Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    fearlessone's Avatar
    fearlessone is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    AFTERMATH
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    11

    Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    I hate to say or think this but it may be tough to watch the Game Monday nite the way our D is performing.

    At least it seems the Colts offense is watered down from FA but their D is better from the same.

    Are we looking at improving our D like the Pats are by bringing in unsigned players for tryouts?

    It does not look good for our season ...

    Still my fingers are crossed.

    New nickname for our D, "the fearless burnt toast".

    It was dreadful.

    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

  2. #2
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    uhhhh.....no

  3. #3
    SwingOnDeez's Avatar
    SwingOnDeez is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Colts O is watered down from Free Agency? I gues you must think Marcus Pollard is a meaner weapon than Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Clark, and Rhodes, because he's the only player we lost this year.

    I think you're a little confused.

    I've already had 2 sigs removed by MODS here. I guess we'll see if this one is too offensive as well.

  4. #4
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,864
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    The possibility of the Rams being blown out at Indy looms large particularly when one considers how poorly the defense has been playing. However, there is also the possibility that the players may get pumped and try to "win one for the Gipper" ... one never knows. It will be interesting to see how Steve Fairchild runs the offense all by his lonesome.

    Monday night.. a road game .. if one goes just on stats, next Monday night has all the makings for an ugly game; but this team has shown heart before and hopefully will again when the whole nation is watching...

    :1:

  5. #5
    mw23 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    I hate to say or think this but it may be tough to watch the Game Monday nite the way our D is performing.

    At least it seems the Colts offense is watered down from FA but their D is better from the same.
    The Colts O is water downed from loosing Pollard & DeMulling to Detriot. Not hardly. The difference between the 04 offense, and the 05 offense? They don't have to go out an score 30-40 points every game. They are trying to sustain drives, taking what the defense gives, yada yada yada. That's the only difference.

    Defensively, we only added Corey Simmon. I feel he has had a bigger impact in the locker room, than on the field to this point. Remember he is still playing himself into football shape. I think this would be a good week for him to have a monster game. The other change was benching Rob Morris in favor of Gary Brackett. The other 9 starters are the ones that walked off the field in New England back in January.
    Last edited by mw23; -10-12-2005 at 01:29 PM.


    Sig by Shuggz at www.coltfreaks.com

  6. #6
    fearlessone's Avatar
    fearlessone is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    AFTERMATH
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnDeez
    Colts O is watered down from Free Agency? I gues you must think Marcus Pollard is a meaner weapon than Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Clark, and Rhodes, because he's the only player we lost this year.

    I think you're a little confused.
    The confusion is all yours as your inability to score is baffling with all the talent mentioned compared to last year.

    But at least your are winning and that is all that matters.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

  7. #7
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,184
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    I hate to admit it but I do feel the Colts will win by a couple of touchdowns. The Rams " O " could have a large game. After all lets look at the Juggernaut offenses that Colts defense has been up against so far this season:

    Baltimore
    Jacksonville
    Cleveland
    Tennessee
    Whiners

    In my opinion Monday nights game will be exciting, That so called improved Colts D will face their 1st true test.

    Come on RAMS get er dun !

  8. #8
    fearlessone's Avatar
    fearlessone is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    AFTERMATH
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    I hate to admit it but I do feel the Colts will win by a couple of touchdowns. The Rams " O " could have a large game. After all lets look at the Juggernaut offenses that Colts defense has been up against so far this season:

    Baltimore
    Jacksonville
    Cleveland
    Tennessee
    Whiners

    In my opinion Monday nights game will be exciting, That so called improved Colts D will face their 1st true test.

    Come on RAMS get er dun !
    LA Ram,

    I hope you are right!

    I do not follow the Colts closely but they seem to be the GSOT last year killing opponents except for the Jags and the PAts.

    Not scoring and only losing one player on O to FA is a little odd.

    With MArtz hurting and the D worse I hope we do not quit like the Saints may have. I feel for those guys.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

  9. #9
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    You know it wouldn't surprise me if the RAMS win this one. It's all about discipline, and it looks like Vitt is already putting his stamp on things by letting Hawthorne go. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  10. #10
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,313
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    You know it wouldn't surprise me if the RAMS win this one. It's all about discipline, and it looks like Vitt is already putting his stamp on things by letting Hawthorne go. :clanram:
    I agree. The Colts look impressive, but hardly unbeatable. 1 touchdown against Cleveland's 28th ranked defense? Indy has certainly not been dominant against everyone they've played. If Cleveland was somehow able to give them a fight, I don't see why we can't.

