Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    172

    Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    As most are aware, I've been here a long time, and I post here a lot.

    For me, posting on a message board has always enhanced my experience as a fan.

    I like to have an outlet for my thoughts and analyses, and I like to read others' thoughts as well. I also like to have a central location to access team news. Finally a message board allows the sharing of the experience - both good and bad - with fans who I'd otherwise never meet.

    To those who come here to vent by ridiculing, continually disparaging, or expressing hopelessness about the team, I have but one question:

    Does doing so enhance your experience as a fan?

    Maybe the answer is "yes." Maybe you need the catharsis associated with expressing yourself in such a manner.

    But, before you post knee-jerk, over-the-top, negativity, perhaps you should consider whether, in doing so, you are detracting from the experience of others.

    Or maybe you just don't care.

    Maybe, some day I won't either.
    mde8352gorams likes this.


  2. #2
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    AV, good point. I cherish this site because I have been a Ram for many years and it's great to have a place to speak with others who share your interests. Unfortunately the Rams haven't been a stellar team this past decade and beyond except for GSOT 1999-2001. If I may speculate, some people here feel that this is the equivalent of a scratching post for cats. That is their right as a fan, we have to ignore them and embrace those who see the light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually they will lose interest and go elsewhere or simply stop negative posts. We have to remember this is sports and everyone sees it their way. I still look forward to Rams dominance in the NFC West and a Super Bowl win.

    Go Rams!
    RealRam likes this.

  3. #3
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Viewing and or posting on fan sites is massive to people who have no access to fans 'live' in bars etc, its where we can do what you all take for granted day in day out.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

  4. #4
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Posting on this board has definitely enhanced my fan experience. Would I like to have a solid group of Rams fans to go watch the game with in person? Of course, but sadly in the heart of Cowboys and Texans territory, that's nowhere to be found.
    thoey likes this.

  5. #5
    fearsome foursome is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    As most are aware, I've been here a long time, and I post here a lot.

    For me, posting on a message board has always enhanced my experience as a fan.

    I like to have an outlet for my thoughts and analyses, and I like to read others' thoughts as well. I also like to have a central location to access team news. Finally a message board allows the sharing of the experience - both good and bad - with fans who I'd otherwise never meet.

    To those who come here to vent by ridiculing, continually disparaging, or expressing hopelessness about the team, I have but one question:

    Does doing so enhance your experience as a fan?

    Maybe the answer is "yes." Maybe you need the catharsis associated with expressing yourself in such a manner.

    But, before you post knee-jerk, over-the-top, negativity, perhaps you should consider whether, in doing so, you are detracting from the experience of others.

    Or maybe you just don't care.

    Maybe, some day I won't either.
    You Know, winning would solve most issues people are having.

  6. #6
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    From a sanity point of view, i dont know how i could exist without this forum. After 45 years of living and dying with the Rams on a week to week basis, the idea that i can share my joys and sorrows with people who share my passion and are knowledgeable about the NFL and our team makes a material difference in my life. Said another way, its easy to cheer for a team when they are winning, but a lot harder when you suffer through the lean years, and we have certainly had plenty of that since the GSOT came to a screeching halt. Thanks to everyone that makes this board such a great place, and thanks to Dez who makes it all happen.

    Ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  7. #7
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Look at Twitter, all quick reactions, with tons of people--usually consisting of ridiculous posts--but that's the way of the world now: everything is instantaneous, knee jerk reactions. To me, there are a few things that hold up against time, and one is thinking before you speak (which, obviously, applies to the internet or any other type of scenario where you're expressing an opinion). Unfortunately--and I know I'm one of them--I think people are going to initially react to a Rams loss like yesterday's with a lot of anger and frustration, probably not making sense (i.e. BRADFORD SUCKS). It's not until later when I can clear my head and rationally think...that's when I'll post my opinion because it'll be more thought out and not sporadic ideas that are off topic; a tangent. Fortunately for us, I'd say 90% of this board are respectful, and have well-thought out posts. The internet is what it is, but this is the best you're gonna get...and I'm okay with that. I love my ClanRam!
    Last edited by Varg6; -12-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,086
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Hmmm, I wonder what inspired this thread?

  9. #9
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder what inspired this thread?
    Quite the mystery.
    Rambos and Varg6 like this.

  10. #10
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,584
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    What MDE and GC said.

    Oh, and my answer is 'yes', it does. ClanRam, my outlet for the good and the bad. Right now just sad.
    Varg6 likes this.

  11. #11
    SavageRam's Avatar
    SavageRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Yes

    As others have stated, because it's fun to share commonality with other knowledgeable, thought provoking Ram fans, especially for us folk that are landlocked among fans of apposing NFL teams.
    live4ramin likes this.

  12. #12
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,461
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    yep, sharing opinions, highs and lows really makes it fun, sometimes frustrating with some people

    but the good far outweighs the bad, for me at least...ignoring some things makes it better lol

    i don't have a whole lot of rams fans to talk with where i live, though i know there are quite a few here in california

    this makes it easier to do and i am grateful that this forum is one of the more level headed NFL forums...there are some BAD forums out there

  13. #13
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    AV, good point. I cherish this site because I have been a Ram for many years and it's great to have a place to speak with others who share your interests. Unfortunately the Rams haven't been a stellar team this past decade and beyond except for GSOT 1999-2001. If I may speculate, some people here feel that this is the equivalent of a scratching post for cats. That is their right as a fan, we have to ignore them and embrace those who see the light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually they will lose interest and go elsewhere or simply stop negative posts. We have to remember this is sports and everyone sees it their way. I still look forward to Rams dominance in the NFC West and a Super Bowl win.
    Go Rams!
    I live in St. Louis and have been a Rams fan since they arrived here and was a Big Red fan before that. I don't expect a fan forum to enhance my experience of 'fandom.' The St. Louis media tends to give our home teams passes on practically everything, but even some of the media (e.g. Bernie M. and others) have grown tired of the Rams inability to draft; to score in the FA market and to hire competent coaches. The Rams are fortunate that they aren't in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, or elsewhere. So, if the Rams perform well I'll post glowingly and if they don't I'll offer my opinion of their performance as I see it. I don't troll. I am honest and more than comfortable is someone disagrees with my analysis.
    live4ramin likes this.

  14. #14
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    the Rams inability to draft; to score in the FA market and to hire competent coaches.
    Isn't it great how on message boards you can speak in sweeping absolutes regardless of whether or not they are gross exaggerations?

  15. #15
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Isn't it great how on message boards you can speak in sweeping absolutes regardless of whether or not they are gross exaggerations?

    Bradford suxs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. From the Job Posting Board at Rams Park
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
  2. This has been the worst message board day ever
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: -09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
  3. Falcons Message Board
    By evil disco man in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. Saw this on a message board...
    By MsWistRAM in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -02-02-2002, 05:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •