Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?

Does anyone believe at this point that we are a playoff caliber team?

We are well below average on defense, our special teams are the worst in the nfl, our pass protection on grant williams side is like a sieve, and we continue to make mistake after mistake.

i have never been more wrong about my expectations for a rams team, even with the turley injury, which really really hurt us.

bottom line, we are a .500 team. we got thoroughly beat today by a better team, playing without their entire front line secondary. You cant pass if you cant protect.

Just a disgrace.

general counsel

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?

There is no DISGRACE....this team is simply a PRODUCT OF and a MIRROR IMAGE OF the HEAD COACH!! ZERO discipline. The word which sums the situation up is....PATHETIC!! Im just so glad he brought in 'good buddy' Larry Marmie. Ive said it repeatedly and Ill say it again...as long as RAIN MAN is the head coach of this team they will NEVER win a title. They were TOTALLY OUTCOACHED/OUT PREPARED today...PERIOD.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

i agree with both of you!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

You are a god Fargo. You are the man!! I am so glad you enlighten us each time with your posts and your positive impulses. You have been saying for 3 years that this team was nothing but a washed up sorry a$$ team because of a pampas unproductive coach. Your wisdom goes way beyond it's time and we are in a better place because each and everyone of your post does nothing but belittle a player, a coach, a poster or simply the game of football.

Thanks for your great knowledge and your productive input.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    There is no DISGRACE....this team is simply a PRODUCT OF and a MIRROR IMAGE OF the HEAD COACH!! ZERO discipline. The word which sums the situation up is....PATHETIC!! Im just so glad he brought in 'good buddy' Larry Marmie. Ive said it repeatedly and Ill say it again...as long as RAIN MAN is the head coach of this team they will NEVER win a title. They were TOTALLY OUTCOACHED/OUT PREPARED today...PERIOD.

With that all being said.

We have MAJOR problems and are not a play-off caliber team. Our defense is second rate, our o-line from top to bottom sucks. Our special teams still can't produce. The only real bright spots I see in this team are the things that people have been so critical about for the last couple of years. Our quarterback and our coach.

rampete is offline Registered User

come on men, it's not as bad as you may think...

the rams played competitively for almost one half, which is an improvement from the miami game...

marmie will be gone at the end of the season if the d continues to allow 35+ pts per game the rest of the way, which should please many ram fans...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

It's hard to imagine that the playoffs are in the future for the Rams after not being able to really take advantage of a very injured New England team at home.

The defense looks pretty bad, especially not being able to get off their blocks and make tackles. There were a number of runs where I saw the Rams miss tackles maybe two or three times per play. Not very encouraging. However, it was good to see the stripped ball by Lewis recovered by Leonard Little, and it looked as if we were getting some pretty decent pressure.

Offensively, the Rams really only ran the ball well whenever they'd set up the pass. Chris Dishman and Grant Williams are both liabilities on the offensive line. May as well put Tercero in for one of them and get the guy some experience. Bulger had an okay day. 69% comp. and 2 TDs, but the play where he was stripped was not great at all - neither was the throw that was tipped and picked. People will see the 12 rushes for 66 yards stat for Faulk and wonder why we didn't run more, but if you watched the game, you know the answer. The double fake pump-play-action to Manu was a great play call, though.

Special teams. Well, not very special. McDonald had a bad day with the fumble, coverage was poor. Was Trev Faulk still playing on kickoff coverages despite being the starting MLB?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This team might still make the playoffs this year. Heck, a win next week and they are back in first place in the division.

But unless a lot of things improve... which seems unlikely... this team is not a contender.

moklerman is offline Registered User

The only real bright spots I see in this team are the things that people have been so critical about for the last couple of years. Our quarterback and our coach.
    Martz was a bright spot for you today? What the hell kind of low expectations do you have in a head coach.

As far as the Rams winning against Seattle next week you might not want to hold your breath until that happens. Holmgren has learned his lesson and is now pounding Shawn Alexendar which is bad, bad news for our two-hand touch defense. Alexander should approach 200 yards and 3 td's next week.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Martz was a bright spot for you today? What the hell kind of low expectations do you have in a head coach.
    The only really bad coaching decision I saw Martz make today that I can remember was toward the end when they decided not to take the timeout in the red zone but then couldn't get the play in and lined up in time and had to take a timeout. Although you can argue that he probably didn't have the team as prepared as they needed to be, which wasn't a specific play but rather a broader criticism.

You have to admit, the pump fake play action pass to Manu was a great play call.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Does anyone believe at this point that we are a playoff caliber team?
    They might limp into the playoffs, but I don't see them getting very far this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I can see us winning the division but I do forsee an early exit to the playoffs. Way too many problems on defense to come anywhere close to the big prize.

vicdan is offline Registered User

Hi Everybody:

I as usual don't have too much time to post but be sure i'm always reading all, but today I'm so upset that I made room for write a post, I just don't see us at playoffs, plain and simple and I honestly wouldn't like it, because There's no defense nothing line, all bad just LL is good, Linebackers very very bad too, and the backs are bad also and I'm not writing this because I'm upset this has been all the season, and the O line well said enough, I think as you say we need to draft a RT, then a linebacker,cornerback and I don't know just made some free agent moves on defense because well the defense is just a crap oh and get another defensive coordinator, I think about the front four that just leonard little is a very good player, the others are average, or busts, the linebacker's pisa has disappointed me a lot and thomas also, I think polley is the better out of the three but not great also, and the backs well archuleta is very bad just flashes but very bad at covering, coady should be out, fisher and butler are just third cornerbacks, aeneas is the best at his age.

Williams should be out in the bench, we just need to draft the best Tackle and I don't know made some moves on free agency and get some people on defense or draft them.
    vicdan

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Wink Re: Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    With that all being said.

The only real bright spots I see in this team are the things that people have been so critical about for the last couple of years. Our quarterback and our coach.
    Yes indeed! A spectacular performance by our esteemed leader - Mr. Martz. With his inspired leadership we will be drafting very early for the next few years. Maybe he will draft some more first round defensive tackles!! What a joke, the comment and the coach!

What the hell did Martz do??? Did he go out and block the right side or fumble the ball or play like **** on defense or not come to play special teams. The only bright spot on this team is the end the ball that Martz coaches. You people that blame Martz for all our problems are going to have a rude frikking awaking when the guy is gone. If it wasn't for Martz we wouldn't even be in any frikking game. Find another scape-goat.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman

As far as the Rams winning against Seattle next week you might not want to hold your breath until that happens. Holmgren has learned his lesson and is now pounding Shawn Alexendar which is bad, bad news for our two-hand touch defense. Alexander should approach 200 yards and 3 td's next week.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast