Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Does anyone else see something wrong with this?

The St. Louis Rams have a strength of schedule of .488, i dont find it to bad, i know our first half of the season is where all the really hard games are but im fine with that. If we can beat a few of those teams then it;ll show we've gotten better and not just healed from injuries.

The Steelers have the hardest strength of schedule at .598 followed by the Colts whos opponents are at .594, pretty tough but there good teams and can handle it.

Now this is where i get confused.

The New England Cheatriots have strength of schedule of.............................Drum role please.................... .387

Even if you take away the two games vs. Miami theyd be at .433, which is the 2nd easiest behind the Chargers .422.

So i dont know, why does a team that is always in the playoffs, goes to superbowls, and wins them usually, and which was at the superbowl last year get the easiest schedule? The Giants are at .522 and they were there to.

i really just dont get it. I hope that when we play them this coming seaon we can stomp all over them and shove their strangth of schedule up there cheating ***holes.

2008 NFL Strength Of Schedule
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -04-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Does anyone else see something wrong with this?

I feel your pain.

Let me say this though.

The 10-6 wildcard New York Giants started clicking at the end of the 2007 season and won the whole enchilada.

Who would have predicted the Giants would win:

At Tampa Bay
    At Dallas
    At Green Bay

All Divison winners by the way and then beat the unbeaten to claim the crown.

Schedule smedule .......I say bring it ON!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

its really not the Patriots fault, listen I hate them as much as the next guy,but this schedule for the most part was set years ago,they play in a weak division and this is the year they play the NFC west,also a weak division.the Rams knew they were getting these teams on there schedule,thats just the way it is,granted the better teams are in the beginning but I think that will tell alot about this teams improvment.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

I'm not worried about strength of schedule, this is a new season so I don't care about what happened last year or any other previous years and which teams were good. Yea we have a hard schedule but I think we are really improving... But one thing the Rams need to do is win more divisional games... That's what really kills us.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm not stressing out too much. It's a new season. We need to show that we're a good team. Sure this isnt fair, but it's going to show that we're a good team if we win.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I dont mind our schedule at all, im just annoyed the cheatriots get the easiest schedule. It might not mean anything, it is a new year and things change, its just that its the cheatriots, i just cant stand them or anything about them.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, Tampa, I feel the pain too, but there's nothing we could do about it. Schedules have been mostly predetermined ever since 2002, when the NFL realigned into 8 divisions. 14 games of our schedule every year were set then, down to who plays where. The last two were set last year to match us with the fellow last place teams in the NFC South and NFC North.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Assuming there was any basis on the strength of schedule by last year's won/loss record, I would factor out the division games. Other than that though, the Super Bowl participants should be given the toughest schedule.