Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do the Rams?

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Re: Do the Rams?

what we had this season worked pretty well i'd say.. no need to bring in a different defensive mind.
    promote from within, Blake Williams etc

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Lovie Smith usually didn't have a defense mostly developed save in Chicago and he did a good job there...Andy Reid, he is more an offense minded coach. I'd like to see Lovie come back to the Rams fold. However, I doubt Reid would take anything less the a HC position...sadly For Smith, its very likely he too may find a HC position as well.

Good thing is as of Friday there where 7 firings and that means teams are on the move to find replacement HCs ASAP! I tend to recall a lot of changes where dragged out and I don't recall this many changes this quick.

Besides the "big name" coaches now availiable I wounder how many good secondary coaches and support staff might be available. Personally if the Rams can land a good defensive coach its likely he may bring in other support coaches as part as his staff. Its a reason why I like the idea of acquiring L. Smith if he is available. Further often top talent players tend to fallow particular coaches around. Granted, though D. Hester appears upset over Lovie's firing, I don't think he is available being under contract.

G. Williams is a bit of a long shot...haven't heard anything about the Rams FO putting the question before the NFL if he may join the ranks. I think any team sits on their hands and just leaves it up to just G. Williams and his lawyer(s), he is likely to sit out at least another season. The NFL can basically ignore a player or coach, but has to pay attention to a team and its ownership

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Good question. Those around here that portray to have some kind of inside knowledge say the Rams will promote from within.
    I don't know about the alleged "portrayal", but that would make sense....on both sides of the ball actually. They went the entire year w/o their formal DC, and currently have two former DCs on the coaching staff. Fisher has already stated that should Schott leave, he won't be changing Offensive schemes. With reports coming out that Cignetti is well thought of as quickly stepping into an OC role, the best guess that promotions on either side of the Coordinator ball would happen within.

Does that mean they will? Who knows. But that seems to make the most sense.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

If it aint broken do not fix it.

Haste is offline Registered User

I think we are going to stick with the Blake/Gregg Williams combo.

However, I wouldn't mind if we got Lovie Smith and a disgruntled Devin Hester got traded to us for a 6th rounder

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

G. Williams is a bit of a long shot...haven't heard anything about the Rams FO putting the question before the NFL if he may join the ranks. I think any team sits on their hands and just leaves it up to just G. Williams and his lawyer(s), he is likely to sit out at least another season. The NFL can basically ignore a player or coach, but has to pay attention to a team and its ownership

Now that I think about it the season hasn't officially ended so I imagine we won't hear anything on Greg Williams till a minimum of Mid. Feb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12