Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87
  1. #61
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,010
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    OK, guys, while there are many Rams fans that can be indicted for the poor showing last night, there were still some die-hard fans that showed up to the game. Be careful about stereotyping all of the St. Louis fans because there were still thousands that went to the game.
    your right its just down right sickening that it seems like the only true die hard ram fans are only in the clan. The rams fanbase is not like chicago's or oakland's and that pisses me off.. ,km


  2. #62
    GSOT Guest

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    The Rams have not been in Saint Louis snice the 30's like the Bears... Pluss dont let Bears fans fool you when they had their losing seasons they had poor fan showings as well. Oakland thats one of those other former LA teams right? And isnt oakland the black out capital of the NFL? Just because the die hards dress up doesnt mean they are all like that.

  3. #63
    BigGameMN Guest

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    As a die hard Atlanta Braves fan, I've seen this happen a lot. When we played the Cubs in the playoffs people were calling Turner Field, Wrigley South. And they were just about right. I mean my goodness, we were practically outnumbered by the opposing teams fans in playoff games. So trust me, it's not as bad as you think.

  4. #64
    blood85 Guest

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    I'll say it again, that was one Pathetic showing of STL fans supporting my beloved Rams. NO FREAKING way the Lou deserves the Rams! I don't care if their 0-12 at this point, you do not give up the sanctuary to any opposing team, especially after they won the superbowl for you, which the Lou never had before,and darn near pulled off a 2nd Lombardi trophy.

  5. #65
    STL Football Fan Guest

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Heck ya they deserve them!

    How many consecutive sellouts has there been? and thats with having losing years as much as winning years.

    Has anyone considered that bears fans were cheering loudly because they had something to cheer about.

    STL and the old football cardinals....I laugh anytime someone trys to talk the STL down because of the old dead birds situation. I don't remember the exact numbers(been too long) but back when the move was happening there was a news story about support of the dead birds. It went something like if you took all the years the cardinals were in STL, except for the last season in which people were staying away because of the impending move that was getting ready to happen, and averaged the attendance of all those years to the rest of the NFL, mind you, this was many losing years, playoffs = LOL, silly drafts and everything else, the attendence numbers were still somewhere in the middle of the pack for the NFL average. Not bad at all considering all facts. Oh yeah, one more thing, do you know where the cardinals moved from before they came to STL?? Chicago! but of course, it must of been a bad football place too, if the Cardinals moved from there, right?



    ...and now we got this pathetic bunch that were supposed to "support", well at least we'll have a good draft pick.
    Last edited by STL Football Fan; -12-13-2006 at 06:42 AM.

  6. #66
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Avenger has already asked nicely, and now I will again make a plea for a few people to ease up on the geographical cat-fight. It must look disgustingly immature to any outsider looking in. Folks, Missourians have their reasons for loving STL and MO (tornadoes excluded). And I'm certain SoCalians have their reasons for loving SoCal (mudslides excluded). Both locales have shown both waxing and waning periods in their Rams fandom, so this whole who-haw measuring contest is pretty silly and irrelevant, don't you agree?

    Seriously guys, no more LA vs. STL.........thanks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #67
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    what about England vs USA

    im sure we could support the Rams better with some good old hooliganism!

  8. #68
    81~BIG-GAME's Avatar
    81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast,Northern Ireland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    what about England vs USA

    im sure we could support the Rams better with some good old hooliganism!
    Yeah in Britain we would have started a riot with those celebrating Bears fans,you just wouldn't get away with that at an away game in the UK..:l

  9. #69
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    That's a tricky question.
    On one hand, being originally from LA, I would love nothing more than for the Rams to be back in SoCal; (so I could buy season tix ). On the other side, having attended a few games in STL, I had never experienced the aura of 40,000+ Ram fans coming together. Back when I used to attend games at the big A, the atmosphere, with a few exceptions, felt like we were playing an away game or at a neutral site.

    Unfortunately, there are a lot of fair weather fans; especially here in San Diego. When the Chargers are not playing well, the home games are blacked out. I'm sure that is the case in most cities, with a few exceptions.

    The team just needs to perform better; "If you win, they will come."
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  10. #70
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    Yeah in Britain we would have started a riot with those celebrating Bears fans,you just wouldn't get away with that at an away game in the UK..:l
    Its true, you cant get away with stuff like that over here. Even Chelsea can get their home fans going, and the majority of fans in the stadium arent even fans, they are just bandwagoners. Its bad for us real Chelsea fans, but we try and make our voices heard.

    One thing that will never happen is the away fans outsinging the home. Even when a team is losing by loads.

  11. #71
    81~BIG-GAME's Avatar
    81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belfast,Northern Ireland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    I will be honest watching the game on TV,I was embarassed by the lack of support from the fans...I know that we have been pretty lousy this year but you support your team thru thick and thin..Even in the 1st half when we were playing quite well the fans where still quiet...To think that just a couple of year's ago the Dome used to be a hard place for away teams as it was one of the louder stadiums, now we have to use a silent count on offence because of the noise the AWAY team fans are making,pathetic and ridiculous...C'mon support the Rams! :l

  12. #72
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I agree, but damn, I'm soooooooo tired of the LA bashers. :O
    so, I guess turning around and saying sh*tty stuff about St. Louis makes it alright?!


    Having lived in both St. Louis and LA, I have a pretty good grasp on what the two cities are like. And believe me, one city has nothing over the other. Grew up in St. Louis.. Wouldn't have wanted to grow up anywhere else (I still go back to visit family as much as possible, love the people, love the city, love everything about it). Moved to LA (had to move because of being in the film industry, not because St. Louis is a bad place) in my early 20's and loved California. Both cities have their strong and weak points. And the Rams fans are not a weak point in St. Louis.

    Some of you are getting all crazy because you are pissed the Rams left California to begin with. I can understand. But, you can't measure St. Louis' football fanbase on a few games! Especially when those games are from teams that are only a few hours away driving distance. (As I mentioned before, Chicago fans are always going to St. Louis for sporting events. It is a heated and sometimes hated rivalry between the two city sports teams that always draws crowds from the away city.)

    I'm just sick of people saying that St. Louis doesn't deserve the Rams. And when you start bashing St. Louis (or bashing LA)... well, you just look like a pathetic baby.

    Get over it.
    Last edited by supachump; -12-13-2006 at 03:11 PM.

  13. #73
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    so, I guess turning around and saying sh*tty stuff about St. Louis makes it alright?!


    I grew up in St. Louis, moved to LA when I was in my early 20's (work in the film industry, had to be there (now live in San Francisco)). St. Louis and LA both have their merits. I wouldn't of wanted to grow up **ANYWHERE** but St. Louis. But, I love California and I love LA.


    I'm just sick of people saying that St. Louis doesn't deserve the Rams. I don't expect anyone to understand unless you live in St. Louis. But Chicago and St. Louis rivalries are strong. There is always a ton of people at baseball, hockey, and yes, even football games from the other city.

    Get over it!
    Okay, I'm over it.

    Nah, no I'm not. Do you think that this is something that ONLY StL has to listen to? You don't think that the same hasn't been said about the Faiders? ...or the Cardinals? ...or the Falcons? ...or the Panthers? ...or the Vikings? ...or the Saints? ...or the Jaguars? ....and so on. It's part of owning a franchise. You don't show up to games, and the question of deserving the team immediately pops up. I understand that the Bears are nearby (relatively speaking) and their fans are rabid, but when the HOME team has to use a silent count, wow! Doesn't that concern the locals? Shouldn't they expect to hear "the question"? Deal with it.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  14. #74
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    ...and again, the only reason you hear the "back to LA" stuff from so many of us, is we're DIE-HARD Ram fans and we MISS having the opportunity to watch our team play. If you've been through the experience of losing a team, (a team, mind you, that had been OURS for nearly 50 years!) you'll understand. When we were told that "the Rams are moving to STL because they'll appreciate us more there, and then we see & hear what happened last week. Well? Do you blame us? And for the record, the move from Anaheim to STL had NOTHING to do with lack of game attendance. It was all about a sweet deal with Georgia and lining her pockets.

    As I said, at this point, you can move the Rams to Timbucktoo and it wouldn't matter to me at all, because it doesn't affect me anymore. I can only watch them on the tube now, and it doesn't matter where they play to pick up the game. I would just prefer LA/Anaheim because I LIVE here, and they have more history here than anywhere else.

    I guess if you could envision the baseball Cardinals getting offered a sweet deal in Tulsa (for example) and tomorrow morning all you see is the tailights of the moving vans, maybe you'd understand. The first time the new stadium of the Tulsa Cardinals didn't sell-out, you'd be saying exactly the same thing. ...and if you didn't, you'd not be the hardcore fan that you say that you are. Now if the Royals moved tomorrow, I doubt anyone would notice. But that's another story.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  15. #75
    GSOT Guest

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ God your getting annoying...

    Honestly I think the Rams should move back to Clevland that's their true home! Let's stop talking about if the team should move or will it move because it is very obvious that it wont happen any time soon.. Lets get back to talking about what we need to do in free agency and the draft!
    Last edited by GSOT; -12-13-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •