30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes homefield matters

14 46.67%
  • No! Rams vs Seahawks anywhere = WIN

16 53.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SeaTown Guest

Re: Does homefield matter this weekend?

Home field means nothing?! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! You delusional Lamb fans tell yourself whatever helps you sleep better. That's fine. But the fact is that since the current playoff format took place the home team has won 75% of the time in the first round. Not a lock, no way. The Hawks almost pulled it out in Lambeau last year. But I'd rather be on the 75% side as opposed to the 25% side.

And if you guys really want to ignore the fact that your team is Jeckle and Hyde when it comes to playing in the dome, you are crazy. How many games did they win outdoors this year? 2? Yeah, one was in Seattle. So what? The Lambs got absolutely slaughtered for the entire game. I was there and we were laughing at halftime that it was such a blowout. The Hawks thought the game was over unfortunately with 7 minutes left and the Rams jumped up and slapped them back into reality. Take away the two long bombs and this series is 1-1 with home field advantage playing the key factor. Not to take away anything from the Rams in that one. Just want to point out that the season series wasn't exacty a one sided affair. Especially when you consider that the Hawks almost came back in STL. The Rams get the kudos for winning those two games. But don't fool yourselves into thinking that you guys own this team. Both have been fairly mediocre.

If you compare both teams they mirror eachother pretty closely. Both teams have good, at times great offenses. Both have suspect defenses. Both have terrible special teams. The only place I don't see them even is in the coaching department. I'm sorry, no offense to you guys, but I have no respect for sMartz at all. He's a bafoon and a twit.

I've watched plenty of Ram games this year. The fact is that they play WAY better in their comfortable living room. They've perfected their offense to utilize playing on the fast track and in contolled conditions. If this game were to be played in the dome, I'd be scared. But since it's here and outdoors in actual football conditions, I'm slightly optimistic.

Don't get me wrong. I'll tell you guys til I'm blue in the face that the Hawks will win. That's cuz I'm a fan. But they've been just as much a roller coaster to watch as the Rams have been this year. Quite frankly, nothing surprises me with these guys. Especially without Wistrom and Simmons, the d is very suspect. Our linebackers are Chad Brown and a bunch of scrubs. The d line can't get any pressure worth a damn (the main reason Bulger and the Lambs have played well against them), and the secondary is forced to cover forever.

The way the average Hawk game has gone this year and with how hard to predict the Rams have been, I would almost bet you that Saturday's game will end in similar fashion to both teams games this past week. Get ready for a gut wrencher.

Should be fun.

GO HAWKS!!!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well , 10 times out of 15 , the team that won the sweep won Game 3 also! 2/3 is better than1/3 not a lock but i'll take those odds!Oh and this year , home field doesn't mean much to you guys....... because you lose! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Glad to see that ONE win vs anything close to a DECENT opponent in 9 weeks means the defense is "starting to gell". 3 weeks ago virtually EVERYONE was screaming for Marmies head. They beat the SCRUBS from Philly...when McNabb and company were in they marched right down the field and scored with EASE(even without Westbrook and TO). REALITY CHECK PLEASE. Lets not get delusional here. The Rams gave up 176 yards rushing yesterday. Outside of the 6 sacks(can you say ANOMALY?) they looked weak as usual. One sack vs the Philly all stars...two each vs the mighty Cards and Panthers...where is this 'gelling'??
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -01-04-2005 at 01:58 AM.

SeaTown Guest

http://mb2.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8280.topic

Besides your guys comeback win against the Hawks in week 5 where your team played good for 7 minutes, your only win on the road all year was in SAN FRANCISCO against the worst team in football! How can you guys be serious in saying that it doesn't matter if you are playing in your dome or not?
    Last edited by SeaTown; -01-04-2005 at 05:27 AM.

Because its the Seahawks

SeaTown Guest

ok, that's a semi-decent answer. but there's one thing you're fogetting. You guys are the Rams! A team who played worse than the Seahawks this year.

yea, but this year, we own you

SeaTown Guest

Own is a strong word buddy. You know just as good as anyone that the first game was dominated by the Hawks up til they quit with 7 minutes left. And the second game in your comfy dome was pretty damn close considering the Rams were up 17-0 early. I wouldn't be too overconfident if I were you. Neither team has too huge an edge in this matchup.

I tried to post a link to a thread about this same topic over at my home board, but it didn't work. So here's the point I was trying to get at.

Ram Wins
    Sun. Sep. 12 Arizona Win 17-10 Dome
    Sun. Oct. 3 @San Francisco Win 24-14 Open Field
    Sun. Oct. 10 @Seattle Win 33-27 (OT) Open Field
    Mon. Oct. 18 Tampa Bay Win 28-21 Dome
    Sun. Nov. 14 Seattle Win 23-12 Dome
    Sun. Dec. 5 San Francisco Win 16-6 Dome
    Mon. Dec. 27 Philadelphia Win 20-7 Dome
    Sun. Jan. 2 NY Jets Win 32-29 (OT) Dome

Fact: 4 Rams losses on the Road are in open field and cold weather
    = All Blow-Outs!

Ram Losses
    Sun. Sep. 19 @Atlanta Loss 34-17 Dome
    Sun. Sep. 26 New Orleans Loss 28-25 (OT) Dome
    Sun. Nov. 7 New England Loss 40-22 Dome

Sun. Oct. 24 @Miami Loss 31-14 Open Field
    Sun. Nov. 21 @Buffalo Loss 37-17 Open Field
    Mon. Nov. 29 @Green Bay Loss 45-17 Open Field
    Sun. Dec. 12 @Carolina Loss 20-7 Open Field
    Sun. Dec. 19 @Arizona Loss 31-7 Open Field
    So if you guys are trying to tell me that it doesn't make a difference if the Rams play in their comfy dome or on the road outdoors, I say RUBBISH!
    Last edited by SeaTown; -01-04-2005 at 08:42 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It is all relative. :nerd:

What really matters is that this is the proverbial 'clean slate'. PLAYOFFS.

GO RAMS!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Interesting analysis with dome versus open fields. Might be something to it, but the Rams are so inconsistent this year in their play that I am not putting much credence into it.

You could also say that Rams sucked in the month of November (they only won one game in Nov) and the Rams lost every time that Chandler was the starting QB.

I would be very concerned if Chandler was the starting QB. That would be bad.

I am a little concerned that the Rams are overconfident about this game since they beat you Seahawks twice. They may think it will be easy to duplicate. I hope not, but they may be thinking that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rampete is offline Registered User

the toothless wonders and the spiral horns were pretty hard to figure thru-out the entire season...i doubt players from either side are brimming with unadulterated confidence...

the team that has the ball last may be the winner of this upcoming game...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    Own is a strong word buddy. You know just as good as anyone that the first game was dominated by the Hawks up til they quit with 7 minutes left. And the second game in your comfy dome was pretty damn close considering the Rams were up 17-0 early. I wouldn't be too overconfident if I were you. Neither team has too huge an edge in this matchup.

I tried to post a link to a thread about this same topic over at my home board, but it didn't work. So here's the point I was trying to get at.

So if you guys are trying to tell me that it doesn't make a difference if the Rams play in their comfy dome or on the road outdoors, I say RUBBISH!
    All I know is this; the Rams scored 17 points on the Seahawks in the fourth quarter at Seattle faster than anyone in Seattle could scream double latte with cream.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This is overblown as a factor. If the Rams don't win, it won't be because the game is outdoors.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    I think trying to draw conclusions from the Miami, Carolina, and Arizona games, regarding them as games in "open field and cold weather," is a bit of a reach.

The temperature for the Miami game was 82 degrees. While no one is going to make excuses for that horrible game, it wasn't a cold weather game - just open field.

The games against Carolina and Arizona were losses that I believe were because of (1) not having our starting QB against Carolina and (2) a poor gameplan against Arizona. I don't think the open field affected either, and neither game boasted cold weather. Carolina's game was played under 53-degree sunny skies while the trip to Arizona saw 75-degree clear blue skies.

For someone to say that home field doesn't matter for the Rams, eh, I'd raise my eyebrow. But we haven't seen them in cold weather as much as you'd imply.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-06-2005 at 07:20 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

OK this bugs be somewhat.

1) no one ever says this about the Vikings even thjough they play in a dome. because everyone percieves that somehow coming from a could part of the country they will be fine.

2) The Rams have payed in as many cold games as have the Seahawks this year (saying that the last hawks game should give them the edge.

3) NFL players come from all over the USA ..... Everyone assumes that the Rams pick players from hot humid dome playing colleges I assume.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast