r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The Dome Crowd On Sunday

This was my first game at the Ed and I was not sure what to expect from the crowd, especially the way things have been going lately, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know how it translated on TV or radio, but despite being far from a sellout, the noise and support levels were good. No one booed that I heard (with the exception of a mock boo from this large bearded guy sitting next to me) and most people stayed until the bitter end. The big thing for me was the fact that in the face of a sea of avid Browns fans, the home crowd never gave up their house, even when the going got rough.

Our ClanRam group got no complaints, even though we were pretty boisterous and did a lot of jumping around, stood up much of the time and screamed 'till we were hoarse.

As a crowd member, I can honestly say it was a very good experience.

ramsfan38 is offline Registered User

Re: The Dome Crowd On Sunday

Unfortunately, the TV cameras played up those fans wearing paper bags over their heads or with signs voicing their displeasure with the Rams. I guess they were more entertaining than true fans out there to support the team.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

I booed! I booed the Browns, and I booed the intentional grounding call, and I booed the pair of Browns fans just off to the right of the Clan in matching Quinn jerseys. My wife mentioned that at least she and I weren't matching.

I also booed in my own mind our offensive line not being able to get one stinking yard on 4th down. But at least I give Linny credit for doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I booed! I booed the Browns, and I booed the intentional grounding call, and I booed the pair of Browns fans just off to the right of the Clan in matching Quinn jerseys. My wife mentioned that at least she and I weren't matching.

I also booed in my own mind our offensive line not being able to get one stinking yard on 4th down. But at least I give Linny credit for doing it!
    Now there's a fan! Too bad you and your wife couldn't stay next to us Teke, I think you guys would have really added to the mix. I saw those Browns fans wearing the cute matching Quinn Jerseys too and was really looking forward to tormenting them later in the game, but alas, it was not meant to be.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I had the privilege of sitting next to Mike at the game. We always have a good time together. He understands me and puts up with my silly comments. The "Dawgs" were nervous most of the game, so we didn't have to take much guff off of them. We of course made fun of their "Here we go Brownies, here we go, ruff, ruff" chant. Lots of empty seats. I would say about an eighth of the crowd were Browns fans, but even so, they were pretty cool.

By the way....when we have a BASH....get your tickets through DEZ. I know it can be last minute and it will make you nervous, but we got excellent seats and all kinds of free stuff from the front office. We get to sit together and it makes for such a wonderful experience. So....DO NOT BUY YOUR OWN TICKETS FOR A BASH GAME.

P.S. Thanks DEZ for being my pal all weekend. Thanks to your beautiful wife for making me feel 10 years younger. Thanks to RamWraith for having such a marvelous daughter, gorgeous wife, and of course you big boy are all man! Thanks to AvengerRam for predicting that stupid 4th and six inches up the middle. Thanks to that couple I met on the plane that came to the BASH at my insistence and naming their first baby after me. Thanks to everyone else for making a memorable weekend for an old Irishman.

We also decided at this year's BASH that all future BASHES will be the first home game....period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Red you are all heart!! A big ol' Teddy Bear!

Unfortunately, I must have sat next to a bunch of bankers and computer analysts as most of them sat on their hands all game and filled their mouths with nachos. And there was entirely too much booing from so called "Ram fans" for their own team. Including a mother of a young fan encouraging it from her son. I came unglued.

I was not impressed by the presence at the Dome nor the fans. It was like being at a Vikings game. And what happen to all the good tailgating? They ruined the area around the Dome by putting up buildings and laying concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Red you are all heart!! A big ol' Teddy Bear!

Unfortunately, I must have sat next to a bunch of bankers and computer analysts as most of them sat on their hands all game and filled their mouths with nachos. And there was entirely too much booing from so called "Ram fans" for their own team. Including a mother of a young fan encouraging it from her son. I came unglued.

I was not impressed by the presence at the Dome nor the fans. It was like being at a Vikings game. And what happen to all the good tailgating? They ruined the area around the Dome by putting up buildings and laying concrete.
    Jason, next year just make sure your seats are in the ClanRam section!