  11. #11
    adarian_too's Avatar
    adarian_too is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Hollow
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiWowiRam
    .. there is also the possibility that the players may get pumped and try to "win one for the Gipper" ... one never knows.
    Oh yeah. There does exist the possibility. It's hard to find anyone other than Holt however who stood out as making any kind of effort that reflected how M&M was putting his all on the line for the team and that they would too.

    In fact, until that cancer Fair is ripped out its hard for me to imagine anyone getting the message what effort is truly about. It's a day late and a dollar short.

    "Mama, I'm tired. Can I go to bed now. The game is only on the line and I was given the chance to prove myself after 4 weeks of invisibility, but I'm too tired to stay up now."

    "Sure, my fair-headed son. Mama has a warm teat for you too."

    (In the background Conrad Dobler could be heard muttering something about letting him block one more time ... and letting Deacon administer just one more headslap after missing that block ... )

    Mammie step down? Fair better step down, cuz clothesline's a-comin son.
    Last edited by adarian_too; -10-12-2005 at 04:16 PM.

  12. #12
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,315
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    ...This team has shown heart before and hopefully will again when the whole nation is watching... --MauiRam
    :up:
    You're right, Maui. And I say again, it happened before when we were 0-5 and then defeated the 5-0 Oakland Raiders.

    But we better show up on MNF and put that heart before us! I am not as worried about the Colts D as I am about their offense.

    I do not think we 'go down' like the Saints Vs. the Packers, no.

    The St. Louis Rams, I hope ... I believe ... will be up and running for this game Vs. Colts. Joe Vitt is on a mission and his 'tight-jaw / frown-look / serious approach' should pump up the team, perhaps on a "let's get this one for the Skipper (Coach Martz)" basis and determination.

    * Colts undefeated.
    * Rams at 2-3.
    * Loss Vs. Seahawks hurt.
    * Mike Martz ill, unforseen situation at beginning of season.
    * Rams offense needing to prove itself to the world.
    * Rams Defense, bleeding.
    * Potential turning point.

    *Sigh* GO RAMS! :angryram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-12-2005 at 05:41 PM.

  13. #13
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    The Colts O is water downed from loosing Pollard & DeMulling to Detriot. Not hardly. The difference between the 04 offense, and the 05 offense? They don't have to go out an score 30-40 points every game. They are trying to sustain drives, taking what the defense gives, yada yada yada. That's the only difference.
    Losing Pollard did really hurt your offense. Pollard is a great TE and was a great target for Manning. He was the safety valve. Dwayne Clark is not doing that consistenly it does not seem. So, yes, losing Marcus Pollard has really hurt your offense

  14. #14
    LongSackTheClown's Avatar
    LongSackTheClown is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Losing Pollard did really hurt your offense. Pollard is a great TE and was a great target for Manning. He was the safety valve. Dwayne Clark is not doing that consistenly it does not seem. So, yes, losing Marcus Pollard has really hurt your offense
    You're absolutely right. Dwayne Clark has not been a consistent performer this year. Hell you know you're perfoming inconsistently for the Colts when you never put on a Colts uniform. Or even exist for that matter. Dallas Clark on the other hand has been decent. He was more of an pass catching threat than Pollard last year. Where we miss Pollard is blocking for Edge. But Edge has put up good numbers regardless.
    Your signature was edited by a moderator because it is inappropriate for this website.

  15. #15
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,446
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Do the Rams go down to the Colts like the Saints vs the Packers?

    Quote Originally Posted by LongSackTheClown
    You're absolutely right. Dwayne Clark has not been a consistent performer this year. Hell you know you're perfoming inconsistently for the Colts when you never put on a Colts uniform. Or even exist for that matter. Dallas Clark on the other hand has been decent. He was more of an pass catching threat than Pollard last year. Where we miss Pollard is blocking for Edge. But Edge has put up good numbers regardless.

    LOL

    The Colts miss Pollard but I really don't think it's a big deal at all. They will be fine without him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •