Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Do people still think jamie martin stinks?

Another serviceable game from martin. Great great thrown on the bomb to curtis. Dont know what happened on the int to looker, he was open cant tell if it was the throw or looker. The int in the end zone was a fantastic play by the db.

As backups go, he isnt so bad. I think the expectations on this board for backups in the cap era are often misplaced. How did garcia look today as a backup to the lions fans?

Here is what i know about martin. 2-0.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Do people still think jamie martin stinks?

Martin was okay, and seemed to do much better when the play-calling shortened the field for him. Those interceptions could have hurt us much worse than they did, but Martin did a good job managing and leading drives later in the second half. I do not trust him throwing the ball down the field at all, though. Too many under/overthrows. I'll be glad when Bulger returns to the field.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-30-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tanus is offline Registered User

martz definitely deserves some credit for his decision to go with jamie martin as the backup qb.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Martin does worry me at times, but I agree with tanus that Martz was savy enough to realize it's important to have a guy that knows the offense, and other than Warner, no player knows it better than Martin. I'll take what Martin has been able to do any day. I will be glad to see Bulger back in the saddle against Seattle though.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Amen to the return of bulger. With all the time martin had today, bulger would have lit them up big time. The key miss to the open curtis on the deep out in the 3rd quarter certainly comes to mind.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

I still think martin stinks. Yeah we won and yes i love that but like the guy said..Martin had plenty of time to throw the ball all day.. Bulger would have lit them up..and if we can run the ball like this with bulger, holt, and bruce in the line up...WATCH OUT.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

You won't get any Martin support out of this guy. Not sure why anyone would think he was even serviceable again this week. Three Int's that were 100% his fault and all 3 came during some nice drives. Again he walks away lucky. I still think Fitz would have done just as well if not better and he would have been given an opportunity to grow.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

He still stinks...compared to (Dan Marino volume 2) Marc Bulger. I think he would be better with Bruce and Holt in there and I couldn't imagine Curtis going up against teams nickel backs after facing the #1's the last 2 weeks. It looks like things are coming together with the D stepping up and Jackson running with authority.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Do people still think Jamie Martin stinks?

No, he doesn't 'stink'.

I think he is a good backup QB, definitely knows the Rams system and can perform the game plan. 'Rusty' is more the problem on his INTs ... to think this is only his 2nd start in 50 years as a pro (yes, of course, a backup in ANY position MUST be READY at ALL TIMES).

:1: It was good to see he didn't let go after those turnovers but kept in the fight.

On the other hand, I agree with Tanus and R8rh8rmike's comments. :up:

tanus is offline Registered User

not sure what some of you want out of a backup qb. if you really think a rookie 7th round draft pick would do better then i must ask you, why do you think he was drafted in the 7th round? he needs more time before he will be ready.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

We Have To Say That He Played A Good Game Since He Did It Without Bruce Or Holt, But I Wouldnt Want Him For A Long Period Of Time.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    We Have To Say That He Played A Good Game Since He Did It Without Bruce Or Holt, But I Wouldnt Want Him For A Long Period Of Time.
    He's a backup. Technically speaking, we don't want him playing period, unfortunately injuries happen and backups are sometimes pressed into service. He's got two wins, and that's all I care about. Good game Jamie Martin.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    He's a backup. Technically speaking, we don't want him playing period, unfortunately injuries happen and backups are sometimes pressed into service. He's got two wins, and that's all I care about. Good game Jamie Martin.
    Good point Mike! I was one of the crowd that didn't want to see him make the final roster at the end of camp, but it appears now that it is a good thing he did. However, I still cringe when he attempts the deep out ... it just seems like it takes forever for the ball to arrive.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

He knows the system and has made a couple of nice deep throws to Curtis. He did his job, and surpassed expectations.

Probably needed all of Jacksons 170+ yards on the ground to make it work. I don't think we could win it on his arm, if needed.

Bye week, and bring back the starters.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    You won't get any Martin support out of this guy. Not sure why anyone would think he was even serviceable again this week. Three Int's that were 100% his fault and all 3 came during some nice drives. Again he walks away lucky. I still think Fitz would have done just as well if not better and he would have been given an opportunity to grow.
    Well stated I agree 100%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast