Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KingHigh is offline Registered User

Does Torry have anything left?

I noticed that his impact has been virtually non existent this year. He still makes plays, but there was a time when the Rams could keep him involved all game long and he could make teams pay.

I don't get to see him play every week. Has he lost a step? Will the return of Bulger and Jackson mean we get the old Torry back?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Does Torry have anything left?

No one on offense has had much of a chance to make an impact. Also Holt is still not 100% from his knee surgery. I suspect by next year Holt will be back tohis normal self.
    Just Fix It

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KingHigh View Post
    I noticed that his impact has been virtually non existent this year. He still makes plays, but there was a time when the Rams could keep him involved all game long and he could make teams pay.

I don't get to see him play every week. Has he lost a step? Will the return of Bulger and Jackson mean we get the old Torry back?
    Has he lost a step? Yes. Maybe two. Besides every athlete's number one nemesis, "father time", he's still not fully recovered from off-season surgery.

But don't forget, no WR is getting the ball with any regularity lately. Let's just say, Gus has had a little trouble finding the open receiver.

However, the return of Bulger should have some impact, if only because he always seemed to be one of Bulger's favorite targets. On the flip side, with Marc's health still an issue, and line protection definitely still an issue, it's questionable how involved Torry will be. If we have any chance of winning this game, Holt MUST be involved.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KingHigh View Post

It was pretty predictable to me that his production would continue to decline coming off knee surgery and his least productive season since he was a rookie.

So predictable that I proposed a trade that would've sent Torry to Detroit for they're number two pick, which of course would've netted us Calvin Johnson. At that time Shaun Rogers was also a part of the deal but I've forgotten what else I proposed we give up.

Anyway, most of you Ram fans that responded to that proposal shot it down, some even accusing me of blasphemy. I wonder how you all will feel if this is the best Torry Holt that we'll ever see again? Certainly is quite possible.

KingHigh is offline Registered User

OUch, doesn't sound good for Mr. Holt. He was an absolute production machine when he was at his best. It's hard to imagine him being anything less than what he is--a stud.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

There is such pressure and demand for teams to win NOW that long term is seldom thought of. Personally considering what Holt has done for the Rams and likely do, I would have paid him his $$$ and given him more time to recover.

I saw the Monday night game between the Giants/falcons....what was it 6 or 7 dropped balls on the falcon side? There are just darn few clutch WRs. Not every team is blessed with an ALL-PRO WR...let alone 2 of them. How many teams don't have probowl quality receivers?

Personally the Rams need to keep one foot in the present and one in the future. Holt can get the Rams back to another SUPERBOW that is if injury don't prematurely rob him of his talent.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

We are the Rams - we'll trade away anybody....

Eric Dickerson ring a bell?
    Cutting Ike Bruce last year ring a bell?
    Drowning Carroll Rosenbloom...well, you get the idea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

In the mess that is years offence, no-one is likely to shine. Torry least of all, as WR is a hard position to get the ball to when your O-line is banged up. Plus, he has that gimpy knee.

I see we've signed Travis Taylor, maybe that's a sign of impending rest for Torry?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Right now he is on pace for a 1000 yard season. While the O-Line recovers and mends together, Bulger gets healthy, Jackson comes back to keep the opposing D honest, he will have better games and will have an 1100+ yard season (which aint too shabby in my book)

Milan is offline Registered User

Torry's still on pace for 1000 yards and that's with a battered O-Line, backup Quarterback for 2 games, 2 of his WRs missing, and backup rookie RB in.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

keep in mind the 1000 yd season isn't the standard that it used to be,still very good but maybe not the measuring stick for a great season that pro bowlers use.I believe you only have to avg. 64 yds a game.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Holt has lost a step, but I think part of it is because he's still not healthy from his knee injury. Plus he hasn't had a chance to run deep routes because our O-line hasn't been able to protect our QB for that long.

djones39 is offline Registered User

Tory is still one of the Best, the entire team is struggling, and losing becomes an attidude, and a losing attitude is truly contagious, and all things look bad.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Does Holt have anything Left? Well, thats pending.....can the Linehan call plays to get him the ball.....can the O line protect Bulger and can Bulger get him the ball.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Sure he still has it. There's just too much crap in the soup, and the hand thats stirring it doesnt know whats cookin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast