30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes homefield matters

14 46.67%
  • No! Rams vs Seahawks anywhere = WIN

16 53.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SeaTown Guest

Re: Does homefield matter this weekend?

I am a little concerned that the Rams are overconfident about this game since they beat you Seahawks twice. They may think it will be easy to duplicate. I hope not, but they may be thinking that.
    I can understand that. Some Hawk fans have pointed it out that some of the Ram players seem a bit overconfident. No team, not just this Ram team should ever get overconfident going on the road in the playoffs. Especially in this case. It's not as if the two games this season were both utter blowouts.

As for you guys who are focusing on the temperature, that isn't the factor here. whether or not the temp is hot or cold doesn't mean as much as the Rams playing outside as opposed to indoors on carpet. They play great in their elements, but not so well on the road. Last year the Hawks only won twice on the road all season. When they went into Lambeau in the wild card round nobody thought they'd have a shot because of this factor. Same as the Rams shouldn't be too overconfident in this situation. That said, the Hawks played pretty good in Green Bay and took the Pack to OT. While this isn't THE reason the Rams will lose, it shouldn't be ignored by you guys.

1) no one ever says this about the Vikings even thjough they play in a dome. because everyone percieves that somehow coming from a could part of the country they will be fine.
    That's because neither of us is playing the Vikings this week. The Vikings are horrible outdoors. They have won 2 of their last 23 or something crazy like that. The Rams aren't that inept at playing outdoors, but 2 wins all year should be a slight indicator of a possible issue. The fact that the Vikes are so bad outside along with the Rams having a poor record outdoors should tell you guys something.

If you can't see that you guys are a different team indoor on the carpet I can't help you. It is one of the most obvious things in football.
    Last edited by SeaTown; -01-07-2005 at 01:49 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    I can understand that. Some Hawk fans have pointed it out that some of the Ram players seem a bit overconfident. No team, not just this Ram team should ever get overconfident going on the road in the playoffs. Especially in this case. It's not as if the two games this season were both utter blowouts.
    You are right. Neither win was an utter blowout. I love that word utter. You can use it all over the place.

I think the team with the players that want this win, will get it. I just have not figured out who wants it more right now.

One of my football buddies at work loves to bring me words of wisdom and he has to tell me that no 8-8 team has ever won a playoff game. Great, thanks a lot buddy, another stat to overcome. See the cards are stacked against the Rams. 8-8 and playing away from home.

The Rams can win this game if they want it bad enough, but there are additional concerns since it is in Seattle. Will the offense be able to play with all that noise from the utterly crazed Seattle fans? Will the defense be as motivated without their 12th man? Will Martz short circuit this week and decide that he should throw all the time since the weather might be bad and running would make sense? That would be the logical thing to do, run the ball in bad weather, but Martz loves to buck against logical thought. Will the equipment guys bring an assortment of shoes and cleats to work with the potentially soggy, muddy, slippery, or frozen field? Will the players fall down and hurt themselves? Who knows....

The one thing that I really like is the momentum that the Rams have picked up in the last two week's wins. Being able to win against the a scaled down Eagles team and a motivated Jets team has brought a great deal of confidence.

As you pointed out I really have not spent much time looking at the SeaHawks, so I can't really tell what the attitude it over there, but there does seem to be some malcontent thoughts running about. This may be something that the media is building up or it may be a factor.

Whatever the case, I like where the Rams are mentally right now and I think they will bring a good game to Seattle. As a matter of fact the Rams may just play better because they are playing in Seattle and they know it is not going to be an easy game and they get no home field benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Does it matter? It should. The fans of the home team should always be able to drive the visitors to distraction. But we know that's not always the case. The Rams have shown they can overcome adversity. This is just a matter of doing it one more time.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

No! Rams vs Seahawks anywhere = WIN

Bye Bye Seahags.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

No! Rams vs Seahawks anywhere = WIN
    It matters to the other team.
    The RAMS showed thier mental toughness today. They have a will to win. :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123