Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Don't be afraid to push that red button when you read this ...

I like to look at myself as a true Ram's fan. I got mad when things aren't going well, I get excited when they are. I yell at the TV when the coaches make bad decisions, and want to stangle whoever is in site when someone makes a stupid mistake. With that said, I'll never understand about 75% of the posters here. I always thought boards like this were for diehards. Yet, so many here seem to be fair weather. I still get as excited for gameday being 0-4 as I would have if we were 4-0. I still yelled at the TV, intensely as ever, hoping to God that the more boisterous I got, the more heart my team would have. I felt a sense of excitement the entire game despite knowing that there is little hope remaining for a postseason appearance. I come to the board after the game, hoping to share in some of the excitement with my fellow fans, only to see things like this:

"I can't believe how vanilla the gameplan is"
    "Fire Linehan now!"
    Applications to SLOP
    Saw a sign in the EJD that said "I Believe ... We Stink"
    "Witherspoon knocking out Leinart is definitely not a positive"
    "We could go 0-16"
    "Who are we gonna draft next year with the #1 pick"
    "Blah! Blah! Blah!"
    "The players have obviously given up on Linehan"
    "#1 positive, 11 games till its over"

Come on people. We have to be stricken by one of the most intense injury waves I've ever seen and still almost defeated a team that just came off a victory over the Steelers, despite some of the worst officiating in league history.

Kurt who? What did he do? 14-28, 190, 1 TD, 1 INT. He was no better than Leinart, and had Lenny Walls not stood around looking silly, that last drive by Frerotte might have been to tie the game. Warner looked VERY ordinary outside of the first no huddle drive on this game, much so to the fact that he was 9-23 after that first drive. I hear alot of grumbles about our secondary troubles, but I think 21-41, 281, 1 TD, 2 INT with not alot of pressure from the front four is a pretty solid day.

May I introduce FAKHIR BROWN - 9 tackles, 2 INT, 6 Passes Defensed. Yet nobody is talking about this guy? Why would we talk about positives?

Linehan took over the reigns, but he sucked right? We only racked up 375 yards, 24 first downs, and 31 points against a very good defense. But Linehan's play calling sucks right? That's not much of an improvement from the 260 yards and 9.5 PPG we had in the first four games. Don't worry though. The detractors and SLOP will always have an excuse for why this happened, and it certainly won't be because Linehan actually made ADJUSTMENTS and coached a DECENT game.

Lots of complaints about the defense and how they've regressed since the first three games. Numbers don't always tell the story. The defense played pretty solid all day yesterday. MAJOR INTENSITY AND HITTING BY THIS GROUP, but few around here seemingly appreciate the HEART. Witherspoon was a monster with 14 tackles and we already talked about Fakhir. How about Carriker's blocked punt? How about Bartell playing all over and continually being on receivers like glue. Decent pressure from the front four, just not quite getting to the QB. The scheme was different his week. We played bend but dont break in the first half, and played balls out in the second. The offense kept it close, and you clearly saw the upshift in intensity as the game wore on. Very solid game by this unit, particularly in holding the Cards to 88 yards in the second half. 88 YARDS PEOPLE!!! WE SHOULD HAVE BLOWN THEM AWAY.

How about Pisa? How come nobody is talking about him. He was flying all over the place yesterday, looking like the play maker he used to be. Pure intensity ...

Brian Leonard was a stud. He was majorly improved over last week, making cuts and being patient in the backfield. This guy is a gamer ...

The offensive line held their own. I think Richie makes a huge difference here despite his penalties. We have to calm this guy down.

Dante Hall hasn't lost a step!

Todd Johnson looked great. I hope he isn't out long term ....

Donnie Jones is the BEST punter in the league ...

Held Edge to 88 yards on 26 carries, but our run defense sucks right?

I can go on and on about the positives from this game. If Frerotte was deadly inaccurate, we could have blown them out of the water ...

Baltimore next week huh? They looked horrible against the *****. They definitely won't beat us with their offense, they are going to have to score defensively ...

Looks like Jackson and Hill could be back next week.

The intensity is their, and I think this team finally believes they can win. Strangely enough, I do.

And for those who think the players have quit on Linehan, actually watch a game before you spout off again. There was not a single guy out there who quit yesterday ...

I could make this post longer and longer, but I'll stop. I actually hope it makes people mad, and hope some feelings get hurt. Don't be afraid to take away rep points from me: I certainly didn't have to worry about that not happening last week ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-08-2007 at 11:19 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Don't be afraid to push that red button when you read this ...

Hats off to you RamsInfiniti. Very well said. Positive reps without question.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i agree with you totally

We were missing our Pro Bowl QB Marc Bulger, our Pro Bowl RB Steven Jackson, our Pro Bowl LT Orlando Pace, our Hall of Fame WR Isaac Bruce. We have our starting Left guard out for the season (Setterstrom), as is one of our back up tackles (Goldberg). The other wont play til november (Steussie). We have a center starting at guard (McCollom) and a guard starting at tackle (Brown).
    We were also missing our very promising young CB (Hill), and our starting safety (Chavous).

Not only that, but we lost our 4th WR and KR/PR to injury (D. Hall), aswell as losing our two back up safeties (Carter and Johnson). This forced us to move one of the CBs that started the game to safety (Bartell)

yet despite all this, our offense manages to put up 31 points and only loses the game once the onside kick is recovered in the last few seconds of the game. whats not promising about that?

One other thing ...

It's hard to translate through the TV, but it seemed like the EJD was rocking for the most part during the game! The intensity fed through the fans. I loved the ovation that Kurt got when he came into the game, which turned into immediate deafening boos when he completed his first pass.

I still believe!!

Truth is offline Registered User

There were some positives in the game. Brown played an exceptional game.

The fact that Linehan had to take over play calling against a marginal team to get us to move does not give him any brownie points. Did he choose an OC that didn't understand how to manage the offensive scheme??

As for being a "diehard" fan, I've been a Rams fan since 1965. I've lived and died with this team each and every Sunday. I can't speak for others, but the reason I am vocal about the leadership of this team is that I don't want a return to the '90s. I will argue, scream, complain, or anything else I can do as a fan to keep this team from regressing all the way back to the bottom of the NFL barrel. Do you know how many winning seasons we've had in the last 17 years? FOUR!!! That's rght, four seasons. And they were exciting too. When you've been a fan as long as I have, and you see the pattern of self-destruction rearing it's ugly head again, you feel compelled to point it out. Not to lament, but to try to stop it from happening.

I find Linehans team to be uninspired. I know, I know, we've had terrible luck with injuries. I have yet to see enough evidence that this team (including the coaching staff) has not given in to this rhetoric. That's not to say that I won't believe it if I see it. I just haven't yet.

So, while I appreciate and admire your positive outlook, you need to understand why other fans might be seeing red at this point in time.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    There were some positives in the game. Brown played an exceptional game.

The fact that Linehan had to take over play calling against a marginal team to get us to move does not give him any brownie points. Did he choose an OC that didn't understand how to manage the offensive scheme??

As for being a "diehard" fan, I've been a Rams fan since 1965. I've lived and died with this team each and every Sunday. I can't speak for others, but the reason I am vocal about the leadership of this team is that I don't want a return to the '90s. I will argue, scream, complain, or anything else I can do as a fan to keep this team from regressing all the way back to the bottom of the NFL barrel. Do you know how many winning seasons we've had in the last 17 years? FOUR!!! That's rght, four seasons. And they were exciting too. When you've been a fan as long as I have, and you see the pattern of self-destruction rearing it's ugly head again, you feel compelled to point it out. Not to lament, but to try to stop it from happening.

I find Linehans team to be uninspired. I know, I know, we've had terrible luck with injuries. I have yet to see enough evidence that this team (including the coaching staff) has not given in to this rhetoric. That's not to say that I won't believe it if I see it. I just haven't yet.

So, while I appreciate and admire your positive outlook, you need to understand why other fans might be seeing red at this point in time.
    I saw a team with renewed intensity this week. I saw some massive hitting in this game. If you want to see how inspired a team is, look at the special teams play. They've been great ...

No one is giving up, not that I can see. I saw fired up players all around ....

Oh yea, by the way, how about Al Roberts, you know, that horrible decision Linehan made when he hired his friend. That hasn't worked out at all has it ....

17th in kickoff return average, 4th in punt return average, 7th in kick return average against, 25th in punt return average against ...

The punt return statistic is on Donnie Jones :-) You have a 54 yard punting average, you are bound to have some longer returns. His net is still over 40 yards ...

And many, many, many head coaches have fired their offensive coordinators over the years and taken over the play calling with success. It's not always a good friend, and Linehan is trying to right the ship in that regard. Even when he makes a change, he gets heat ...

Face it, those who hate Linehan will always hate Linehan. Those who want Linehan to fail will always want Linehan to fail. A "I told you so" type of person is always an "I told you so" type of person ...

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I saw a team with renewed intensity this week. I saw some massive hitting in this game. If you want to see how inspired a team is, look at the special teams play. They've been great ...

Oh yea, by the way, how about Al Roberts, you know, that horrible decision Linehan made when he hired his friend. That hasn't worked out at all has it ....

17th in kickoff return average, 4th in punt return average, 7th in kick return average against, 25th in punt return average against ...

The punt return statistic is on Donnie Jones :-) You have a 54 yard punting average, you are bound to have some longer returns. His net is still over 40 yards ...

And many, many, many head coaches have fired their offensive coordinators over the years and taken over the play calling with success. It's not always a good friend, and Linehan is trying to right the ship in that regard. Even when he makes a change, he gets heat ...

Face it, those who hate Linehan will always hate Linehan. Those who want Linehan to fail will always want Linehan to fail. A "I told you so" type of person is always an "I told you so" type of person ...
    1st of all, I DON'T want Linehan to fail. His failure means Rams losses. 2nd, one game of better play against a marginal team does not make-up for how poorly this team has performed. 3rd, If you recall, Linehan gave up play calling because he couldn't manage both HC and OC jobs. 4th, No one is complaining about the special teams performance this year. However, I'd rather have our HC be able to select a good OC than a STC. If this team improves week by week (I'm not saying they have to win, just show marked improvement), then I think Linehan has earned more time. However, if the slide continues, management should be open to exploring ALL options.

If a coach like Bill Cowher shows any interest in coaching the Rams (I doubt it seriously), then that should be pursued vigorously. I don't like to change coaches at the drop of a hat. I remeber many fans calling for Vermeils head in 1998. What would have happened if we had changed coaching staff prior to 1999? I will maintain a wait-and-see atitude.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

The Cards are hardly marginal. They have a good defense and a pretty solid offense. They beat Pittsburgh, who came back and made very short work of the Seachickens. Seems that the Cards have as good a shot of winning this division as Seattle does, particularly now that Warner has the reigns. The Cards were definitely better than any team we've faced so far, other than the Cowboys ....

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

No brownie points? The Cardinals have the 14th ranked total defense in the NFL. What does this guy have to do? People scream for offensive production and when Linehan takes over and gets it, it means nothing??

As for Olson, he seemed to know how to manage the offensive scheme last year. Could it be that a team desimated with injuries might have had some effect on what Olson has been able to do?

I find Linehans team to be uninspired. I know, I know, we've had terrible luck with injuries. I have yet to see enough evidence that this team (including the coaching staff) has not given in to this rhetoric.
    You have obviously not been paying attention. If Marc Bulger playing with broken ribs behind a horrible OL doesn't qualify as inspiring, nothing does. I guess we won't even get into what Spoon, Brown, Leonard, Carriker, etc. did yesterday.

Milan is offline Registered User

Went ahead and gave you rep points. I loved the playcalling, aside from maybe one drive. The intensity from the players was great, as was the intensity from Linehan.

I liked almost every part of that team yesterday.

viper is offline Registered User

I thought there was alot to like about the game as well. I think Linehan made the right adjustments to get us more competitive. Hopefully, this will continue as we get more of our injured players back. Nice post, Ramsinfinity.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Your first post was very well said. (I agree with this post also btw)

You touched on something I said yesterday, it's very easy to say "I told you so" and I agree generally an "I told you so" type person will always be an "I told you so" type person.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

you have to remember that most fans like to moan

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

if we can go 8-3 for the next 11, 8-8 could get us in as a wildcard. Until we are 0-9 I aint goina give up. Lets go Rams.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

One other thing ...

It's hard to translate through the TV, but it seemed like the EJD was rocking for the most part during the game! The intensity fed through the fans. I loved the ovation that Kurt got when he came into the game, which turned into immediate deafening boos when he completed his first pass.

I still believe!!
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't remember a time the dome sounded so loud. Props to the STL fans for that. Keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast