Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do We Have The Talent @ WR?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Do We Have The Talent @ WR?

Smith has to play better then he has shown so far. It's going to take time too get Quick and Givens going. What could help is IF we can establish the run game. Not just SJ being SJ but really blowing people off the line and creating running lanes for SJ and Pead. IF that happens our passing game with the receivers should be fine.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    The wr's cant get open becuase they are the same recievers we had last year running with the 1s. Except for smith

Drz
    Drz is offline Registered User

I don't think the WRs are the problem. Across the NFL, the talent gap between top WRs and the leftovers isn't as great as other positions. WR production depends so much on the amount of time the QB has before he gets pressured, and as long as we have one of the worst O-Lines in the league, we'll never see any productive WRs in St. Louis.

I was rather surprised when the front office made no O-Line moves this offseason. I guess the thinking was there were so many holes to fill, they'd take care of the O-Line next year (which certainly makes sense).
    live4ramin likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I was rather surprised when the front office made no O-Line moves this offseason. I guess the thinking was there were so many holes to fill, they'd take care of the O-Line next year (which certainly makes sense).
    Well, they brought in Wells from Green Bay, which was a pretty nice acquisition. But other than that, no major movement to bring in OL help. Guys like Turner, Watkins, Ojinnaka, and Richardson are really better off as depth guys. I think the team was hoping that Boudreau can coach them up. Guess we'll find out.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Drz
    Drz is offline Registered User

There wasn't a whole lot in the draft for O-Line players; I'm thinking the strategy was to bolster the defense this year (on paper, the CB situation suddenly actually looks good, and the D-Line and LBs were our lone bright spots last year) and use the first round picks in 2013 and 2014 from the #2 pick cornucopia on a franchise LT. Sad to say, but it's awfully hard to imagine the Rams being good this year, so we'll probably have another high pick of our own.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    What we all need to realize, ( and accept, hard as that is), is that the Rams are on a three year plan.

We're still suffering from drafting #2, #2 and #1, in the $40 mil guaranteed era of the NFL, (one of which was a total bust), and we need to live with that fact.

In the next two years, O-Line, safety, WR and LB will be addressed.

It's difficult being patient after the last 5 years, but there's simply no choice at this point.

The Rams have a real front office and coaching staff now, but there was way too much damage done in the last ten years to overcome in one.

I just hope Bradford survives, but there really is a new day dawning.
    Rambos and GROUND DOG 39 like this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    What we all need to realize, ( and accept, hard as that is), is that the Rams are on a three year plan.
    Yeah but,

Fisher and Snead keep telling us this is not a rebuilding project.

I know, I know.......I'm just sayin......so tell them.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

I would say that I'm glad that you guys went with Sherman instead of Ellard. Sherman helped develop Myles Austin among others. I know Ellard is a Rams guy, but he was with the Jets for three years and the Jets were loaded with body catchers. Ellard *might* be fine, but the Jets were loaded with underachievers and bad habits. Some of that can be attributed to having castoffs and guys that were already headaches - Holmes, Edwards, Mason and Burress to name a few. OTOH, they didn't really develop anybody except maybe Chansi Stuckey. To be fair, Braylon Edwards went from one of the league high drop artists to a top guy in least drops his last year with the Jets. Good or bad, sometimes it's just the players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12