Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BM_Face is offline Registered User

Re: Does Linehan deserve a mulligan?

Linehan will be gone at seasons end, and I think the team knows he is a lame-duck. It is on the FO to find someone to revive this team, and lead our talent. Choosing the wrong replacement would be the same/worse as keeping Linehan. There are no mulligans in the NFL. GoRams.

majorram is offline Registered User

I want him gone but I'm wondering if Shaw will give him another year UNDER conditions....like hiring a new O cordinator etc..

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

No mulligans. Linehan deserves to be evaluated on his decision-making and leadership skills. If the front office thinks that he's making the right decisions, but the players are failing to execute, maybe he'll stay. If on the other hand, the front office decides that a better coach would have done things differently and won more games, he'll probably go. I think a lot still depends on what happens between now and the end of the season. But if the season ended today, I'd say he was gone.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Linehan must go!!!

Big Red Man said it perfectly, he makes no halftime adjustments, he has lost the team and he has hired his buddies from college and signed guys who were with the Vikings and Dolphins when he OC'ed there.

We need a seasoned coach who knows how to win.....Marty Schottenheimer. We'll deal with the playoff jinx when the time comes. But he's a leader of men and has great experience. Plus I believe he's a fairly good evaluator of talent, that almost as much as coaching is what we desparately need.

Go Rams!

keith m. klink Guest

if we win 4of the last 8 with wins from good teams , he can stay for a 3rd year . but he does not seem to carry the team as a head coach . i just really don't know , he is great at the draft , in my opinion . but as a leader on the sidelines , it's hard for me to really keep or cut him .

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm not sure he deserves a mulligan, because I think that word implies that the mistakes made this season would be ignored or forgiven. Even if he stays, he needs to be made aware of the problems that have arisen in this season regarding playcalling, personnel, game-time decisions, adjustments, etc.

That being said, with the amount of injuries we've suffered, I'm not convinced that he deserves to be fired simply because I doubt any coach would be able to overcome the adversity we've faced, let alone any second-year coaches.

So in that regard, I do think he should get a third year, but one with strict conditions (ala Vermeil).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12