chipperjones is offline Registered User

Dominique Byrd question

Do you think with the addition of McMichael, that he could be cut? I don't think he should. He is very athletic, so I feel we should give him a shot at FB. He could be a pass catching FB out of the backfield. I feel we should move Big Byrd there and let him compete with Madison Hedgeclippers for the job. What do you think?

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Re: Dominique Byrd question

Bigger question is he looking at a suspension from the league. With the 1 year suspension for Pacman and 8 game suspension for Henry, the league is sending a message to all of its players. Granted, Byrd's has not reach the notoriety of the other two, but it looks like the league is going to be a lot harder on itís players.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont think byrd at fullback is realistic. Its an entirely new position and i dont see that transition as feasible in the short run. I think walker is a pretty good blocker and i think that we will try to trade byrd if we can. I agree that the suspension issue is hanging around out there and is not a good thing. Could byrd play the H Back spot from time to time? I really dont know.

In the end, byrd could be cut, but i think we will make every effort to trade him and i wouldnt be entirely stunned if we kept him as the third tight end over walker.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

In the end, byrd could be cut, but i think we will make every effort to trade him and i wouldnt be entirely stunned if we kept him as the third tight end over walker.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    If Randy's blocking is as good as it's purported to be, Walker could be the odd man out, however, Byrd has to be on thin ice and must really do a "sell" job on the Rams FO and coaching staff. If they can't trade him, I could easily see the Rams literally cutting their loss, and moving on with one less distraction ...

Rams4life1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Do you think with the addition of McMichael, that he could be cut? I don't think he should. He is very athletic, so I feel we should give him a shot at FB. He could be a pass catching FB out of the backfield. I feel we should move Big Byrd there and let him compete with Madison Hedgeclippers for the job. What do you think?
    I thought about that. Because he is kinda short for a TE at 6-2. I don't think Byrd gets cut at all now, But if he is involved in something else then probably.

That would be a ton of weapons on the field at one time, the only problem is Byrd is a lousy blocker. So maybe H-back would be his best position, like another posted stated in an earlier post.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

The question now is will he be cut because of the new player conduct policy, it penalizes the clubs now along with the players, along with the Rams being fined they could lose cap space. If he's just going to be a problem there's no point in having him since he doesn't contribute a lot.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    This isn't based on his "Madden" rating when he's moved to FB is it?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

We should move Jon Alston to DEnd too!