View Poll Results: Do you want Fisher as the new head coach?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 69.32%
  • No

19 21.59%
  • Other

8 9.09%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you want Fisher as the new head coach?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Do you want Fisher as the new head coach?

Do you want Fisher as the new head coach?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Do you want Fisher as the new head coach?

absolutely!

SLSG is offline Registered User

As soon as Fisher left the Titans I wanted him. He's a darn good HC. His teams play hard and physical. The key will be his coordinators. I loved listening to him from the 99 SB when he brought his team together and yelled something like, "they are celebrating over there". I love his passion.
    ManofGod likes this.

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

Well, he's not my first choice if a few others woulda been available, i.e. Cowher/Dungy, but he's the top candidate that is available now. And I would choose him over Gruden if he put his hat in the ring. So my answer is yes.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I want him... reading an interview with Spags he gave from his home Friday. In the interview he was asked would he change anything.... one issues the players brought up was the fact his coaching staff was young and possibly hurt him.

This is why I want Fisher, he will put an experienced coaching staff together much like Dick Vermeil did. just seemed like we where not seeing the young players get better especially on the O line.

Here is that conversation

The reason I ask is because in conversations with several players, all who requested anonymity, they said you would have had more success with a more experienced staff.

"I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. I think there was enough experience there. But I can go back to staffs that I have been on where there were many young coaches who grew and became great coaches. I thought we had a good mixture of experience and youth. I do know this. It takes good coaching and good players. It takes a combination of both."

(Asked for specifics about why I felt that way. I mentioned several instances in which plays broke down because of what seemed to be either poor decision making or simple lack of execution.)

"But when you propose that to me you're assuming that the player didn't know what to do. You assume that he wasn't coached to know what to do in that situation. Well, what if he did know what to do, but still didn't do it? So who's at fault then, the coach or the player? Look, nobody plays a perfect game. No one calls a perfect game. I would hope that everyone involved would accept their part in this, too. But the simple fact is, when it doesn't go right, ultimately the bottom line is the buck stops here. We didn't win enough games, so that falls on me."
    The whole read
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Based on what's out there, I would say "yes". Definitely over Cowher or Gruden.

That being said, I'm not willing to say that "all is well" now with this organization if and when he signs. Most of us (myself included) thought that Spags and McD (and Devaney) were the answer too. Obviously, they were not, so who's to say this will work out any better? It's just going to be different. Different in a better way? Only time will tell.

I will say this, those that still talk about and want a return to the GSOT will probably hate this guy. That is not his style. He is a grind it and kick the FG kind of guy, and relys on his defense to keep the game close. Who the Rams bring in as OC & GM will be every bit as important as the HC hire. I'm just hoping for a better game time field manager, and a OC that will be more WCO.

What I do like about Fisher and what I don't like about going out for another coordinator is that there isn't that unknown about him. You know what you're going to get with Jeff. Another hot coordinator getting a shot at his first HC gig scares me and can set this team back another 3-5 years. ...or we could get lucky and get one like Harbaugh, but it's a gamble and the Rams record to date on taking the risk "aint good". See Martz, Linehan, Spags.

But having said all that, I think Fisher is the right guy right now for the Rams. They need some stabilty and consistancy, and I believe Jeff will bring that. His teams won't be pretty to watch, or exciting as the GSOT, but at least we'll win as many as we lose. Which would be a move in the right direction. My worry is that the game has changed and his style may not fit well, but I'm hoping he's good enough a HC to adjust.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    My worry is that the game has changed and his style may not fit well.
    Yea, tell that to the niners...
    TekeRam likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I have to admit, quite a bit of air was let out of my balloon once the decision to let McDaniels/Lloyd walk was made signifying to me, that we are more interested in following a Tennessee Titan model over a NE Patriot one.

Made no sense to me given the fact that Tennessee hasn't won a thing ever. I certainly was not happy about that in the least bit, but I do regard Fisher as a good coach even if he's only Spags with experience, philosophy wise to me.

Winning is obviously the most important thing here, and if he can change our losing culture then I'm sure I'll jump on board eventually.

But for now, he can expect to hear it from me, when things don't go right. Not that he would care one way or another, but I'll let'em have it nonetheless.

Very important draft coming for the Rams, it'd be a good idea for whoever makes the decisions on our picks to get it right.

If it came down to Blackmon and Khalil, I'm firmly in the Blackmon camp, although I would prefer a trade down for as much as we can get above all. But from what I know and suspect about Fisher, he'll likely be in the Khalil camp. Or maybe like someone mentioned, Richardson the RB from Alabama could be in play. We'll see.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Tampa_Ram and Rammed like this.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Yes. Also, cant believe this will be the first coach I am approving/agreeing with as a pickup, since Vermeil left.

I kinda approved Spags, but had others on top of the list. This year Fisher and Cowher were on top of my list.

I know we thought this with Spags, but guys this might be the turn of the rams franchise. Owner situation perfect, willing to spend money, great coach (to be hired), great potential of a franchise qb, and a lot of cap space and early picks to start

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I have to admit, quite a bit of air was let out of my balloon once the decision to let McDaniels/Lloyd walk was made signifying to me, that we are more interested in following a Tennessee Titan model over a NE Patriot one.

Made no sense to me given the fact that Tennessee hasn't won a thing ever. I certainly was not happy about that in the least bit, but I do regard Fisher as a good coach even if he's only Spags with experience philosophy wise to me.

Winning is obviously the most important thing here, and if he can change our losing culture then I'm sure I'll jump on board eventually.

But for now, he can expect to hear it from me, when things don't go right. Not that he would care one way or another, but I'll let'em have it nonetheless.

Very important draft coming for the Rams, it'd be a good idea for whoever makes the decisions on our picks to get it right.

If it came down to Blackmon and Khalil, I'm firmly in the Blackmon camp, although I would prefer a trade down for as much as we can get above all. But from what I know and suspect about Fisher, he'll likely be in the Khalil camp. Or maybe like someone mentioned, Richardson the RB from Alabama could be in play. We'll see.
    Just because Mcdaniels was the coach at NE it doesn't mean he would of had success here as a head coach. In fact it's quite the opposite. What Bill Bellicheck assistant has had great success? He is the mastermind of that team and it seems whoever they plug in at oc or dc has tremendous success(until they leave). I am not a big fan of Mcdaniels. I thought he was overrated as an offensive coach(his last 3 offenses have finished 18 or below), did not like his playcalling and did not understand why we would reward him with a head coaching gig after a poor performance as an offensive coordinator and head coach in the last 3 years.

Fisher is a proven coach with proven methods. This is what this team needs right now. We've went the inexperienced coordinator route the last couple of times and right now we need a sure thing. Fisher is a guy who knows how to build solid teams. Right now I'll take that over someone who may have more upside but who may leave is in the same position we are now three years from now.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Really, why not? Can it get any worse? Seems like we can only go up from the basement

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Just because Mcdaniels was the coach at NE it doesn't mean he would of had success here as a head coach. In fact it's quite the opposite. What Bill Bellicheck assistant has had great success? He is the mastermind of that team and it seems whoever they plug in at oc or dc has tremendous success(until they leave). I am not a big fan of Mcdaniels. I thought he was overrated as an offensive coach(his last 3 offenses have finished 18 or below), did not like his playcalling and did not understand why we would reward him with a head coaching gig after a poor performance as an offensive coordinator and head coach in the last 3 years.

Fisher is a proven coach with proven methods. This is what this team needs right now. We've went the inexperienced coordinator route the last couple of times and right now we need a sure thing. Fisher is a guy who knows how to build solid teams. Right now I'll take that over someone who may have more upside but who may leave is in the same position we are now three years from now.
    So the record's clear, I in no way, support McDaniels as a head coach.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Based on who's available I'm glad we're getting an experianced HC if Fisher does sign. (It hasn't happened yet, right?) Since he didn't draft anybody on the team none of them are "his" guys so everybody will be starting with a clean slate. Everybody has to prove themselves again which in the long run will form the basis for a strong team going forward, weeding out the deadwood and keeping the ballplayers.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Do keep in mind that Belichick had accomplished less than Fisher when the Patriots gave him another chance as a head coach. He was 36-44 as a head coach with the Browns.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams, Fisher ... let's do this already!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast