Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

I'm not exactly sure how team revenues break down, but I'd imagine that revenues from TV in a large market like LA are prob. much higher. Being a large market team also bodes well for merchandising. I was super disappointed with St. Louis Rams fans last night. Calling it pathetic would be letting them off easy. :x

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how team revenues break down, but I'd imagine that revenues from TV in a large market like LA are prob. much higher. Being a large market team also bodes well for merchandising. I was super disappointed with St. Louis Rams fans last night. Calling it pathetic would be letting them off easy. :x
    Is that to say, the Rams came to St. Louis for LESS money?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Its not like the Rams have been losing for ten years, they have made the playoff a few times in the last ten years. I can't understand the fan base, where did they go and why so fast. Did the fans want Martz to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If I remember correctly, they left because they couldn't get the stadium deal they wanted. LA is pretty hungry for a team. They'd prob. get some pretty good offers now.

edickerson29 is offline Registered User

I to have been a long time RAMS FAN (27years) and I can tell u this St. louis is a baseball town and they only suport the Rams when there on top. I live in MA and i go to a game once a year and this year I was at the KC game and it was SAD! In my eye's the City Doesn't Deserve an NFL team and I dream of the day the RAMS go back home to LA.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I was at the game last night and it was embarassing. The reason why the Rams fans weren't loud...there were more Bears fans. Pathetic.

The problem with the Rams in St. Louis is the EJ Dome. Football is meant to be played outdoors, not in the confines of a building that's almost as dark and dreary as a mortuary.

Right now the Dome is filled with corporates who could care less if the Rams win or not. They want to flash their status by buying up seats. They sit with their greasy slicked back hair and ties and talk about anything other than Rams football. Where the hell are the real Rams fans?

At home, watching on TV wishing they could be there, but couldn't afford to because these corporate slime balls have snatched up the tickets or sold them to Bears fans.

I was walking from my parking garage behind a foursome of suits. Two men and women walking slowly in their business attire shooting the breeze about the game. What do I hear them say?

"If I fall asleep here it's your fault."

Give the damn ticket to someone who cares about the game! This is the type of person that fills the Dome right now. It makes me sick!

Do you think these types will fill an outdoor stadium on a rainy Monday night? No way. Don't want to mess up their suits and expensive hair-dos. Do you think these types will buy tickets to a Rams game knowing it very well could be below freezing on a Sunday morning? No way!

Rip the roof off the Dome!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well lets put it this way...if the Rams go back to LA, that'd be cool and all, but frankly, I don't care where the Rams are. I am a RAMS fan, not because of where they are or anything like that. Wherever they may be, whatever town, I'll still be a fan. It'd be cool to have the LA team back though...But I don't mind St. Louis AT ALL. And the fans thing....why would they wanna go to the game!? We let the bears re-write history on MNF on our "home" turf...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

GSOT is offline Registered User

You LA people are pathetic... Looking for every little excuse to send OUR Saint Louis Rams back to the hell hole known as LA. Maybe if you supported the Rams when they were there they would have never moved... 11 straight years of sell outs with 2 bad years of fan attendence mixed in does not mean the team is moving.
    Last edited by GSOT; -12-12-2006 at 02:15 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    You LA people are pathetic... Looking for every little excuse to send OUR Saint Louis Rams back to the hell hole known as LA. Maybe if you supported the Rams when they were there they would have never moved... 11 straight years of sell outs with 2 bad years of fan attendence mixed in does not mean the team is moving.
    So this is where we've come to? St. Louis vs. LA? LA didn't deserve the Rams after the last several years in Anaheim and St. Louis is quickly approaching that same status.

I have no problem with the team staying in St. Louis, but if home games in the EJD continue to become home games for the opposition, the Rams deserve better.

GSOT is offline Registered User

So I guess Dallas doesn't deserve the Cowboys?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If I remember correctly, they left because they couldn't get the stadium deal they wanted. LA is pretty hungry for a team. They'd prob. get some pretty good offers now.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    So I guess Dallas doesn't deserve the Cowboys?
    Why? Do they let opposing fans come into their house, take over Texas Stadium and turn home games into an advantage for the visiting team? Do the Cowboys have to go to a silent count on offense because the visiting fans are making so much noise? Think about it.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Why? Do they let opposing fans come into their house, take over Texas Stadium and turn home games into an advantage for the visiting team? Do the Cowboys have to go to a silent count on offense because the visiting fans are making so much noise? Think about it.
    Yes, it happened Sunday night against the Saints. When I first turned on the game I thought it was a home game for NO. Then I realized it was in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Yes, it happened Sunday night against the Saints. When I first turned on the game I thought it was a home game for NO. Then I realized it was in Dallas.
    I disagree. Saints fans made their presence known in Dallas, but they hardly took control of Texas Stadium the way Bears fans took control of the EJD last night in St. Louis. Not even comparable.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

st. louis or los angeles,who the hell the would want them the way they are playing now and what the hell does this have to do with getting a pass rush and covering a kickoff, which are the real reasons we lost,not the fans or lack of.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast