RamWraith is offline Registered User

Do you really blame Bulger...how about Holt??

I tell you...there is a lot of screaming for Bulger, but what about Holt.

The guy is getting no separation off the line or in his routes. Everything he runs is only 2 to 7 yards. He has lost a step or 5. In my opinion his age has caught up with him big time. He has never had the crisp routes that Bruce had, making him a non-factor in this offense. If you aren't going to be precise, and aren't willing to go over the middle a possession receiver you are not. What good is Holt at this point??

Blame should not be on Bulger. Until Avery the last 3 weeks...Bulger has had NO ONE.

I love Holt as much as I loved Bruce. But it is time to move on. Make for youth.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Do you really blame Bulger...how about Holt??

That's exactly what my most recent thread has been discussing. We need OL/DL help but also need one extra stud WR for the coming years...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

The guy is getting no separation off the line or in his routes. Everything he runs is only 2 to 7 yards. He has lost a step or 5. In my opinion his age has caught up with him big time. He has never had the crisp routes that Bruce had, making him a non-factor in this offense. If you aren't going to be precise, and aren't willing to go over the middle a possession receiver you are not. What good is Holt at this point??

Blame should not be on Bulger. Until Avery the last 3 weeks...Bulger has had NO ONE.

I love Holt as much as I loved Bruce. But it is time to move on. Make for youth.
    Let's not forget that Holt is drawing the most attention and double teams.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

wow, good points,it just sucks to think of it that way,could his knee be bothering him alot ? hey if we can make excuses for Bulger why not Holt also ? Could this be the last season for Holt in St. Louis,I think he has a few more big games in him as does Bulger,I just get impatient waiting fior them.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -10-26-2008 at 08:03 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Why dont we blame a defensive lineman that doesnt get a sack on every series?

If i had told people that without jackson we would be in the game until the last two minutes with a chance to win at the end, who would have believed that? There is no way in the world that we are in this game at the end without bulgers performance today. He may not have been the greatest, but i dont see how anyone can say that he lost it when we never would have been in it without it him.

Holt is over the hill. He has and never will be the same since his last set of knee issues. We should have traded him in the offseason for picks when he still had perceived value around the league.

Jackson is the key to our offense. Without him in the game, neither bulger nor anyone else is going to look the same.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I guarantee you the Eagles would have given us something for him.

I have finally figured out what has been ailing our offense for so long. WE DON'T HAVE ANY BIGTIME THREATS. When was the last time we had a big tight end who was always a threat in the redzone. Drew Bennett was supposed to be the Tall Wide Receiver for bulger to target in the redzone, but we all know how thats worked out. On the ground SJ is nice in the Rezone, but We really need a TE or big reciver to go up and get it in the redzone. TE may be out second biggest need on offense behind offensive tackle
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -10-26-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I know what you mean. However, having Holt out there will keep defenses focused on him and allow Burton and Avery to make big plays as they did today.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I know what you mean. However, having Holt out there will keep defenses focused on him and allow Burton and Avery to make big plays as they did today.
    I wonder how long this will continue? Sooner or later, defenses will have to start paying more attention to Avery and then I guess we'll get a chance to see if Holt can take advantage or not.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I wonder how long this will continue? Sooner or later, defenses will have to start paying more attention to Avery and then I guess we'll get a chance to see if Holt can take advantage or not.
    Indeed. Holt being double teamed may not continue much longer if Avery continues to burn through defenses. In order to warrant that kind of attention, you have to show how dangerous you are when you don't get it. Has Holt done that? Will he if the attention is removed? I'm starting to have my doubts at this point.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Tough situation really. Holt may not be better than the 3rd option at this point. I find it hard to beleive that he is struggling so badly because of constant double teams. Andre Johnson is getting the same treatment in Houston, and oh my, he might break all kinds of records this year ...

Holt is just not the receiver he used to be, no doubt. The local radio guys here this morning made a great point. He might be a viable option on turf still, but he is just too slow to be productive on grass ...