Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: Do people still think jamie martin stinks?

i dont think he stinks but, he's not a QB IMPO that can lead this team to the Superbowl!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Does he stink? No. Is he serviceable? Yeah, but I'd like him a lot more as a third stringer. He seems like the perfect emergency quarterback that could come in and finish out or win a game in a quarter or two using his knowledge of the offense alone. Like r8rh8rmike said, beyond Kurt Warner [and of course Faulk] he knows Martz's/Fairchild's offense better than anyone. However, I think we can all agree that his two wins can be credited to Steven Jackson's legs over Martin's arm.

What is needed at the backup spot is a young developing quarterback that can still give the offense a spark. This is something I believe we might have in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he should be able to fill that role within the next few seasons.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -10-31-2005 at 01:21 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    i dont think he stinks but, he's not a QB IMPO that can lead this team to the Superbowl!
    Martin isn't supposed to lead us to the Superbowl. If everything went right he would never play for us at all meaning that Bulger would take every snap.

Martin is what he is, he's a BACKUP.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-31-2005 at 03:22 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    What is needed at the backup spot is a young developing quarterback that can still give the offense a spark. This is something I believe we might have in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he should be able to fill that role within the next few seasons.
    I think a developmental guy is what the third QB slot is for. Backing up Bulger, I'd prefer a guy who can step in and run the offense efficiently for a game or two if needed. Not run it at its highest level, but he needs to be able to not turn the ball over, make accurate throws, and solid reads. Martin, in my opinion, may have a good knowledge of the offense, but hasn't been accurate with his passes as much as he needs to be.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12