Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 Guest

Do you guys think Jackson is a Top 5 Back?

I mean seriously I don't mean this as a joke. I actually think Jackson is a top 5 back. Granit he doesn't have many attempts/yards/tds but look who was coaching him the first few games. Martz is a passing HC not a running. And last week we absolutely owned the #1 DT dandom in the league and possibily the best Dline in the league. Look what happened 179yds when he ran over 20 times. I think if we continue to give Jackson 20-25+ carries a game he will get over 1,000 yards yet. If we don't give him that we wasted a #1 pick and I already say he is a top 5 back. What do you all think

#1 Tomlinson
    #2 Alexander
    #3 Barber
    #4 E. James
    #5 Jackson

Thats my top 5

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Do you guys think Jackson is a Top 5 Back?

Um, no I don't think he's a top five back. He could be, but he's not right now.

In no particular order, I'd definitely rank the following above Jackson:

Tomlinson
    Alexander
    Holmes
    James
    Portis
    Barber
    Dillon
    McGahee

Jackson is talented, but he's young and still has some improving to do before he ranks in the league's upper echilon of RBs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 Guest

Jackson is definately top 10 in my mind. Of those rookie sensations from last season, Jackson is the only one to have over 100 yards rushing and is the only one to have played every game this season.

lilant2398 Guest

Dillion hasnt done anything thing this year.
    Holmes is old and injury prone.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He may not be a top 5 back right now, but there are backs that, though ranked above him, I would not trade him for.

Hasselbeck8MVP Guest

Not yet, he still has a couple years to hit that status.. but he is certainly on his way there.

RamsFan16 Guest

Yea... I was being bias above. I think he is a top 10 back the more I think about it. Not top 5. But I believe Jackson is better than K and J Jones. I think he was the best runningback taken in last years draft. Its all an opinion

rawkhrdr Guest

I would put him at #8 right now...behind Tomlinson, Alexander, James, Dillon, Tiki Barber, Portis, McGahee.

One up and comer if he keeps getting touches would be Marion Barber,

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    But I believe Jackson is better than K and J Jones. I think he was the best runningback taken in last years draft. Its all an opinion
    I agree with you on that, definitely. Kevin and Julius Jones both had better rookie seasons, but I think Steven is the better 'back.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

bluengreen Guest

Do you guys think Jackson is a Top 5 Back?

No. He's a beast and may very well one day become one, but he only has three 100 yard games in his career (compare to Alexander who has three in the last four games). It's way too early.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He's on his way. It will be fun watching the offense evolve around him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Um, no I don't think he's a top five back. He could be, but he's not right now.

In no particular order, I'd definitely rank the following above Jackson:

Tomlinson
    Alexander
    Holmes
    James
    Portis
    Barber
    Dillon
    McGahee

Jackson is talented, but he's young and still has some improving to do before he ranks in the league's upper echilon of RBs.

DITTO. Right on target.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamJackson39 Guest

I agree with you on that, definitely. Kevin and Julius Jones both had better rookie seasons, but I think Steven is the better 'back.
    The more I study Jackson, the more I think that he can be one of the best backs of all time. His running style is amazing. He has been hitting the hole quickly, he is usually forced to power his way through it, but the moment he sees light; he's back at full speed. He's only going to get better.

he wears down the defense as the game goes, but doesnt seem to slow down at all. It almost looks like he gets faster. The only other back in the league that I can point at and say that he runs with power, but has the speed to break away is LT.

Seehawkrun Guest

Jackson is a very strong back, I like how hard he runs through holes in the Dline.

I don't get why everyone in the world is calling Alexander the #2 and LT is #1. Honestly, LT is great, but what is this ranking system based on? Yards? Advantage: Alexander. TDs? Advantage: Alexander. What about last season's numbers? Same, both in favor of Alexander. Plus, the guy has had fewer carries and averages more yards per carry.

So, um...yeah LT is the #2 in my honest opinion. I am a 'Hawks fan, but I seriously don't understand how the guy with all the best stats in the league is constantly being called the second best back. Explain?

Edited to also include the facts that SA has scored more touchdowns than *anyone* (including Priest Holmes and Tomlinson) in the NFL since the start of the 2001 season. He has had more NFC Player of the week awards and more 100-yard rushing games than LT both this season and in his career, as well.
    Last edited by Seehawkrun; -11-07-2005 at 12:39 PM.

rampete Guest

alexander is a great back, but tomlinson is a super back in the mold of faulk, sanders and payton...alexander is a great pure rb but i don't see him as the best complete back like tomlinson is.

tomlinson stays back to pass protect and does it surprisingly well...he may be the best catch receiving back i've ever seen. i think he caught over a 100 passes couple of seasons ago...and he did all this when the chargers had next to nothing at qb and wrs to keep the defenses honest...brees only came on last season...

alexander is a slasher and has great vision but i don't think he's a very good pass protector nor nearly as good in reception as tomlinson...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast