Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    You LA people are pathetic... Looking for every little excuse to send OUR Saint Louis Rams back to the hell hole known as LA. Maybe if you supported the Rams when they were there they would have never moved... 11 straight years of sell outs with 2 bad years of fan attendence mixed in does not mean the team is moving.
    Excuse me? "Every little excuse?" "Hell hole known as LA"? "If we supported the Rams when they were here?"

Oh, you mean like STL supported the football Cardinals?

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I KNOW what I saw and heard last night. Hell, we had as many LA/Anaheim Ram fans at the San Diego game, and this is after the team left over 10 years ago!

Yeah, and everyone wants to move to Misery, I mean, Missouri, and nobody wants to live in So. Cal. because it's a "hell hole". What a joke. I'm hearing and reading a LOT of feedback from St. Louis/Missouri residents that say they really don't care about the Rams, and they're a "baseball town", and so on and so on. What? You can't focus your attention and time to more than one sport, or event at a time? You all have ADD? You too busy shoveling snow? What?

We find a way to support the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, and even the Clippers, and will gladly support the Rams again. By the way, I'm hearing that there is discussion going on right now about some property in Santa Ana, to build an NFL stadium. It would be a great place to build a new, outdoor stadium to house the Rams.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    st. louis or los angeles,who the hell the would want them the way they are playing now and what the hell does this have to do with getting a pass rush and covering a kickoff, which are the real reasons we lost,not the fans or lack of.
    I don't think anyone said that the fans were the reason the team lost.

However, as a fan of the team watching the game from home, I found it disturbing and downright embarrassing to hear so many Bear fans cheering at the EJD.

Given that the St. Louis is not a diehard, football-crazed, town, I guess that the only thing that will fix this is for the team to start winning again. Perhaps that is the case all but a few cities.

But last night was not fun to watch.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Folks...

Let's not make this an L.A. vs. St. Louis thing.

Truth of the matter is, the SoCal fans didn't exactly support the Rams like the bleacher bums at Wrigley when the Rams hit hard times in the early 90s, so there shouldn't be much reason for "holier than thou" comments.

What is great about the Clan is that we can see by the members here that, even if the Rams don't have the type of fan base that some teams do, those who do support the team are ferociously loyal.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What is great about the Clan is that we can see by the members here that, even if the Rams don't have the type of fan base that some teams do, those who do support the team are ferociously loyal.
    Amen to that.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i guess i got off the subject,but being from N.Y.,it is alot more fun to watch a game in the dome than watching a game in N.Y. with the worst fans in the country.if the rams were to play better,the fans will be there and very loud.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam View Post

I was walking from my parking garage behind a foursome of suits. Two men and women walking slowly in their business attire shooting the breeze about the game. What do I hear them say?

"If I fall asleep here it's your fault."
    There's no way any of them would be sleeping if I was within 20 rows of them.

:r

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Folks, let's not start insulting people's cities ok? Every city has their bright spots and their down spots, and insulting people's home is not going to get us anywhere.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I recorded the game, turned off the radio in my car so i won't hear the score, and hurried home from work to watch it. All this, while living on the tiny island of Guam. I am more of a die hard ram fan than an NFL fan. To hear more cheers and see more Bears fans in the ED was a sad, sad, sight.

I don't know what its like to be there in an actual game at the ED but my eyes told me it was pathetic. The 99-02 fans were defening and its evident everywhere else that if your team wins, fans will be there to root them on. but we are in a rebuilding stage with new coaches and i feel we are a few picks and trades away from being great again. After a 4-1 start we started thinking playoffs and division. The injury bug hit and the playcalling started to stink. All of a sudden, coaches were confused, players didnt care, and fans are hiding. Everything is scattered right now, and the pieces need to be put back together again.

Rams fans in STL are understandably upset with the way the team is playing. But remember this! when the rams start training camp next year and the media gives the rams "no luv" good off season or not, don't start crying because we deserve everything we get. The old saying goes, you don't know a good thing till its gone. And in the next year, with all the room in the salary cap and the expected free agents, i think the team is actually going to really make a push for the playoffs and reclaim the division.The coaches will look like geniuses, The players will be clicking, and and the fans will be loud again!!!

KEEP THE RAMS IN STL!!! another move would will keep us where we are, or bump us back even further... A child without love does nothing good in the eyes of its judges. Don't be too quik to judge team just yet!! its all too soon.The 99 rams were a hit in a year and that was it, no more SB wins. Martz inherited the team but could never finished the job even with all the playoff appearances.

Give Linehan some time to create a team that keeps on winning. Some seem to think he became a head coach too soon. He has a year under his belt now.The difference a year makes will open peoples eyes. The rams will win again, and everyone in STL will call themselves diehards!!! BOOK THIS THOUGHT.

Folks, let's not start insulting people's cities ok? Every city has their bright spots and their down spots, and insulting people's home is not going to get us anywhere.
    I agree, but damn, I'm soooooooo tired of the LA bashers. :O

I agree with Hub on this one. The question really is; Do the Rams deserve, or should they expect a loud and loyal turnout when they put up the performances like they have been? Hell, I'm as die hard a fan as you'll find, and I would have a hard time plunking down $100 to watch that crude they call a football team. It's years like this that test my Ram loyalty, I'll tell you. I understand and accept that every team will have it's rebuilding years, and down years, and believe me, the Rams have had their share. But to watch the same team make the same stupid mistakes and fail in the same manner year after year, despite a change in coaches and players, it drives me nutty. It's just so frustrating, isn't it?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

"I agree, but damn, I'm soooooooo tired of the LA bashers. :O"

Just like I am so damned tired of this move the team out of STL and back to LA crap. How many times do we have to rehash this territorial BS??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Just like I am so damned tired of this move the team out of STL and back to LA crap. How many times do we have to rehash this territorial BS??
    Well, to that I can only say this. Get used to it.

As long as the Rams play like the Ewes, and you have as many opponents fans in the seats as Ram fans, you'll hear it. If the STL fans don't like it, they need do something about it, before it's too late.

They need to start showing up to games and not give Georgia another reason to move, 'cuz, trust me on this. She will. I hope for your sake you (those in STL) don't have to go through the BS of losing a team you're watched and stood behind your entire childhood. For years I watched them and stood behind them, bought their jerseys and apparell, only to see Ms. **** drive them into the cellar and out of town. It sucks. That's why it's brought up by so many, so often. It still hurts. ...and this is how it started in Anaheim, questions like; "does LA deserve the Rams?" Personally, I couldn't care less if the Rams left STL, just as I'm sure Ram fans in other parts of the country feel. It doesn't effect me or them in that respect, I've already lost them and others never had them, but I (we) will still follow them. I would, however, like to see them in a stadium that isn't a dome. Domes are for baseball and basketball, not football. IMO So, if they pack up and leave for wherever, I'll still be a fan. Unless of course they move to NY. I'd have a problem with that. No offense to you NY guys, but I'm a west coast guy and I cannot ever see myself pulling for a team from NY. It's not natural.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am working on a plan to seduce georgia frontiere and then persuade her to move the Rams to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The will be known as the Tulsa rams of Broken Arrow. This still keeps FRS in range to catch a game ever so often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Excuse me? "Every little excuse?" "Hell hole known as LA"? "If we supported the Rams when they were here?"

Oh, you mean like STL supported the football Cardinals?

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I KNOW what I saw and heard last night. Hell, we had as many LA/Anaheim Ram fans at the San Diego game, and this is after the team left over 10 years ago!

Yeah, and everyone wants to move to Misery, I mean, Missouri, and nobody wants to live in So. Cal. because it's a "hell hole". What a joke. I'm hearing and reading a LOT of feedback from St. Louis/Missouri residents that say they really don't care about the Rams, and they're a "baseball town", and so on and so on. What? You can't focus your attention and time to more than one sport, or event at a time? You all have ADD? You too busy shoveling snow? What?

We find a way to support the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, and even the Clippers, and will gladly support the Rams again. By the way, I'm hearing that there is discussion going on right now about some property in Santa Ana, to build an NFL stadium. It would be a great place to build a new, outdoor stadium to house the Rams.
    Preach my brother preach... Again i went to the game last night and the stadium was about 60-40 bears fans... i talked to a few fans and they told me that there hasn't been a sold out games in a couple of years... You guys in STL can ramble on about oh how your a baseball town or that since Chicago is close to STL there was so many chicago fans there last night, but that just goes through one ear and out the other for me... all you STL fans call your self fans well then go to the ballgames and cheer for your team... I've been to the san fran, arizona, san diego, chicago, and now the oakland game and i will stick with my team through thick and thin but it just pains me to see what medicore fan base there is in STL...
    FRONTIERE IS THE ONLY REASON WHY THE RAMS ARE EVEN IN STL MY FRIENDS, IF HER LATE HUSBAND WERE STILL ALIVE( I BELIEVE SHE KILLED HIM BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY), THEY WOULD STILL BE IN ANAHEIM PLAYING AT THE BIG A!!!!!!!!!!!1

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

OK, guys, while there are many Rams fans that can be indicted for the poor showing last night, there were still some die-hard fans that showed up to the game. Be careful about stereotyping all of the St. Louis fans because there were still thousands that went to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GSOT is offline Registered User

I think it is pretty sad when LA people, and trust me it is only LA people, are talking about the Rams moving.. Do you honestly think two poor fan showings in one season is going to get the Rams to move? For the ten years the Rams have been here in STL the very very small market of STL have given the Rams great support over all. TRUST me I have had season tickets since 98. Some of you people are exagerating the Bears showing big time. IN no way did they out number Rams fans thats just a complete joke. Now when the cross state rival cheifs came to town, which have a big following in stl, the statium was abotu 60-40 in favor of the Rams.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast