AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don Banks - You're on the list!!!!

In his article on CNNSI.com, he predicts that the Seahawks will win the West with an 8-8 record, while the Rams will lose their remaining games and go 6-10.

Remind me to send him an email when the Rams win the division.

Any other "experts" that need to go on the list?

Re: Don Banks - You're on the list!!!!

Well, the Rams may not have won the Division, but Banks was dead wrong.

So... would you like to read the entire content of his apology from his columns this morning? Well, here it is:

Nice to have a job with no accountability, isn't it, Don?

Meanwhile, Peter King continued the SI anti-Rams sentiment by selecting as Offensive-Player-of-the-Week... not Marc Bulger, who passed for 450 yards and 3 TDs in a must win game, but... Tiki Barber?!?!?! (who had a pedestrian 24 carries for 95 yards in a meaningless game).

Nice objective journalism there, guys!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Let's face it, the media is NOT fond of the Rams. They are the ugly step child of the NFL.

It would be very nice if this turns into a cinderella story......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SeaTown Guest

If I was a member of the media, I wouldn't like a team run by Mike Martz either. What a maroon. How can he constantly knock his players the way he does in the media and never, not once take any responsibility when things go wrong?

Most NFL coaches after a tough loss:

"We didn't execute. Our defense wasn't able to hold them when we needed to. The offense needs to improve on third downs. We'll work on these things in practice all week long."

Mike sMartz:

"These players stink. Our quarterbacking was awful. Our defensive lineman are garbage. I don't know what's wrong with these idiots. I need use my offensive genius to fix these horrible players. It's everybodies fault but mine. How dare you question me."

I really have a hard time believing that Turley is the first player to say that he's gonna kill Martz. How can you play for am ego maniac like that guy?

--------------------------------------------------------

As for the article. You were right. He was wrong. But not thanks to yous guyses.

GO HAWKS!!!

tanus is offline Registered User

hey SeaTown, instead of looking like a complete moron, just keep your mouth shut when it comes to stuff you have absolutely no idea about. martz has taken the blame numerous times. why dont you go worry about your cry baby RB and his missing the rushing title by 1 yard.

SeaTown Guest

Hey tanus, why don't you take your diaper off and learn to take a joke. Don't be so sensy poo man. Most of your own fans loathe the dude. I know a bunch of Ram fans (there's a lot of transplant LA people in Seattle) and they all hate the guy. I read your board fairly often as well and have seen what has been said. So don't give me any crap about not talking about what I have no clue of. With today's media, the internet(stl newspapers), the NFL network, espn, etc you don't need to live in a city to know what's going on buddy. If anything living somewhere does nothing more than cloud your judgement from all the homeristic viewpoints.

As for SA. If you are trying to offend me or make me man, sorry. The guy was an absolute moron for saying what he said. Come on over to Seahawks.net and find out for yourself how Hawk fans feel. Shaun saying stupid things doesn't affect the fact that he's about to run all over the Rams vaunted defense. So sorry.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    If I was a member of the media, I wouldn't like a team run by Mike Martz either. What a maroon. How can he constantly knock his players the way he does in the media and never, not once take any responsibility when things go wrong?

Most NFL coaches after a tough loss:

"We didn't execute. Our defense wasn't able to hold them when we needed to. The offense needs to improve on third downs. We'll work on these things in practice all week long."

Mike sMartz:

"These players stink. Our quarterbacking was awful. Our defensive lineman are garbage. I don't know what's wrong with these idiots. I need use my offensive genius to fix these horrible players. It's everybodies fault but mine. How dare you question me."

I really have a hard time believing that Turley is the first player to say that he's gonna kill Martz. How can you play for am ego maniac like that guy?

--------------------------------------------------------

As for the article. You were right. He was wrong. But not thanks to yous guyses.

GO HAWKS!!!
    "He stabbed me in the back, cause I'm his *****"

Very impressive Mr. Alexander! We can see that your *****, the Walrus Holmgren, has everything under control up there in ctown.

Seatown, the probowler, of Team Moron.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    Most of your own fans loathe the dude. I know a bunch of Ram fans and they all hate the guy.
    Interesting....

Living in the state of Washington, surrounded by seahawks fans, I'd be lying if I said I have heard a bunch of seahawks fans say they love Mike Holmgren.

Fans of every team are always griping about the head coach at one time or another. Personally, I don't read much into it. Over-reaction, from the fans, simply comes with the territory.

:ramlogo:

of course, just mindless crap spewing for your mouth. i could really care less if some "fans" hate mike martz. if they hate mike martz, then i feel sorry for them for not realizing what mike martz has done for RAMS football.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Tanus ,What happen to that Singing freak you had as your Icon or whatever you call it!( was it wong or something) Martz did good things for the Rams when he was not the Main focus, Since then ,I'm not so sure. But the Seapickle Fan needs to focus on his own seadwelling Walrus! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

SeaTown, the problem with your post is not that it was critical of Martz (heck, we criticize him all the time around here). Rather, it was that your criticism was so far off the mark. You suggested that the following is a Martz-like quote:

That does not sound like Martz at all. Rather, Martz has a tendancy to diffuse deserved criticism of his players and to be way too candid about his own miscues.

So, here's a tip. Next time you come to a board occupied by a number of knowledgeable fans and try to take a shot at their team's coach, it might be a good idea to actually read up on the coach so you don't end up coming accross as an ignorant buffoon.

Unless, of course, you are a practicing orthodox ignorant buffoon, in which case I apologize for disparaging your religion.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Tanus ,What happen to that Singing freak you had as your Icon or whatever you call it!( was it wong or something) Martz did good things for the Rams when he was not the Main focus, Since then ,I'm not so sure. But the Seapickle Fan needs to focus on his own seadwelling Walrus! :tongue:
    It was William Hung and I don't know what he is up to these days.

As far as Martz goes, I love the guy. It took me a while to come to this but I just love how different he is and how I see the players react to him. I wonder how different everyone's opinion would be of the guy if the RAMS had won the Super Bowl against the Patriots.

SeaTown Guest

Fans of every team are always griping about the head coach at one time or another. Personally, I don't read much into it. Over-reaction, from the fans, simply comes with the territory.
    Agreed. There are plenty of Holmgren haters, trust me. The only difference is Martz is bashed and mocked league wide, on ESPN, by reporters, etc. Also he is just so odd is in style of coaching. It's befuddling. Watching him manage his time outs and challenge meaningless plays is a strange thing.

I will extend the olive branch on this one. I have my own opinions of Martz, you have yours. Neither is going to convert the other. Let's let it die without getting petty and insulting eachother. That is not my intent. So you can give the personal attacks a rest.

But as for debating the game and the teams, I'm all up for it. I welcome some good debate. Let's try to be mature though please. If you don't like what I say, tell me like a big kid. No need to sling mud and get childish.

This should be a great game. I'm excited as I sure you all are as well. Should be fun.

GO HAWKS!!!