adarian_too is offline Registered User

Does anyone know if Archuleta is still pursuing that Plyometrics Training Program?

I pimped Archuleta last year in large part based on his participation in a unique training program - Schroeder's (sp?) Evo-Sport Plyometrics. I am just curious whether now that Arch is established in the NFL whether he still values that training program as much and whether that is still an intregal part of his preparation to get in football condition.

Anyone know current specifics?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know if Archuleta is still pursuing that Plyometrics Training Program?

If my memory serves me right, he was in Arizona this offseason training with Rich Coady using plyometrics.

Re: Does anyone know if Archuleta is still pursuing that Plyometrics Training Program?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    If my memory serves me right, he was in Arizona this offseason training with Rich Coady using plyometrics.
    If Arch were to add bulk similar to Williams along with that unique program I still think we have a potential man-beast on our hands.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone know if Archuleta is still pursuing that Plyometrics Training Program?

Don't count on Archuletta putting on bulk, he has worked his ass off to get up to the weight he is at.

If he stops this Plyometrics stuff, he'll drop down to like 165 and could be a jockey.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    If Arch were to add bulk similar to Williams along with that unique program I still think we have a potential man-beast on our hands.
    Williams is 200 lbs. Arch is 225 lbs. How much bigger do you want him to get? He's already the biggest DB we got. He's bigger than some of our LBs.

Unless of course, you were referring to the 300 lb Grant Williams. To add that kind of bulk might take a combination of plyometrics and whatever Jimmy Kennedy is eating. :tongue:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Williams is 200 lbs. Arch is 225 lbs. How much bigger do you want him to get? He's already the biggest DB we got. He's bigger than some of our LBs.
    I guess what I meant when I said "bulk similar to Williams" was a visual sense that muscles were distributed across the body in a way that conveyed an imposing figure. A picture of Williams in training camp form a week or two ago showed washboard abs and thick forearms. I've had the impression that Williams carries his weight around "more imposingly". Perhaps that is because Arch is taller and maybe has longer arms and torso making the distribution of weight an optical illusion.

rampete is offline Registered User

archuleta may never be more than just a solid role player if he doesn't improve on his tackling skills. did you guys notice the whiff he put on the bears fullback in the first half on that td pass play which was called back on a holding penalty?

i still have hopes that he will become a pro-bowl caliber player for the rams but what he really needs to improve on is his tackling skills...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I guess what I meant when I said "bulk similar to Williams" was a visual sense that muscles were distributed across the body in a way that conveyed an imposing figure. A picture of Williams in training camp form a week or two ago showed washboard abs and thick forearms. I've had the impression that Williams carries his weight around "more imposingly". Perhaps that is because Arch is taller and maybe has longer arms and torso making the distribution of weight an optical illusion.
    I think you're right. Arch appears a little more "limby" (is that a word?) than Aeneas. Personally, I think they make up the best Safety pair in football. Even better than the Seahawks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

JellyOpal is offline Registered User
    Macomb, IL home of Rams summer training camp

A couple of years ago, I met a chiropractor from Macomb that works on the Rams while they're in town at training camp. He said Archuleta is the one that brought plyometrics to the team. I doubt he'd abandon something that has worked so well for him and his team mates (it's definitely given Faulk a few more years). Anything that can reduce injuries and/or their longevity is a plus for anyone, but especially in the NFL.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Red face Re: Does anyone know if Archuleta is still pursuing that Plyometrics Training Program?

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    archuleta may never be more than just a solid role player if he doesn't improve on his tackling skills. did you guys notice the whiff he put on the bears fullback in the first half on that td pass play which was called back on a holding penalty?

i still have hopes that he will become a pro-bowl caliber player for the rams but what he really needs to improve on is his tackling skills...
    I think that's the last thing he needs to work on. Every player has a whiff every now and then. And I wouldn't worry about him working out to get a more toned and imposing body; I think his hits speak for themselves. Players like Thomas Jones, Michael Pittman, and David Boston are all built and buff, but you don't see them striking fear into many opponents' hearts.