Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Does anyone still want to call for a new coach

Does anyone still want to call for a new coach and staff and start over? Why 5-6 years in the playoffs… The Rams are going through a transition for sure, but much like the hated ***** of the 80’s and 90’ when you think its over now and they will have to rebuild from the bottom it never happen. That I think is the key for the Rams and Marts, if this is as bad as we get wow. There is nothing like getting to the playoffs and winning a game. If you don’t believe me just ask all the other teams that are at home right now watching and wishing. I still think Martz is the best coach we have ever had, most coaches will drive you nuts as you watch, but not many can make a call on 3rd and short and cash it in with a game winning call. Just ask SD fans as they went with convention and settled for the FG and missed and then lost.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Does anyone still want to call for a new coach

Never did and never will.

There are a few people though I would like to hear an answer from.

the big problem is the St Louis media ............ they are the ones with no faith and are stirring up the fans.

Lets get them :tough:

majorram is offline Registered User

I never wanted a change..... how could you take a guy that has taken our Rams to the post season 4 out of 5 seasons....and then get rid of him....I agree the press stir things up.......there be on Martz side now... you watch!!!

steve :ramlogo:

RealRam is offline Registered User

No, Rambos. I certainly don't! How many times has our HC been clobbered and criticized.

Funny how it seems foolish to even think that right now, ey? To "call for a new Coach". :bored:

Why, even the St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnists are taking a respite from their usual repertoire.

After yesterday's 3rd defeat of the Seahawks, twice in their house, B. Burwall writes:

"But perhaps most of all, they're 1-0 in the postseason because of an embattled head coach named Mike Martz who keeps finding ways to resurrect his feisty team.

"'I guess this must mean we have a good coach, huh?" said wide receiver Isaac Bruce as he sat in a quiet corner of the raucous Rams locker room.'"

Marshall Faulk, after beating the Jets at home during the last regular season game said, "Hopefully we get to keep our head coach with making the playoffs. We are pretty confident that he is going to be around. Management has done a pretty good job setting (straight) whoever it was that decided to spread the rumors around."

May we keep up the good work. GO RAMS!

PTHOR is offline Registered User

I'm not in St'Louis!

Martz tried the same play previously and failed! It put the team in jeapardy. 3rd and two and he throws to the endzone rather than run once or twice and get a gimme first down inside the 7 He FAILED. He tries it again with Bulger to Cleeland, squeeks one in by the hair of his sack and he's a hero, go figure?

It was pure luck that Bulger didn't have at least 2 more INT's while trying to force throws that should have been running plays. Stupid calls- That led us to an 8-8 season with the most talent around!

But the huge talent our team posseses pulled it off anyway, this time- thanks to them.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Heee-hee-heeeeee!

woodyramfan1 is offline Registered User

Yes I still believe we need a new Head Coach. Martz is a great offensive coordinator but he cannot manage the game well enough as a Head Coach. And a win against a team such as Seattle who has all sorts of internal problems and a head coach who is constantly outfoxxed by Martz is not enough reason for me to change my mind. Lets see how he does against some real competition. If he is able to beat Phillie (although Phillie might be out of sync by not playing their starters for 3 full games plus an off week) then I may change my mind about our Illustrious Head Coach.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]woodyramfan1

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Right now the team is on a roll with some help! But Martz has been out there in the last few years and I question a lot of his playcalling . But I think his MEDS have kicked in! Let's ride lady luck and see where we end up!He'll be back next year .....REGARDLESS!!!! :tough:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Rambos is offline Registered User

woodyramfan1

I think we won yesterday so he did beat a team like the hawks and he has already beat Philly in a playoff game. I say if he is my stockbroker I don’t want to know the day to day trading, but at the end of the year 4-5 playoffs and a SB. As far as the talent he is part the FO that finds it and grooms it, just take a look at Marc. Mart’s is a great QB coach as well. As far as the call that did not work in the past and the gimme first, Martz saw a great opportunity to get the TD. So we run and get the first, still does not mean we get into the end zone. If we settle for FG we lose. I still don’t get it 5-6 year in the playoff and a great winning percentage and not to mention it’s fun to watch!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PTHOR
    Stupid calls- That led us to an 8-8 season with the most talent around!

But the huge talent our team posseses pulled it off anyway, this time- thanks to them.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Earlier, I didn't think we needed a new head coach, and I don't think we need one now. But I still think we need to make some changes in the way the team is run over the offseason.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Martz usually either makes you wish you had a different head coach, or leaves you thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately there seems to be no middle ground with him.

I'm hoping that when this season is over and all the turmoil is put behind us (a Super Bowl would be nice ) he really takes a good look at what his strengths and weaknesses as a head coach are. I'm hoping he can delegate his weaknesses to someone else who's more capable and focus on his strengths. I think then he can truelly become a great head coach.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

JCRamFan is offline Registered User

I absolutely think that the Rams need a new head coach, I think Martz is a great offensive coordinator but without someone to keep him in check, he makes some incredibly stupid calls. Besides the fact that he has said that he does not even pay attention to what the defense is doing because he is too busy thinking about the nest play to call on offense, that to me says that he should just go back to being the Offensive coach and leave the leading of the team to someone who will be concerned about the entire team. I will always root for the Rams regardless of who is the Head Coach but I think my lifespan would be longer if Martz was replaced.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Martz called a good game against Seattle, but he is not off the hook with me. I reserve the right to criticize his play calling, game management, player relations, and PR skills at anytime.

I have not called for Martz to be replaced in the past, but I have questioned some of his decisions and I will do so in the future. This 8-8 season has been difficult to watch.

At the moment the Rams are looking very hungry, motivated and together, and Martz seems to be in the grove with his game planning and player motivational skills. Right now we need Martz and we need him at his best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yodude is offline Registered User

Right on the money, UtterBlitz!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast