Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?

Oh don't give me that Yo....you know better than that.

Trout had his moments but all in all he was way to personal. If you had been a moderator for as long as I have and received all the emails about him, you would have banned him also.

Now, back to our daily Martz bashing.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    You know as well as I that only a certain select few are allowed to stir the pot without repercussions.
    SHUT UP OR I'LL BAN YOU!!!!!!!

Oh, wait a minute... I don't have the power to ban anyone. Only Dez can do that.

So what are you talking about?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I don't think interesting is the way I'd describe it.
    How about belligerent.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Oh don't give me that Yo....you know better than that.
    Just trying to stir the pot and see if there are any repercussions! :redface:
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

RealRam is offline Registered User

Sorry to interrupt here but...

By the way, my bringing up Jim Mora's exasperate "Playoffs?!? -- Playoffs!?!" crack about the losing Colts of then was only a casual reference of wit.

I would definitely NOT count the Rams out yet, despite their overall performance ... i.e., not being very encouraging at this point.

Go Rams... :redface:

PandaRam is offline Registered User

Let me be the first to say THE RAMS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!, not only that but THEY WILL GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER, and THEY WILL WIN AT LEAST ONE PLAYOFF GAME. Call me Crazy now if u want, but you'll all be telling me how I was right, when this season is over. I don't mean to sound like a Prick but SOME OF U GUYZ SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO CALL YOURSELF RAMS FANS. Just because the team is playing poorly now, doesn't make it right to question their ability at all. Especially since we all know what there capable of when they put their mind to it (The '99 season/The Crazy Seahawks Comeback to name a couple) Heck if we win the next game most ppl will be hoping back on the bandwagon. Stop doubting them, its only half way through the season. THE RAMS ARE STILL THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF! They deserve the greatest fans!
    :ramlogo: GO RAMS GO! I'm saying Loud and Proud up here in Vancouver B.C, Canada (just north of Seattle) This city is Hawks town rite now... but im workin hard to make it Pro-Rams! :ramlogo:

ram3057 is offline Registered User

I know that I have been gone for awhile (started a new job), but I am still trying to get my mojo working for the team.

Having a kicker throw a touchdown pass is really inexcusable.

Why does it seem that we always get fantastic running backs, but no really good defensive linemen? Little has been the only bright spot. And, Tyoka is good - when he's in there.

Doesn't anyone in the RAMS front office realize that defense is key. Sometimes I feel like putting on my jersey and getting on the field. The backs are just too small.

Whatever it takes - for the RAMS to get back to playoff contention - they are going to need to start spending some money.

They really need to get after Seattle next week, or Martz will definitely be on the hot seat.
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good to see you again, 3057.

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

The way the NFC is...I think the loser of Sunday's game will be the wild card winner this year.

So yes I believe you guys are a playoff team.

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    It's not about whether or not I like the way you say them. But you're defining an inconsistent loser as someone with a pretty good winning percentage. If Martz is an inconsistent loser, I'd like to see your idea of a consistent winner.
    Unlike you and other Martz supporters, I don't give full credit to Martz for the past few years. I equate him with Barry Switzer who inherited a championship caliber team and simply rode the coattails to success. Although, unlike Switzer, Martz was unable to bring home a trophy.
    His high winning percentage is more a testament to Vermeil and Warner and some of the other quality veterans that have since departed. My opinion remains - Martz will soon be fired for being an inconsistent LOSER. No need for me to point out his many failings and faults as a head coach. You know them as well as I do.

elAcky Guest

Martz is not a loser as his record indicates.. but he does like to surround himself with losers

elAcky Guest

Are we a playoff team... with a defense ranked 28th clearly not... however, we don't need a top 10 defense to make the playoffs.

interesting to see how we react this week

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    Unlike you and other Martz supporters, I don't give full credit to Martz for the past few years. I equate him with Barry Switzer who inherited a championship caliber team and simply rode the coattails to success. Although, unlike Switzer, Martz was unable to bring home a trophy.
    His high winning percentage is more a testament to Vermeil and Warner and some of the other quality veterans that have since departed. My opinion remains - Martz will soon be fired for being an inconsistent LOSER. No need for me to point out his many failings and faults as a head coach. You know them as well as I do.
    Rebel, MARTZ DID NOT INHERIT ANYTHING HE DIDN'T HELP CREATE. Who do you think is responsible for Marshall Faulk? Who was a rookie WR (trick question here) when Martz was a coach? Who installed the offense that you probably went bonkers over when the Rams were known as GSOT? MARTZ. Not Vermeil. Look up Vermeil's record pre-Martz and then let me know what you think.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Rebel, MARTZ DID NOT INHERIT ANYTHING HE DIDN'T HELP CREATE. Who do you think is responsible for Marshall Faulk? Who was a rookie WR (trick question here) when Martz was a coach? Who installed the offense that you probably went bonkers over when the Rams were known as GSOT? MARTZ. Not Vermeil. Look up Vermeil's record pre-Martz and then let me know what you think.
    I thought we had already silenced this misconception that Martz "inherited" this team. Haven't we already talked about how Vermeil wanted to stick with Banks, and it was actually Martz who wanted to go get Warner? How about the fact that Vermeil didn't get along with Bruce and it was Martz who actually kept Bruce on the roster when Vermeil was ready to launch him for draft picks?

The truth is success has followed Martz. We know what he's done as a HC, one of the best records over the past 4.5 seasons. And we know what he did as the OC in '99. His offense generated 526 points, 83 points more than the 2nd best offense in the league. That's nearly a TD per game better than the 2nd best offense. But before that he was the Redskins QB coach. While there, he guided Gus Frerotte to his most productive season (19 TDs in '97) and he led Trent Green to his break-out year in '98 (3441 yards, 25 TDs). Of course, before that he was with the Rams as WR coach. Of Isaac Bruce's 3 most productive seasons in his HOF career, 2 of them came while Martz was his position coach. But not just Bruce, but even mediocre & obscure receivers that couldn't produce elsewhere had their best seasons with Martz as their position coach. Guys like Todd Kichen, Alexander Wright, Eddie Kennison, Sean LaChapelle, & Jermaine Ross all had their best moments with Martz as WR coach.

I know when things aren't going right people look for scapegoats, but those that are barking at Martz are barking up the wrong tree. The facts don't lie, Martz has been successful.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I know when things aren't going right people look for scapegoats, but those that are barking at Martz are barking up the wrong tree. The facts don't lie, Martz has been successful.
    You are right. He was successful. And just like players, when they stop performing at the level we are used to seeing them at, it is time for them to go.
    This space for rent...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast