Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: The Dome Ranked Worst Stadium in NFL

I found the EJD rather faceless. It was like a big airport hanger with a Rams helmet in the center. I wished they played in an open air stadium. I went to the Linc last year for the last game against the Bills and I don't care how cold it was- it was still so much more fun.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I was surprised that the Cardinal Stadium was so low, it is fairly new. Amazing. I also thought fed-Ex could have been a little higher, but then I remembered that I was thinking how they didn't didn't have very good scoreboards. I did like Seattle when I was there, except for all of the Seahawks fans. I could have done without them.

Anyway, list's like these are very time locked. Like Avenger said, a lot of people vote on these base on current issues. I remember Rolling Stone would put out Top 100 Rock Songs ever and have something from Lenny Kravitz because he had a top 100 song. Stoopid!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Are you kidding me, that mudhole next to the bay ranks higher than EJD. Now that's just plain funny, granted I've only been to 3 stadiums (Mudstick, Oakland & EJD) & by far last year at the mudhole was the worst experience I've ever had at any one of the stadiums. The Mudhole by the bay is worn down, falling down & smells like the mudhole that it is. Parking in this place is a pure nightmare & forget coming out, your there for hours. And the fans, now granted I'm an opposing fan but I've always been told that Raider fans were the worst, in my experience whiner fans are the worst, most overrated whining bunch of bandwagon fans of all. The Mudhole ranked higher than the EJD, PLEASE.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    The ranking is based on the total fan experience at the stadium, that's why ticket prices, tailgating, food quality & price, atmosphere, team quality, and accessability go into it...it's not ranking the actual building itself, but what kind of experience a fan can expect.

The lowlight of the Rams ranking was the fans answer to this question:

What is the worst incident you have witnessed against an opposing fan or yourself at the ballpark?

"Home fans are outnumbered, so opposing fans usually have a great time, not to mention their team is normally winning by 30 points. It's got to be the best place in the NFL to watch a road game."

"Are you kidding? This is the Rams we are talking about. No one cares. The only time they fill up more than half the stadium is when they play an opposing team with a large local fan base (see: Packers, Steelers). That said, one time I heard a guy yell 'Steelers suck' it was pretty intense."

"The last couple of years, so many visiting fans show up, they end up heckling the Rams fans."
    Winning and championships, takes care of most fan problems. And yes, STEELERS do Suck!!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Why is the quality of the team relevant to the ranking of the stadium?

Does that mean that the EJD was a great stadium from 1999-2001? Its the same building.

I've been to four current NFL stadiums: EJD, Dolphins Stadium, Raymond James (Tampa) and AllTel (Jacksonville). Each has its good and bad points. As a general rule, I prefer open air stadiums, but I'm not sure I'd feel that way in late December.
    Well from 1999-2001 we actually had more rams fans then opposing team fans at the dome, which affects atmosphere of the stadium.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Well from 1999-2001 we actually had more rams fans then opposing team fans at the dome, which affects atmosphere of the stadium.
    Somehow I doubt the St. Louis Rams have ever experienced a minority interest in a home game. I know some fans, including in this link, are throwing around anecdotal hyperbole, but it can't be taken literally. Sure there are games where other teams (Bears, Packers, Steelers) have had huge crowds, but somehow I doubt there were actually more of them unless the count was taken late in the 4th quarter. Now that I might believe.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12