Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ God your getting annoying...

    Honestly I think the Rams should move back to Clevland that's their true home! Let's stop talking about if the team should move or will it move because it is very obvious that it wont happen any time soon.. Lets get back to talking about what we need to do in free agency and the draft!
    Understand that the title of this thread is "DOES THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS DESERVE THE RAMS?" What I'm doing is responding to the topic, and other messages. Isn't that what these boards are for? If you don't like it, I would suggest you change the channel.

    By the way, Cleveland would be fine with me.

    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  2. #77
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If you've been through the experience of losing a team you'll understand
    ahh.. we (St. Louis football fans) have..

  3. #78
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    ahh.. we (St. Louis football fans) have..
    No, you lost the Cardinals.

    But seriously, how do/did you feel about it? Do you miss them? ..or did the relocation of the Rams make things right for you? Is that why you adopted the Rams? If the Rams did not go to STL, would you still be a Cardinal fan, even though they're in 'Zona? If so, did you at any time during thier struggles, wish, or voice your opinion about them returning to STL?


    Just curious.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  4. #79
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    But seriously, how do/did you feel about it? Do you miss them? ..or did the relocation of the Rams make things right for you? Is that why you adopted the Rams? If the Rams did not go to STL, would you still be a Cardinal fan, even though they're in 'Zona? If so, did you at any time during thier struggles, wish, or voice your opinion about them returning to STL?


    Just curious.
    I moved to LA before the Rams left. I started to become a fan at that point. When they moved to St. Louis, I wasn't disappointed. I continued to be a fan and part of me became even more of a Rams fan because they moved to my home town.

    As far as the football Cardinals. Sure, I was disappointed and upset that they left. I may of voiced an opinion that I wish they were back. But never at the expense of the city or the fans (or lack thereof) by saying that Arizona didn't deserve them. Or, have anything disparaging to say about the city/state itself. That is not only out of line, imo, but disrespectful and immature.

  5. #80
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Wow, cool thread! Lot's of emotions and civic pride. Now it's my turn. Does St. Louis deserve the Rams. Yes, they bought and paid for them. They gave Georgia I think 250 million plus a new stadium. There isn't one of us here who would turn down that bank to take our team back to our hometown.

    This is professional sports and they charge for you to watch them and buy their merchandise. From that moment on, all bets are off on any ties to a city, with exceptions such as the Yankees and Packers of course. Many, many sports teams have moved. That's why people like myself have decided that anymore, you pick a team and you stick with them. That is why with as many people that moved to the greater LA/OC area from other areas, you will see a majority of fans form outside the area. Go to an Angels Yankees game here and you think you might be in NY (Except most people are nice to you and don't drop the f-bomb around as much).

    Also what you are experiencing in St. Louis is ease of mobility and affordibility for fans to travel now. Chicago is only 300 miles away from St. Louis. Some of us in LA commute that in 2 days. And as someone else mentioned, it easy the cheer for the Bears since they are winning. I am sure was a good percentage of those Bear fans who had newer jerseys or hadn't been this supportive since 85. Regardless for the hometown fans, that stings. And I appreciate that.

    St. Louis and LA are very similar in that they both had selfish uncaring owners rip out their hearts for years, and then totally decimate them by moving their teams to another city. I have walked the mean streets of South Central LA and the multi-million dollar homes of Newport Beach. And respectfully I have walked the downtown area of St. Louis and seen the awesome suburban home and rural homes outside of that city too and they are very much alike. One thing I have admired about this site is that the citizens of both cities have always gotten along and I don't want to see that change.

    So does St. Louis deserve the Rams, yes they are bought and paid for, so enjoy them my Gateway brothers. In the meantime, it is 65 degrees here in this hell hole and there are waves breaking at the beach....I think I will go surfing now....Joe

  6. #81
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    I could take time to look this crap up, just to be sure of my facts, but I'm not going to.

    I don't know the real reason why the Rams left LA. Most of the reason was financial, I am sure. However, I have also read that there were many times that the Colosseum had more empty seats than filled ones during the games.

    And, we had the Rams of the 90's.

    I'm not going to lie to you. When the Rams came to St. Louis in '95, my only thought was "Big deal, it's just the Rams."

    But, Busch Stadium was full of hungry football fans, even though the team was still the Rams of the 90's.

    They got the "TransWorld Dome". Still the Rams of the 90's. Still selling tickets.

    Then the fans got spoiled in '99. Who wouldn't have? (BTW, that was the first year for me as a Rams fan)

    So, what is my point?

    It took me four years to 'find' the Rams. Trust me, living with 'MOM' (Tawn), no one could survive without loving the Rams. She couldn't 'Stump the Schwab', but she does know her Rams.

    I had a boost when I became a Rams fan. Tawn told me about the new QB, some guy named Green, and how the Rams made a trade to get a RB with a bad attitude, some guy that might make it big if he settled down.

    Yeah, St. Louis is a baseball town. But, give it time, give the fans a reason to come out to the dome, and those seats will fill up again. It's just a 'down time' for us all. In the late 70's, the baseball Cards didn't fill up Busch Stadium, but in KC, the Royals games were sold out. Now, it's the opposite....you can't give away tickets to a Royals game.

    It's not the city, it's the team. As the team improves, so will the fans.

  7. #82
    BigGameMN's Avatar
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Age
    32
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Then the fans got spoiled in '99. Who wouldn't have? (BTW, that was the first year for me as a Rams fan)
    You hit it right on the head. When the Rams first got to St. Louis the fans were hungry for football. It didn't matter that the team stunk, they sold out everytime and the fans supported them. And then it happened. The most exciting 3 years of football by any team. The Rams offense was unreal, it even got it's own name, and the fans loved it. Rams fans were popping up all over the country, fans of other teams clamored to get in front of their T.V.'s to watch the Rams, other teams Defenses broke out in a cold sweat from the mere mention of the Rams. And then, it was gone. And the fans aren't happy.

    I say give it time, once the GSOT continues to become farther and farther away, the fans will start to get over it and come back.

  8. #83
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    No,they do not deserve MY team.Period.

  9. #84
    ramsown's Avatar
    ramsown is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    montana
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    no and besides the city of st.louis is accustemed to winning. its the rams of teh cards. its annoying. i sure miss the greatest show on turf:\

  10. #85
    Krames41's Avatar
    Krames41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    Hold on one sec.... the reason we are a baseball town is because we have a franchsie that always puts together a winning team, offers good prices, good facilites, and cares about the fans. The Cardinals have done it for over a hundred years, and during that time we've had the worst franchise in sports playing as our NFL team (the Big Red). We may not have a city of hardcore fans yet but it will come with time. Like everyone else has said we have sold out every game since 1995. The LA Rams left because of lack of support. They couldn't sell out the stadium, and they couldn't get on tv, ect. I am a die hard fan, and I know a lot of other die hard fans. One of the reasons people leave early is because of the location of the EJD. It is where interstates 70, 44, 55, and 40 all merge so about 65,000 people are getting on the highway in the same spot. I've gone to a game left the dome at 3:00 and not gotten to my house (twenty minutes no traffic) until 5:30. Knowing you have to sit in that kind of traffic makes it a lot harder to sit and watch a team get stomped (some things they just don't tell you on tv). On top of that the prices for parking (twenty a game for a garage, a thousand for one spot a year) along with PSL's and season tickets, drains your pockets and takes away the fan friendly atmosphere. Add all of that to an indoor field and you have a bad atmosphere for football none of which is the fans fault...all the organizations. When we were good we had one of the toughest stadiums, if not the toughest in the NFL, to play in. I will admidt we were spoiled because they were so good and won a super bowl so quick (and went to another). I will also admidt we don't have the best fans in the NFL, and we have a ton of fair weather fans. But saying we don't deserve an NFL team is stupid. People questioning our heart obviously weren't the ones sitting next to us in the cold watching the Big Red lose every week and they are underestimatiing our ability as fans. I know a ton of people who have attended every game since 1995. Winning is the best way to get a fan base. As soon as they do that again people will come. Until then they need to make the Rams games a little more fan friendly.
    Last edited by Krames41; -12-14-2006 at 12:44 AM.

  11. #86
    Roy G. Biv's Avatar
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Modern Day Dead Ráibéad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    I guess if you could envision the baseball Cardinals getting offered a sweet deal in Tulsa (for example) and tomorrow morning all you see is the tailights of the moving vans, maybe you'd understand.
    What I would understand is that I have a decision to make. Am I a St. Louis fan, or a Cardinal fan. If I were a Cardinal fan, it wouldn't matter where they called home. If I were a St. Louis fan, I'd moan and groan about how Tulsa doesn't deserve them.
    The first time the new stadium of the Tulsa Cardinals didn't sell-out, you'd be saying exactly the same thing.
    True, if I were merely a St. Louis fan, and not a Cardinal fan.
    ...and if you didn't, you'd not be the hardcore fan that you say that you are.
    Wrong. If I didn't complain about Tulsa the first time they didn't sell out, that would show that I am a true Cardinal fan, because it wouldn't matter where they play. If I were to complain about the crowd in Tulsa, it would prove I am nothing more than a St. Louis fan who needs to stop pretending to be a true Cardinal fan.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

  12. #87
    GSOT is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Does the City of St. Louis Deserve the Rams?

    BTW you guys are all acting like your the only city to ever have a team leave? LOL Saint Louis did???
    Last edited by GSOT; -12-14-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •