Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?

Rams won today on both sides of theball today. What more do you want?

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

rebel13 Guest

Yeah, nothing insulting about that.[/QUOTE]

This was my response to a quote that was written to me. I'm not interested if you feel insulted. I doubt that the response could be directed to you. However, if the shoe fits.....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    I'm not interested if you feel insulted.
    Neither am I, which is why I probably haven't mentioned being personally insulted.

Nice attempt at a dodge, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Does anyone still believe we are a playoff team?
    Yes, I can now say I'm very confident that we'll make the playoffs, and are capable of doing some damage when we get there.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

If you honestly think that it was KW that made Marshall so great than there is really nothing to say. Marshall was great in High School w/o KW. Marshall was great at S.D W/O KW. Marshall was great in indianapolis W/O KW. Only when he got to the Rams he really needed help, good thing KW was there for Marshall. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Kw was great but how did his hand off's to Marshall make Faulk better. Marshall will be in the HOF something that Kurt unfortuanatley has not secured yet(I do think he should be in the HOF). You could criticize me for saying Marshall helped KW more than KW helped Faulk ,you could also criticize every body that has ever watched football in that case, cause we all see it. I will guarantee that Kurt would tell you that having Marshall around made his job easier. Every player that plays with Marshall talks how he makes the whole team better. He has started to decline in his skill level as the injuries and age have set in. How many 30 something RB's are what they used to be? Very Few is the correct answer.

You wanna take this to the gutter we can it is not hard. You wanna question my intelligence with pety insults fine you are only proving my point more by not having a rebuttal for my statements. Show some facts on the subject that KW made Marshall better.

A legitimate question for you man. Are you a Rams fan first or a Giants fan?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Marshall's success attributed to Kurt? No way! I think Marshall's poor performance toward the end of KW's career here was caused by Warner. He never could hand off right after that thumb injury. :redface:

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    If you honestly think that it was KW that made Marshall so great than there is really nothing to say. Marshall was great in High School w/o KW. Marshall was great at S.D W/O KW. Marshall was great in indianapolis W/O KW. Only when he got to the Rams he really needed help, good thing KW was there for Marshall. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Kw was great but how did his hand off's to Marshall make Faulk better. Marshall will be in the HOF something that Kurt unfortuanatley has not secured yet(I do think he should be in the HOF). You could criticize me for saying Marshall helped KW more than KW helped Faulk ,you could also criticize every body that has ever watched football in that case, cause we all see it. I will guarantee that Kurt would tell you that having Marshall around made his job easier. Every player that plays with Marshall talks how he makes the whole team better. He has started to decline in his skill level as the injuries and age have set in. How many 30 something RB's are what they used to be? Very Few is the correct answer.

You wanna take this to the gutter we can it is not hard. You wanna question my intelligence with pety insults fine you are only proving my point more by not having a rebuttal for my statements. Show some facts on the subject that KW made Marshall better.

A legitimate question for you man. Are you a Rams fan first or a Giants fan?
    LaRamsFanLongTime, most of said post was brilliant!

When you take it to the gutter can I watch :redface: LOL
    His insults are not justified but we consider the source so ... chill, in Cali, you lucky dude!

PS how's the surf in Newport?
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Does anyone believe at this point that we are a playoff caliber team?
    To answer GC's question: Yes I think we will make it to the playoffs if sMARTZ can continue to inspire the team (DO HIS JOB!) like he did last week in practice and perform to the level of yesterday's play.

As always I hope for the best and prepare for the worst as this season has been a real rollercoaster ride.

Anything is better than most of the nineties :redface:

Marshall and Bulger were awesome and the D-fence too!

But there are too many games to prove ourselves so it is no time to be ****y or revert to the placid staid play like in most of our losses
    Last edited by fearlessone; -11-15-2004 at 12:20 PM.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We are definately a playoff team. Just keep winning. We beat a good Seattle team twice. Buffalo won't be a pushover and neither will the Packers, but they aren't guaranteed losses either.

thoey is offline Registered User

I think it depends on which team shows up. We have shown ourselves to be a "Sybil" team. I just hope the desire to be the best drives them to play the rest of the games like they did the end of Seattle game #1 and the beginning of game #2.

Anything like the Miami or Pats games and we may as well start rebuilding now.
    This space for rent...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    I think it depends on which team shows up. We have shown ourselves to be a "Sybil" team.
    What I liken the season to so far is a slide show that was prepared showing the Rams season unfold. It starts with a team with serious question marks regarding the front lines on both sides to a team that played sloppily at times and without passion or preparation and discipline. Gradually the lines would come together. Along the way TOs would start picking up and mistakes would begin to subside. Ultimately the team would peak at the end of the year and be playing its best ball at playoff time.

But someone dropped the carousel of slides. Apparently the slides were not numbered. Because now we have a relatively error free game without sacks followed by a game with atrocious blocking followed by a game with an offensive explosion followed by ... well you get the idea. The slides are out of sequence. Since there are at least 7 more games I'm not going to speculate how this is going to turn out but schizophrenia certainly is a defining characteristic of this year's team.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567