View Poll Results: Do you want Spags back next year?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 22.73%
  • No

34 77.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Do you want Spags to stay?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Do you want Spags to stay?

Great DC, bad HC. He's done an admirable job with what he has to work with on defense, but has failed misreably as a head coach. The look on Steven Jackson's face while standing on the sideline today said it all, this team has lost it's confidence and desire. That falls on Spags and it's time for a change.

viper is offline Registered User

I've been a Spags supporter up until now. Although, my patience has been wearing thin over the last few weeks. But, I have finally had enough. I was OK with giving him until the end of the season. Now, I'm ready for him to be gone tomorrow.

It can't get any worse no matter who we replace him with as an interm HC for the rest of the year. I would consider letting McD finish out the year, just to see if he has anything to offer. We would also be able to see if Spags is holding him back or not. Which I think he is. Hell, I'm wanting some offense so bad, I'd even consider Mike Martz again. I mean, I am desperate for a change, Now!
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Um, I'd like the Rams to win football games, so no, I do not want spags to stay.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Wonder how our defense is going to look next season if he were to be fired.
    You guys that are singing his praise on d......you know we are the worst against the run in the NFL, right? And you know our front 7 has been healthy most of the year.......

The H/C is fully responsible for all apsects of the teams' performance. Special, Offense, Defense and to some degree talent. IMO, and by record alone, spags has filed miserably.
    Fettmaster likes this.

this is not a poll "ASKING" if you LIKE Spags. Hell, I LIKE Spags but fire his arse now PLEASE!

Rambos is offline Registered User

If Spags goes they all go.
    live4ramin and Agrajag like this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I was a Spags holdout clear up until today. I still like some things about the guy. What I don't understand is why many folks who want Spags head want McD to stay. From what I can tell, the defense has ouplayed our offense and continues to fight after the offense has laid down and quit. Besides the effect of the strike, the biggest change to the Rams was at offensive coordinator and look where we are now. If Spags goes, McDaniels has to go too.
    I really don't think Spags is coaching the offense at all, which is not good; or he is, and that's bad. Hitching to McD may have been a mistake since he hasn't proven himself with any kind of results, unless the New Orleans game could have been a promise of things to come.

I've only been sure of one thing this season and that is we have poor assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball, and that my not be on McD.

So I'll admit I'm stumped. You sure don't see Spags involved on the sidelines with the offense or even standing and confering with McD.
    "The horror"

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I was a Spags holdout clear up until today. I still like some things about the guy. What I don't understand is why many folks who want Spags head want McD to stay. From what I can tell, the defense has ouplayed our offense and continues to fight after the offense has laid down and quit. Besides the effect of the strike, the biggest change to the Rams was at offensive coordinator and look where we are now. If Spags goes, McDaniels has to go too.
    Mcd had a great draft in denver, and had a Idea of where he wanted to go.. Here hes jusst puppet.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    I really don't think Spags is coaching the offense at all, which is not good; or he is, and that's bad. Hitching to McD may have been a mistake since he hasn't proven himself with any kind of results, unless the New Orleans game could have been a promise of things to come.

I've only been sure of one thing this season and that is we have poor assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball, and that my not be on McD.

So I'll admit I'm stumped. You sure don't see Spags involved on the sidelines with the offense or even standing and confering with McD.
    Ive seen a few times Mcd talking to Spags likes hes trying to tell him what they should do. i could be wrong, maybe they were talking about car insurance. None of us really know what they discuss and what spags decisions are with the offense.

Now to the poor assistant coaches part. Your right its not on Mcd, He wasnt allowed to bring in even 1 assistant. Why they did this i dont know, but definatly isnt right.

And im still baffled why we dont have a dang QB coach.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Mcd had a great draft in denver, and had a Idea of where he wanted to go.. Here hes jusst puppet.
    Gaahhh!! Are you kidding or what? The draft record of Mr. McD in Denver is one of the worst two year runs in draft history. It was an epic fail by every measuring stick possible.

Denver had to fire this clown before he totally ran their organization into the ground. BTW I am of the opinion that he had a major influence on our less-than-steller draft this past year.

Although I can't prove it, the questionable picks coupled with the complete disregard for value has McD's grubby fingerprints all over it.

That is the blueprint that he used in Denver. Ironic that by letting him have so much influence it is probably going to cost Billy his job.

Oh well he should have known better; any Broncos fan could have warned him about McD. Heh...everyone else in the league knew it why didn't Billy and Spags?

WHAT SAY YE?

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I want him to stay... NOT!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Two words: HOUSE CLEANING.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Disappointing to see spags still has a job this morning. I guess Kroenke doesn't mind losing?

RKDfan is offline Registered User

NO! this guy is a great defensive coordinator, but not a good head coach. He does not take risks at all. And I believe he is the reason for the offensive struggles, not McDaniels. I'm pretty sure Spags interferes with the play-calling A LOT and thus, not allowing McD to be effective.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    You guys that are singing his praise on d......you know we are the worst against the run in the NFL, right?
    We're also 8th against the pass and tied for 5th in sacks. I thought our D held up pretty well today for about the first 30 minutes they were on the field. I think a lot of fans are aware we need help at DT and OLB, and that should help against the run. Or just putting points on the board will help against it too, and imagine where we'd be in sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    The H/C is fully responsible for all apsects of the teams' performance. Special, Offense, Defense and to some degree talent. IMO, and by record alone, spags has filed miserably.
    The Texans signed HC Gary Kubiak, a great offensive mind, in 2006. 2010 they had one of the worst Defense's in the league and finished 6-10. Fans were wanting him fired. Bring in Wade Phillips as DC and they are now having the single largest turnaround in a unit. If you just looked at his wins-losses, Kubiak should have been fired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast