FBJunkie is offline Registered User

Does Ronald Bartell Excel in Year 3

I am a new member to the ClanRamForums and mkaing my first post regarding a player who I read a lot about coming out of college and prior to the 2005 NFL Draft - Ronald Bartell. This is a player who I would love to see make it in the NFL because of his desire to be a student of the game. Smart player with good measurables, and finished last season with a good game against the Vikings. Is this guy going to make a bigger leap in his third season?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Does Ronald Bartell Excel in Year 3

Depends. He sat the bench most of the season. I guess it depends if the coaches give him the chance to play or not.

Welcome to the clan FBJunkie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

itsguud is offline Registered User

Welcome to the CLan.

As far as Bartell being something. I don't think he'll ever be a strong starter. But I'm sure he could be a good fill in.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Bartell is one of the best young defenders on this team. The problem is.....he doesn't have an exact position just yet. He's been bounced back and forth between FS and CB the past two years, and he's yet to find a home. However, he finished the season very strong, and looks to push time at (my best guess) CB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I think Bartell is one of the best young defenders on this team. The problem is.....he doesn't have an exact position just yet. He's been bounced back and forth between FS and CB the past two years, and he's yet to find a home. However, he finished the season very strong, and looks to push time at (my best guess) CB.
    I agree. In the last few games he looked very strong. Particulary against Washington (He had about 5 tackles for a loss on the runningback), against Oakland looked very strong and of course against Minnesota.

I like what he brings to the table and hopefully he can continue the success.
    RamsFan16

viper is offline Registered User

I believe we saw only a glimpse of things to come from Bartell at the end of the season. In the future I expect him to be a big playmaker in the secondary. And the guy is fast...he runs like a gazelle!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Allthough Bartell sat most of the Season, when he did play he made a difference, he's like a ball hawk. He's a hybrid, so I think the Rams utalize him, and different spots on the field. Only thing I'm not really sure of is his williness to tackle and get dirtly. But what is working in his favor is the fact that the last few games he played in, we were a beast on defense. The one game he really shined in was the game against Minnesota.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I expect to make Bartell make an even bigger impact this year. Last year he came on extremely strong at the end of the year and hopefully he can make the same impact starting in game one this season.

Drew is offline Registered User

i think bartell is gonna be a huge star in the NFL i just hope and pray he has his best years with us!

i really didnt like atogwe and bartell having to go head to head on a D which needed to have as much talent as we could get on the field,im really hyped about our db core,i think all we are missing is a young toby wright,nothing against chavous; i like what he brings to the table but i want an SS that can really hurt people and put a truckload of fear into them when they got the ball in their hands!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Bartell has the attributes to be a major success in the NFL,he developed a lot last year.Lets hope he continues to improve even more next year...:l

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I think perhaps we should find a stronger SS as we'll love chavos but I almost wonder if he would be a better FS with our current staff, I always think of the FS as the leader of the DB's, and again with our staff I see chavos leading the youngsters.

Country is offline Registered User

I think that Bartell will start this year and have his growing pains, but he has size and speed for the CB position.

keith m. klink Guest

the rams drafted him because of his potential, as a cb who could play at safety because of his size and speed, HUbison and VIPER made a great point about being moved around and not having a position. but at the end of the year, he WAS the nickle back, and he will be there unless he unseats fakir brown. but he excelled because he was settled on a position, and i believe that he will be a major presence on the defense this year at CB. i think he is all done at safety with CHAVOUS, ATOGWE, CARTER, and ALSTON being put there. i beleive that a few years ago, ( like 2) our backfield was one of the worst in the league, now i think we are #8, i am very excited about this young backfield, now let's just keep them intact, and signed.