Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is online now Registered User

do you remember where you were????

January 30, 2000 (Seven years ago?! Holy (expletive)!) will forever be ingrained in my memory. Just like how everyone remembers where they were on the morning of 9/11 and when Kennedy was shot, every true Rams fan remembers where they were when Mike Jones made “The Tackle”. I was sitting on the couch in my old house and my mom and dad were in the recliners. My 8-year-old brother was sitting on the floor. As great a play as the tackle was, it’s unfortunate that the casual fan remembers only that play when thinking about Super Bowl XXXIV because the game had everything a legendary game should have.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: do you remember where you were????

I was at a small Superbowl Party in Brockton,Ma. at a friends house. 4 of us routing for the Rams and 1 guy (clown ) routing for the Titans. I can distinctly remember almost breaking my ankles jumping over the ottoman at my feet as Bruce ran in the winning TD!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It's hard for me to remember where I was last night sometimes.....at my age.

lol

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

At home, watching the game on a snowy night. A senior in HS, I was still living in St. Louis at the time. 7 years ago....hard to believe.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    it’s unfortunate that the casual fan remembers only that play when thinking about Super Bowl XXXIV because the game had everything a legendary game should have.
    Agreed. Although the Rams had plenty of chances to put the game away before halftime. 5 times in the red zone, and 1 TD.

RealRam is offline Registered User

'Sure do! I was in the bedroom watching the game with my then 20 year old son and during that last play of the Titans final drive I was nervously wondering -- "could this be it, at last?!?"

The Tackle. What a moment, what a play, what a victory. :r

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    when Kennedy was shot .
    fat jimmy got shot,does that mean he`s out for the season with a non-football injury?? heres wishin` an a hopin`

i was in the army during the regular season and only caught one or two games,i was told by my mate(a 40whiners fan) that it was gonna be the rams year, so i had a nudging feeling that things weren`t working in the army so got my self out intime for the minnesota playoff game,saw "the catch" in the tampa nfc champ game and the takle i was on my knees on the living room floor at about 4.20am british time on my second bottle of Jim Beam and then started to hop around like a demented frog!

general counsel is online now Registered User

I was at the game, sitting in a luxury box in the end zone on the side of the field where ike scored the winning td. he came running right at me.

funny, on the last play of the game, from my angle, it didnt look like dyson got that close. i knew he didnt get in.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I was at the game, sitting in a luxury box in the end zone on the side of the field where ike scored the winning td. he came running right at me.

funny, on the last play of the game, from my angle, it didnt look like dyson got that close. i knew he didnt get in.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    You lucky little.......

Anyhoo, I remember a lot about that night. I was at work until just before halftime. When Sam came to pick me up, I was on food run duty. I went to the Subway a block away, but it took for-freaking-ever to get there and back with the ice and snow on the ground. I had my usual 6-inch steak and cheese on wheat, with onions, peppers, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Sam had a pastami on white with mustard and black olives. Footlong. Right around the 2-minute warning, I had to hit the antacids. I was pregnant with Sami, and I had heartburn every time I took a deep breath.....LOL

Oh yeah, I remember.....
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    A Rams fan's dream thanks for ruining my post with that general was there a better place to be than that?

I was in my old apartment before I bought my house my best friend of 32 years also a Rams fan was there and also one of my good high school buddies a Titans fan was there. What a blast and a emotional roller coaster it should have been a blowout but as I've come to know as a Rams fan nothing comes easy.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, to have been at THAT game in a luxury box has got to be the memory of a lifetime GC.

I was at a party full of Ram haters who mocked me, tormented me and screamed "Al Del greco" at me most of the game. MOST being the operative word. They didn't have much to say at the end, but you know I did!

Truely an unforgettable moment of unbridled joy.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I was at my brother's house with family... 3 Rams' fans, One Steelers and a Bolts fan.

I'll take the one but there should have been a Pat's type streak for us....

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

blood85 is offline Registered User

I was at my sisters house, My bro in law is a whiners fan. There was a total of about 10 people with only one person going for the Titans: you guessed it, the whiner fan. My younger bro (also a hard core ram fan, from the LA days )was also there, we must of hugged forever when Bruce caught the TD to win the game and at MJ's "tackle".

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Me and about 7 or 8 of my best friends were sitting in my basement watching the game. "The Tackle" sent us into a drink induced 15 minute mosh pit of celebration in which my friend John was unceremoniously "pedigreed" (for all you wrestling fans) onto a "beeramid" we had made in the corner of the room. Good times. But I will enjoy it more the 2nd time around!

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

Wow GC thats hard to beat. I was at home with my wife & 2 girls, just couldn't be around anyone else that wanted to spoil my fun. And I have to say I was 1 edgy person all game I just wanted this game to end, but the Titans played tough & gave us a run for the money. When Jones made the tackle ( as GC has stated) I knew we had just won it all, there was no way Dyson got in. And finally after years of waiting the monkey was off our back. I felt the wieght off my shoulders & was walking proud. Wow what a year that was, just simply beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast