Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Does posting on a message board enhance your fan experience?

Absolutely, I learned so much more about the game after I came here.

"I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Randart is offline Registered User

Having been here posting and reading for the last few months, I really enjoy the privilege of being a member with all you guys. I looked for a long time for a place besides the rams main site to find info and also to maybe express my own thoughts as I had done it in the past with a Hockey board. Being a LA Kings fan and had good times at that site as well. But always wanted to find a Rams site, as football was one of the first sports I was playing and watching in my youth. Now that I have gotten more and more active here I really enjoy the site and your thoughts and info as well as heartfelt opinions. Being passionate about the team for so many decades it is great to be here. Also in one of the fantasy leagues and that has been fun too. Thanks to all who make this site fun and possiable from Dez to the moderators and the rest of the crew! Your appreciated...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I live in St. Louis and have been a Rams fan since they arrived here and was a Big Red fan before that. I don't expect a fan forum to enhance my experience of 'fandom.' The St. Louis media tends to give our home teams passes on practically everything, but even some of the media (e.g. Bernie M. and others) have grown tired of the Rams inability to draft; to score in the FA market and to hire competent coaches. The Rams are fortunate that they aren't in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, or elsewhere. So, if the Rams perform well I'll post glowingly and if they don't I'll offer my opinion of their performance as I see it. I don't troll. I am honest and more than comfortable is someone disagrees with my analysis.

I look at this forum as a catharsis for people who don't live near other Rams fans and can vent/comment with other like minded fans. It's not much fun sitting in your living room talking to yourself...

I don't agree the Rams haven't drafted well. Many guys from the past 3-4 drafts- Laurinaitis, Bradford, Quinn, Brockers, Austin, etc. have either been productive or shown themselves to be future good players. We've even hit on a few low rounders (Richardson) who show promise. What we HAVEN'T done in the draft is find a big-time skill position player the equivalent of a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery or Demariyus Thomas. We must hope one of our current guys becomes that or draft someone who will, because you can't always hit on guys from small schools or think you're going to find a Jerry Rice in the 5th round.

The current coaches are guys who have had success elsewhere. The owner stated he wants to win and has spent money to achieve that end. The GM is a young guy who did a good job at his previous spot. I like the management and ownership situations and hope they are successful.

And living in the NJ/NY area where pro sports is EVERYTHING, I've often wondered what articles would be written about the Rams if they played here. It wouldn't be pretty. It is very much a "what have you done for me lately?" environment, and there is little tolerance for failure for any of the sports teams here. It's a mentality I've come to embrace, and that is reflected in some of my posts.
    MauiRam and Varg6 like this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I agree with Brokenwing, I have learned considerably more of the X's and O's since I got here. I enjoy the camaraderie, the differences of opinion, the humor and the thought provoking challenges. I don't really appreciate knee jerk reactions, name calling or simply not liking someone because you disagree with them, but that is ordinary in the playground of life.

As far as enhancing my "fan" experience this site has given me hope when there was very little, a place to commiserate and the ability to find solace in the fact that hope and draft picks spring enteral.

And for all of the above mentioned, and the Great Scotsman who started it, I am very grateful!
    Varg6 likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

macrammer is offline Registered User

Enhance my fan experience.......A winning season.....All kidding MOSTLY aside, I do find this board to be usually intelligent and thought provoking. I enjoy the news that is shared here. In the 80's and early 90's, I used to drive out of my way to a newspaper stand to buy the LA times just to see what was said about the Rams. But this is so much more convenient! I do often think Rams fans are somewhat used to the way things are and more patient then it would be in other markets. But that patience does help ground me

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Definitely. The chatroom on Sunday alone is like sitting in a virtual bar watching the game with fellow fans.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Of course ClanRam "enhances" my experience as a fan. If it didn't I wouldn't be a member, and I daresay the same goes for the rest of us. Of course there will be disagreement and occasional bickering now and then. It is part and parcel of the whole experience. We may argue all week about this or that, but come (Rams') game day - we are all 100% on the same page - each and every play. We cheer and jeer in unison. Those of you who have been fortunate enough to attend a ClanRam bash have experienced this in person.

Where I live, there are very few Ram fans - mostly whiners and hawk fans. Not only do I get to converse with other Ram fans here, this site in particular (for whatever reason) contains the densest population of articulate and football knowledgeable fans among the Ram forums that I am aware of.

NJR says it best IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I look at this forum as a catharsis for people who don't live near other Rams fans and can vent/comment with other like minded fans. It's not much fun sitting in your living room talking to yourself....
    fearsome foursome likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12