Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Really? Would Anaheim really accept another team with the name 'Los Angeles' after they spent millions of dollars to keep the Angels from switching to that name? And when the team was in Anaheim didn't it consistently have some of the worst attendance in the league? I'm not sure that's a viable option.
    They wouldn't be going back to Anehiem. They would be going to the Coliseum.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aff15loader View Post
    many years in LA= No super bowl
    less than 10 years in STL= Super bowl
    well we can't win all the battles STL is still a baseball town. When the rams are set up to not make it in the post season and problems with players, there isn't much to go and see..although I went tonight. There were a lot of bears fans there but I have seen worse in other sports.. I mean when Chicago has the bears and they are doing well of course they want to see them. When I talked to some fans a lot of them went because 1. It was a semi-close drive 2. it is pretty hard to get into games at soldier field from what I have heard. When I went to KC to see the cards v the royals there was nothing but red in the crowd with blue speckles here and there...it was not that bad tonight but the bears fans that came were not old and there to make noise and party.
    You Just showed how much you know about the history of the Rams. They went to the Super Bowl in 1979. And made it to Several Championship games in the 80s in fact the Rams were one of the most solid teams in the 80s had the ****** not been as good we would would have made it to the Super Bowl at least once, except for the year the Bears destroyed us in the Championship game in 85.

Learn your history if you're going to quote facts.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    You Just showed how much you know about the history of the Rams. They went to the Super Bowl in 1979. And made it to Several Championship games in the 80s in fact the Rams were one of the most solid teams in the 80s had the ****** not been as good we would would have made it to the Super Bowl at least once, except for the year the Bears destroyed us in the Championship game in 85.

Learn your history if you're going to quote facts.

I just did Quote facts...
    while in LA = No super bowl
    STL= Super bowl
    I dont think I have to break it down any further..but I could try to draw a stick figure picture for you to convey the point.
    and almost winning the super bowl is like getting laid by an ugly fat chick..nothing to brag about.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Mark my words people. I can almost guarantee that she's going to make a move back to the L.A. market.
    I guarantee that in 10 years the Rams will still be in St. Louis. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but they aren't moving back. They have sold out every game since they have been in St. Louis, and that translates into money.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I guarantee that in 10 years the Rams will still be in St. Louis. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but they aren't moving back. They have sold out every game since they have been in St. Louis, and that translates into money.
    Very true..too bad it is all about money and all that money does not translate into wins and big players...
    Wait, I take that back if it did end up that way no doubt a Yankee like team would throw its money around and win too many titles!
    Now thats why I like the NFL.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    im a die hard los angeles rams fan and i made the trip all the way from so cal to watch this game tonight and there were more bears fans there than rams fans... what a way to be introduced to the EJD... The crowd doesn't know if they should cheer or booo... By far the worst fans in the league.. i went to many games when the rams were in LA and it was never that bad.... Just pathetic, THE PEOPLE IN STL. DOESN'T DESERVE A FOOTBALL TEAM PERIOD..
    You go to one game and determine that St Louis doesnt deserve a football team? Then you go on to say that they are the worst fans in the league? Oh brother.

St Louis is a baseball city. But there are plenty of football fans too. The excitement isnt as high right now because things arent going great. I think you should stick by your team no matter what, but there will always be less people in attendance when the team is in a slide.

You just happened to visit when the bears (who are doing well of course) are in town and Chicago fans ALWAYS come down to St. Louis for games. It doesnt matter if it is baseball, hockey OR football.

I might as well stick in my 2 cents

NO, they might have "sold out" since 95 but thats on paper.
    That dome has not been full since 02. The fans are just not behind them.

Look at the Chiefs, a sold out stadium that really sells out.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    You go to one game and determine that St Louis doesnt deserve a football team? Then you go on to say that they are the worst fans in the league? Oh brother.

St Louis is a baseball city. But there are plenty of football fans too. The excitement isnt as high right now because things arent going great. I think you should stick by your team no matter what, but there will always be less people in attendance when the team is in a slide.

You just happened to visit when the bears (who are doing well of course) are in town and Chicago fans ALWAYS come down to St. Louis for games. It doesnt matter if it is baseball, hockey OR football.
    That's a good point, it's only like a 3 hour drive from Chicago to St. Louis and from what I hear Soldier Field is a tough ticket. And with the Bears doing so well this season that adds to it. I've been to several games where the away team outnumber the home team. A Red Sox Braves games comes to mind over the summer. Also, it just happened on Sunday Night Football. If the Saints fans didn't outnumber the Cowboys fans, it sure looked like it.

That being said, there is still no excuse for it ever happening. How about instead of people selling their tickets to opposing fans, they try to find some people who would love to support their Rams, but can't afford it. I think this could be remedied by some kind of program where season ticket holders can sell their tickets to less fortunate fans for a lower price.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

NO, they might have "sold out" since 95 but thats on paper.
    But to the executives who actually make these decisions, "on paper" is the only place that counts.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Brothers and sisters, we're asking the wrong question. It's not "does the city deserve the team", but rather "does the team deserve the city"?

We, the fans, are the customers. We are the ones who are to deem whether or not a team is worthy. We make that decision everytime we watch a game, be it televised or live, buy merchandise, read the media's take on the team, etc.

I too am disgusted with the Dome fans, but it wouldn't be different anywhere else. When teams win, their fans are loud. When teams lose, the fans disappear. That's just human nature and it's universal regardless of the city.

We can complain about the city, whether it's now in St. Louis or SoCal in the past, but the end result is still the same. The team will be wherever the owner wants it to be, which is usually where money is made. And if a dome is selling out, though the seats are filled with opposing fans, air, or listless home fans, according to the bean counters....it's still a sell-out.

But all of this misses the true point. I reiterate....it's up to the team to deserve us (Ram fans regardless of geography), not the other way around.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I have been to many games at the Dome. The atmosphere outside and inside the Dome has always been Ram infested. Parties going on outside lead by a band dressed in Rams jerseys, pumping up the crowd. There's always a real buzz....in more ways than one. There are also always fans from the opposing team there. So What!

Being from Patriot country and witnessing their fan reaction vs. the St Louis crowds it's like comparing apples to oranges. The St Louis supporters are much more laid back and alot less aggressive. I wouldn't want it anyother way.
    The Dome is a beautiful facility compared to all of the stadiums I've been to.
    So I say "YES".

ST. LOUIS RAMS

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Brothers and sisters, we're asking the wrong question. It's not "does the city deserve the team", but rather "does the team deserve the city"?

We, the fans, are the customers. We are the ones who are to deem whether or not a team is worthy. We make that decision everytime we watch a game, be it televised or live, buy merchandise, read the media's take on the team, etc.

I too am disgusted with the Dome fans, but it wouldn't be different anywhere else. When teams win, their fans are loud. When teams lose, the fans disappear. That's just human nature and it's universal regardless of the city.

We can complain about the city, whether it's now in St. Louis or SoCal in the past, but the end result is still the same. The team will be wherever the owner wants it to be, which is usually where money is made. And if a dome is selling out, though the seats are filled with opposing fans, air, or listless home fans, according to the bean counters....it's still a sell-out.

But all of this misses the true point. I reiterate....it's up to the team to deserve us (Ram fans regardless of geography), not the other way around.
    That's a good point. Though, its hard not to be jealous of cities like Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City and others that seem to support their teams through thick and thin.

I'm a little more calm than when I started this thread, but I still don't have the answer. I just hope that things turn around next year so that the only loud cheers we hear at the EJD are for the Rams.

steve8714 is offline Registered User

This is an irrelevant question. Will the area support the team financially? Yes. Would G. Frontiere move for more money? Yes. Would the NFL allow it, or would she have the inclination to sue? This is unknowable. The team has many problems, chief among them an inability to draft good players for the lines, and an office atmosphere which lends itself to intrigues. John Shaw's laizzes-faire approach to team management while underlings attempt to build empires is unjustifiable.
    Like the Blues, the Rams have squandered the city's goodwill and must now take steps to regain it. Firing or demoting Jay Zigmunt would be a good first step.

GSOT is offline Registered User

The Rams are pretty new to saint louis considering... They have sold out every game snice they ahve been here. To say Saint Louis doesn't deserve a team is rediculous. This season has been the worst for fan support in many years but that doesnt mean the city doesn't deserve the team...

GSOT is offline Registered User

Many other cities in the NFL need to look at their fan support way before the Rams do.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast