Louis better remember & realise 2 things.....

1. LA lost the Rams & that city has a lot more going for it.

2. How did it feel when the Cards left town?

Wise up ST Louis fans.............
    For better or worse, you'd better support your team. The ONLY person in power who gave a damn about being in ST Louis is dead & there are many Cities who would pay for the honor of having a NFL team.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: "Do the bosses want to destroy the remainder of a deteriorating fan base?"

Yet another "I spit on St. Louis" thread from a disgruntled LA fan.

How original.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

***********RUMOR**************

Rams are moving to IDAHO.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    ***********RUMOR**************

Rams are moving to IDAHO.
    Hey! I like that rumor. I'm from Boise, and my large family still lives there.

As an added bonus, ,,,,BSU already has the blue smurf turf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

TekeRam is offline Registered User

KY doesn't have a team... I'd be cool with one of the crazy rich horse farm owners moving the Rams out this way.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yet another "I spit on St. Louis" thread from a disgruntled LA fan.

How original.
    I tend to agree with a lot of what you have to say around here HU, but an "I spit on St. Louis" remark? I couldn't agree less that he is trying to "spit" on St. Louis, and he does have a point. I'm sure it was a sad day when the team was moved Cali, especially for die hard fans. But like he said, it allowed the team to make money and put a good product on the field.

This is obviously a team in a deep transition at this point, but those things happen, that's just the name of the game. Are there coaching and FO issues? YES, to say the least. I do think that in the long run, not having football would suck much more than dealing with a team still on the downside of transition. I say also..."support the team if you want to keep it." I actually like St. Louis a lot and I hope they stay there... I know they won't be going anywhere anytime in the next few years so I'll probably be visiting again (this coming weekend included) and I hope they have a home for many, many more years. Just don't take it so personally when a die hard fan who has obviously learned from experience has something to say about bandwagon fans, because obviously you are not one of them.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Frito is offline Registered User

The Rams are my Team and I will always be a Rams Fan from the time I was 6 at the Colosium in L.A. but, that also gives me the right to complain when we are not given a product we deserve for that loyalty. All I ask is to freakin compete. That game yesterday was the worst I have ever seen in all my years since 71.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    The Rams are my Team and I will always be a Rams Fan from the time I was 6 at the Colosium in L.A. but, that also gives me the right to complain when we are not given a product we deserve for that loyalty. All I ask is to freakin compete. That game yesterday was the worst I have ever seen in all my years since 71.
    Then you actually have a very short memory my friend, or you just chose to block it out because there have been many of the same.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

sunflame is offline Registered User

Did you post this thread to tell the St Louis fans how to treat their uncompetitive team. The conclusion i come up with after watching the team is that the players are happy with getting their weekly paycheck of 100,000 to 800,000 dollars. After the game the Rams players act like they are playing in the pro bowl.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Ah yes, the annual "p*** on STL fans" thread.

20 + years of the Gridbirds and now this.

I mean seriously, can you really blame them for being cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by skelley View Post
    And now less than a decade later ST Louis fans have shown me 2 things.
    2. Why the Cards left in the first place.

No, they left because Bidwell wanted a new stadium. The state gov't tried hard to give him what he wanted, but he said no thanks. He finally got his stadium TWENTY YEARS LATER. Irony is a wonderful thing, isn't it ?

blood85 is offline Registered User

Like with most sports, WINNING will bring back most bandwagon fans. It's because of the Diehards on this forum that keeps the spirit of the team going, even if we don't have much at this time.

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    20 + years of the Gridbirds and now this.

I mean seriously, can you really blame them for being cranky.
    All Rams fans are cranky.

But "jumping off the bandwagon" is ****.

I would kill to have Rams games close enough to go to. I've seen it with my own 33 year Rams fan eyes.....if the fans quit on the team, the team leaves. There is always a loop hole to move, ALWAYS. Selling tickets & boxes are only 1/2 of the revenue a team is after. Merchendise & TV market revenue are also. The fans of a new city will buy the merchendise(STL proved that) & there are so many more larger markets than ST Louis.

I am not "spittin' on STL" nor am I bagging on true loyal fans....I am just saying the Rams fans of STL better wake up and support the team. Losing your big league sports franchises is the reality of the modern world.

You can voice disgruntalment & still support the team.

It just looks bad to me to see a city so excited about the arrival of the Rams, lose interest the second they return to the very level they entered the city at. It makes the fanbase there look like spoiled brats or bandwagon fans(& you can ask any Rams fan from North Cali how sickening bandwagon fans are).
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-09-2008 at 09:27 AM.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Rather than argue with you, I'll just point out that you don't know what you're talking about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast