Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Dockett calls out Incognito

This came from another forum:

Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett leveled some salvos at Rams center Richie Incognito in the visitors' locker room. "We played against a center that didn't play by any rules whatsoever," Dockett said. "He's out there trying to hurt some of our guys. Karma will deal with him. Trust me, I know all about it. We played well even though we had to play against an (expletive) who tried to hurt some players on our team." Incognito was flagged for unnecessary roughness, a 15-yard penalty, in the third quarter.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Dockett calls out Incognito

The more things change, the more they stay the same?

Weren't there some Denver players who were critical of Richie and his play as well?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow !!! I do like the intensity of a player on the field. I don't like hearing we have a dirty player on our team. This needs to be addressed immediately by LINEHAN...Time to get vocal coach.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

this doesnt surprise me

i wanted Incognito to be a tough, agressive player, but he is just turning into a thug

Country is offline Registered User

First of all this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Second, their is a fine line between intense and dirty and it is more of a judgement call then anything else. I am happy that we have an intense player on the field that is trying to get things done.

Until the league fines Richie for something dirty we can't assume that they are missing everything he does.

We need more intensity on the field, maybe Richie should play some DT too.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    First of all this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Second, their is a fine line between intense and dirty and it is more of a judgement call then anything else. I am happy that we have an intense player on the field that is trying to get things done.

Until the league fines Richie for something dirty we can't assume that they are missing everything he does.

We need more intensity on the field, maybe Richie should play some DT too.
    i agree with that, maybe this arizona player just didnt like Richie beating him down the whole game.the league is pretty tough on that stuff,if there was any truth to this they would watch film and then fine him for it,now that i said that here comes a fine.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

No matter if it's true or not, Cogs is getting a reputation for this which means the Refs will be watching him extra close.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

At least one of the lineman has some intensity. I am sure they would all like to play against offensive lineman that play nice. What a moron.

At least Cogs will not have a rep for being soft - like the Rams Teams of late have been labeled. Agreed there is a fine line - we don't want a thug. As I recall Conrad Dobler had a rep of being a nasty player - is he in the NFL HOF??

As I close, I am not putting Cogs on par with Dobler yet, I am just indicating that all bad news is not always bad.
    Last edited by AugustaRamFan; -12-05-2006 at 02:20 PM.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

He didn't stomp on anyone's head, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Maybe he is looking for an idenity. You know several players that play the line try to take on the "bad boy" image to hit pay day. It has worked for several people. Turley, is a good example.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Maybe he is looking for an idenity. You know several players that play the line try to take on the "bad boy" image to hit pay day. It has worked for several people. Turley, is a good example.
    Maybe, but I'm not sure if I agree with the Turley comparison. To me, Turley was always much more mouth than substance. I was very disappointed when the Rams signed him, As I always thought he was an idiot.

I'm not sure what's going on with Incognito, but this team has been sorely missing players with an attitude over the last few years, at any position. I'm not saying I'm condoning dirty play, but I think people are over reacting to his play lately. I'll admit I didn't see this week's game so I have no insight into his personal foul, but I know his last one was a result of him coming to Steven Jackson's aid after he was getting roughed up on a touchdown run. I will never fault a player for that type of personal foul.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Ahbatu Ujeema is offline Registered User

I like Thugs, if we had 5 Richie Incognito's on the Oline AND A DECENT DEFENSE we would be 12-0

This team has existed too long with soft people because no other team in the NFL fears the Rams as a matter of fact they welcome seeing us on their schedule.

We have no D, we have had a mixed up Oline for years, we have a HUGE RB that trys to HOP over people and gets tackled in the open field by even mediocre DBs

Last but not least we have a QB that seems to be wearing cement shoes and is one game above 500 in his entire career at St. Louis.

Dr. Defense is online now Registered User

I think it's something so plain and simple that we have all over looked. He is P.O. ed. He is sick of being the low peice on the totum pole. He is taking out his frustration in the game, so he is playing agressive. I think that's great, he just needs to learn where the line is and to make sure that he doesn't cross it.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The more things change, the more they stay the same?

Weren't there some Denver players who were critical of Richie and his play as well?
    Didn't he also have these problems in college?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahbatu Ujeema
    I like Thugs, if we had 5 Richie Incognito's on the Oline AND A DECENT DEFENSE we would be 12-0
    I hear what your saying, but I don't think we'd make it very far though all the undisciplined penalties that would occur with a bunch of thugs. Being tough and aggressive is great, but there has to be some self control and awareness with what the situation is. I loved what Incognito did to help Jackson, but in the end his actions hurt us big time. I really want to see him get a handle on things because I think he has the kind of ability and tenacity we need, but only if it's channeled correctly.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i wouldnt want a line off incognito's

15 yard unnecessary roughness penalties on each play? no thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast