Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Donnie Avery or DeSean Jackson? Bad luck or bad draft?

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Well considering most "experts" had Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, and James Hardy rated above Jackson, I don't get any of these revisionist articles. They all had skill, but no one knew Jackson would be the best of the bunch.
    I've found more than a few resources that would disagree, but arguing about pre-draft rankings is going to get us off track.

Your original comment read as if the five teams that passed on Jackson for other receivers didn't that Jackson would be as good as he is. I'm simply pointing out that there's no way of knowing that; it's entirely possible they thought Jackson would be very good but didn't want to put up with his attitude or didn't think his size/skills fit their system.

Just because they passed doesn't necessarily mean they didn't think he would be good or even great.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Guys relax... Seriously. Front offices under and over value players all the time. We all read the article at Yahoo saying that Saffold deserves to be the number 4 pick in last year's draft. Just focus on the positives....

Last 3 drafts for the Rams:

Round 1 - Chris Long

Round 1 - Jason Smith
    Round 2 - Laurinaitis
    Round 3 - Bradley Fletcher

Round 1 - Sam Bradford
    Round 2 - Saffold
    Round 3 - Jerome Murphy

This is how you rebuild a team the right way!!!!!!
    You hit on your 1,2 and 3 picks and then swing for the fences on the rest, BPA or depth needs whatever is best for the situation. Look at all of those impact players we have drafted with the new Front Office. We are on the right track and have the right people in place to get us there.

We all know the last regime couldnt draft, coach or do anything for that matter. I wouldnt trust them with tieing my shoeless for F***'s sakes. There is no point to beat the horse, its already dead and gone.

JUST CHILL AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I figured him being knocked senseless like a little kid from that concussion hit would have knocked some sense into him...
    When I saw that I jumped off the couch and cheered! Then I saw how bad it was for both of them and felt kind of bad. But then I realized it Jackson so that quickly went away

Trevor is offline Registered User

Jackson is becoming a little diva that T.O and Ocho is.. I just don't like his before the TD celebrations..

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Jackson is becoming a little diva that T.O and Ocho is.. I just don't like his before the TD celebrations..
    Wait till he tries showboating against us, and Laurinaitis pounds him into the ground.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Jackson is such an idiot. How much I hate that guy and the Eagles I cannot explain. Anyway, I feel like this will be Avery's breakout year. He has had some serious injury problems so far. But there is no denying that he isn't a talented player. He brings us exactly what Jackson brings the Eagles. I am sure with Bradford back there he will explode this year. Especially if we get another receiver via FA or draft to take a lot of attention and be a true #1.

YouTube - DeSean Jackson Gets HIT HARD by Dunta Robinson

Eh DeSean you wanna showboat again? Thank you Dunta Robinson.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -12-21-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Wait till he tries showboating against us, and Laurinaitis pounds him into the ground.

I can see Cortland Finnegan winning a fight against that little scoundrel.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Heck of a player, but Jackson portrays by his actions that he is a class A douchebag.

He's getting to the point where I can't stand him, and want to see him look like a moron on one of his pre td celebrations.

It bothering more so because of the fact it has already cost him in his rookie season, yet he continues to do this.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Hell it cost him in a HS season and he still does it. Dude doesn't learn.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Avery was the right call at the time, but its safe to say now that DeSean Jackson would have been the better pick. Sure, his numbers would not be as good as they are now in Philly, but the kid is proving to be a real playmaker.

And to the people complaining about Jackson's "showboating", I'm just gonna say that Avery has danced and showboated before too, except he's done it while we were winless and losing by 30 points.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -12-21-2010 at 04:18 AM.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    STOP THE PRESS!!! Jackson is also benefactor of other talent around him and a mobile QB. I wouldn't yet indict Avery as a bust!!! Avery is fast and talented he just had some bad luck. Another draft and free agency believe me this guy will be exciting, once other players can give him an opportunity to free up. Even if he was healthy this year teams would keep close tabs on him because other than SJax what other threat do we have. NEXT YEAR is gonna be our breakout barring players lockout.
    I predict he won't be and will be spending significant time on the sideline nursing some injury or other. He might have some God gifted physical abilities, but that is only one aspect of a successful career. If Avery has a breakout season with the Rams, that will be the single biggest surprise possible imo.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    And to the people complaining about Jackson's "showboating", I'm just gonna say that Avery has danced and showboated before too, except he's done it while we were winless and losing by 30 points.
    Some of Avery's showboating at times were questionable, but I would much rather prefer him to showboat and try to get his teammates and the fans pumped up after he scores, rather than showboat and mock the other team BEFORE he reaches the endzone.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I would much rather prefer him to showboat and try to get his teammates and the fans pumped up after he scores
    Like that time he pushed his teammate out of the way so he could dance by himself in front of the camera after scoring?

I don't know. Taunting is taunting. Some people hate seeing it in any form, some people, like me, don't really care if a millionaire football player is taunted by another millionaire football player. I'm just saying that whenever DeSean "showboats", his team tends to be winning. I can remember multiple occasions where Avery busted a move while his team was losing. Showboating while losing is embarrassing, showboating while winning? Do something about it.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

So because Donnie Avery DANCES when he scored he is taunting the other team? No, hes celebrating the fact that he had just scored. This is quite similar to Mr Steven Jackson. He has a TD celebration that he does after every TD...its a celebration not a taunt. On the other hand, when you run 91 yards and stop on the one to turn around and drop into the endzone on your back while holding out the ball...thats showboating..and when you return a punt and instead of running in u hold out the ball and run across the 1 yard line.

That guy is a piece of $*** and I'd take Avery over him anyday.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

This personally reminds me of an episode of south park where my favorite character of season 14 "Captain Hindsight" makes an appearance and goes on to show up right after disasters to tell people what they should have done after it no longer matters and there is nothing that could be done about it.l

You never KNOW what a player will do and out of all of the receivers taken before Jackson Avery is still the second most productive out of the bunch behind Royal. Who knows what he can do with a team like the Eagles or even a team that can win more than two games. Avery hasn't even got to experience a team that can do that.

Judging is way too premature because they haven't nearly been afforded the same opportunities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast