Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Do the Rams still have a shot at primetime?

Remaining games in the primetime slot:

Week 13: NYJ at NE (it's a lock for these 2 elite teams)
    Week 14: IND at TEN, PHI at DAL, BAL at HOU (most likely won't get in)
    Week 15: SF at SD, GB at NE, CHI at MIN (it's possible we can slip the KC game in the Thursday or Monday night game)
    Week 16: CAR at PIT, DAL at ARI, SD at CIN, NO at ATL (Mon. night is a lock but I'd like the NFL to give the SD-CIN game the big boot off NBC)

I'd love to get in week 16 to take off the Chargers-Bengals game to see the Rams and Whiners faceoff but if anything the Giants-Packers game might takeover seeing that the Packers are good and the NFC East likes to be overexposed in national television.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Do the Rams still have a shot at primetime?

You kidding right? Unless the NFL wants to showcase Bradford, ain't gonna happen. There is a huge bias against our beloved Rams. I don't like it but it is a reality. I would be surprised if we get a prime time game next year.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Depends on how things work out. I mean, if the NFC West comes down to week 17, I don't see how they could resist playing the Rams/Seahawks game. Week 13 is done. Week 14 we could have a chance at but I would say the Eagles and Cowboys get it, then one of the other 2 games. Week 15 and 16 we could certainly get in, although knowing the NFL the eagles will probably be televised every week.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Whats the big thrill with a primetime game? It just means you have to wait longer to see them play. I hate waiting till 315 for a game let alone 720.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

the man has a point ^^ LOL i actaully agree with him haha hate waiting !

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Whats the big thrill with a primetime game? It just means you have to wait longer to see them play. I hate waiting till 315 for a game let alone 720.
    As someone in the St. Louis market, I'm sure you don't care... but as someone in the BenGALS market(and actually in their training camp town), I crave desperately to see my Rams on the primetime stage. I'd probably DVR it and find a way to download it to my computer to save as Sam's first primetime game.

To answer the question, I don't see it happening until week 17, where they won't make a decision until the Tuesday after week 16. The media as a whole thinks that the NFC West is a laughingstock(though NFL network tonight said that the West's winner might do something, a la the Super Bowl Cards), and so we won't get any respect until the very end. The league wants the last game of the regular season to showcase desperation to get into the playoffs, and so I actually see the commissioner salivating on hoping that the NFC West comes down to the Rams at Hags. If it's the play in game we expect, I think that Goodell pushes it at NBC, especially if most of the other races are settled.

The three most likely games I see for the primetime week 17 game are: Rams/Hags, Bucs/Saints(possible WC play in), and the probable Bears/Pack. I can only hope that it's us!
    I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As someone in the St. Louis market, I'm sure you don't care... but as someone in the BenGALS market(and actually in their training camp town), I crave desperately to see my Rams on the primetime stage. I'd probably DVR it and find a way to download it to my computer to save as Sam's first primetime game.

To answer the question, I don't see it happening until week 17, where they won't make a decision until the Tuesday after week 16. The media as a whole thinks that the NFC West is a laughingstock(though NFL network tonight said that the West's winner might do something, a la the Super Bowl Cards), and so we won't get any respect until the very end. The league wants the last game of the regular season to showcase desperation to get into the playoffs, and so I actually see the commissioner salivating on hoping that the NFC West comes down to the Rams at Hags. If it's the play in game we expect, I think that Goodell pushes it at NBC, especially if most of the other races are settled.

The three most likely games I see for the primetime week 17 game are: Rams/Hags, Bucs/Saints(possible WC play in), and the probable Bears/Pack. I can only hope that it's us!
    I actually hope we don't get into the NBC slot in week 17 seeing that it's going to be extremely cold and that's a probability of ruining our chances of making the playoffs. Night time Seattle is a freezing hell hole if you've been or live there.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I thought the only flex games were the Sunday night games and everything else is already set

Rampingitup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I actually hope we don't get into the NBC slot in week 17 seeing that it's going to be extremely cold and that's a probability of ruining our chances of making the playoffs. Night time Seattle is a freezing hell hole if you've been or live there.
    I used to live in Port Orchard, so I know what you are talking about. But it is not as bad as here in Erie Pa where I live now.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Week 17 is a legitimate shot at going primetime because that game will most likely determine the outcome of the NFC west.And as far as next year goes if we pull off the division(which we will )we will def land at least 1 primetime game believe that.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Yeah people in the STL market probably dont understand it. I didnt care about primetime when I lived in missouri. But have been in NC the last 7 years and I crave primetime games. It is an opportunity to watch from the comfort of my own home, knowing everyone I know is watching it too.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Yeah people in the STL market probably dont understand it. I didnt care about primetime when I lived in missouri. But have been in NC the last 7 years and I crave primetime games. It is an opportunity to watch from the comfort of my own home, knowing everyone I know is watching it too.

I do understand both sides actually...

I have lived away from here and watched the games on my tv through my laptop. So ya I still dont understand the craving for it. Because weither you have sunday ticket or watch them online you can still always watch a game in your home. I use my phone to connect to the internet to the laptop which is hooked to the tv. So I still dont see what the point in wantingto have a most of the time colder situation.

jkramsfan Guest

I think the final game against the Seahawks if the division is still at stake would have a shot of getting moved , but that is most likely our only chance

macrammer is online now Registered User

I do not really care, we have been bad for so long it seems that the story is certainly worthy of prime time but it is what it is. Best cure for lack of prime time this year is to win the NFC West and/or end up 8-8 and get on the schedule next year. I have a feeling we will see prime time for a few years to come with SB at the helm.

If the Whiners can get 2 primetime games for going 8-8 last season, then we should be no different in earning a spot. A solid draft and FA acquisitions will get us some nice primetime slots next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast