Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Does anyone else tear up...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Does anyone else tear up...

When highlights of the rams recent glory days (99-04) come you shed a tear and remember the good ole days...

What is your favorite rams memory?

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone else tear up...

Personally, I don't think too much about those days. I know it is hard not to since the Rams have been pretty abysmal since then, but I have been too concerned with this franchise going in the right direction to think about past directions. Luckily, since I am almost positive that we finally have the front office and coach to do it I guess I can take a minute to reflect on the good old days. The memory that stands out most for me, other than winning the Superbowl, was the 2001-2002 season when the Rams dominated the Packers in the playoffs both offensively and defensively. Watching Favre throw all those pick sixes was just a thing of beauty. Obviously, the season didn't turn out the way we all would have liked, but that had to be one of the better memories of those years.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Playoff vindication against the Vikings!

Thanks B4L.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I have a lot of good memories with the Rams during the"glory days." I love watching the high flying, "Greatest Show onTurf" with all the big plays such as Warner to Bruce in the Super Bowlthat put the Rams on top. However, I think that the most emotional, tear grabbinggame that I have watched in a long time just happened last year. Picture it;week 5, undefeated Arizona comes to town for the first prime time game that St.Louis has hosted in a long time. Nobody picked the Rams to win (except Faulk onthe pre-game) and the Rams came out and CRUSHED the Cards to the awful seasonthat they had. The 51 yard TD pass Bradford to Givens , all those sacks, 15Kolb knockdowns and just dominating the line of scrimmage..... It brought atear and made me proud to be a Rams fan again.
    Richbert88 likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

the rams won the superbowl when i was six, didn't pay attention much to football, but it was my dad's favorite team that was playing so i watched it with him, got hooked, loosely followed it
    then the rams magically showed up in the superbowl again against the patriots...i was crushed when they lost...but i did understand how good those rams were

got most of my favorite players ever from the gsot...

time for a new era to make more favorite players

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I live in the present not past. and look forward to the future. Go Rams 2013/14

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Damn straight! Every time I see Dick Vermeil say "we will rally around Kurrt Warner and we will play good football" I think of the glory days and what we were gifted with! They couldn't stop us. Just keep putting up points boys! 5 receivers open, someone has got to catch the ball! Whoo whoo!
    RealRam likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I live in the present not past. and look forward to the future. Go Rams 2013/14
    You can still reminisce while living in the present, and looking to the future.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It always seems strange to me, but yes, I usually get emotional watching clips and replays of the '99 season. I am such a passionate Rams fan, and that year was just so special, so exhilarating, and so fulfilling, I can't help letting it affect me.

I have the 3 DVD set with the '99 playoffs and Super Bowl, which I love to watch every now and then to relive that glorious past. It fuels my desire to see it happen again.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    The 1st 2 games of this past season made me tear up... Especially the Redskins game, becuase when times got tough we FOUGHT back instead of going into a shell and getting ran over and letting the game get out of hand. We showed that we have heart, we will play together, we will fight, and we CAN win!! I havent seen the rams play like that on all sides of the ball in maybe 10years!!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Gotta admit that I do tear up a bit when confronted with scene's of that '99 season. Might just happen only because I am empathetic to Dick Vermiel, and when he cries, I cry. TEARS OF JOY!! It also just might be due to memories of cashing in that 10$ 75:1 ticket in South Lake Tahoe. Although it most likely is just due to being talked out of the 40$ 200:1 bet I didn't make.
    Semper Fi!

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You can still reminisce while living in the present, and looking to the future.
    Great point, because I can't figure out why someone, unless they were asleep or wacked out during the GSOT days, would dis the GSOT. When was the last time a 'disser' saw two Rams WRs running side by side and at least 15 yards ahead of the defense talking with one another while on the way to the end-zone? Answer: when Bruce & Holt played! And since then: NEVER! LMAO
    RealRam likes this.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

I tear up when I remember how much we paid for Drew Bennett.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -03-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

True story- one which will undoubtedly have many of you question both my sanity and sense of proper perspective. In '99, I was filled with enthusiasm over the prospect of the Rams possibly having a good football team after a decade of futility. Marshall Faulk, Trent Green and others led me to believe things would be different. I was out on a date that one fateful Saturday night when I came home afterwards, sat down on the couch with my date, turned on the TV and heard the awful news about Trent Green. I was so despondent and pissed off, I asked my date to immediately leave. I never saw her again. The next morning, I saw Dick Vermiel's tearful proclamation of "playing good football" behind Kurt Warner. I'd be lying if I told you I was completely sold, but a strange feeling of calm came over me- and I truly believed all was not lost. After those first couple of wins, we dismantled SF- and that made me a believer. The rest is history.
    RealRam and r8rh8rmike like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Damn NJ ram talk about a loyalty to the Rams that you would toss out a woman !!! I dig that...

I can say my avatar pretty much sums up my favorite moment of that rams era. The reverend catching the 71 yard td bomb from Kurt Warner. That Super Bowl was one of the best days of my life...

Lets hope we all as rams fans will be able to experience that again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast