RamTime Guest

Don't get pissed off now. You created this monster

Carolina could have sat down in straight jackets and the rams would have done their best to score points for them. When Dr. Frankenstein created his monster he later found it revolting. We should consider ourselves Dr. Frankenstein. And the Monster we created? Mike Martz of course. The praise and accolades along with the covering up of his flaws over the past 5 years were the electricity needed to keep the monster alive. Now we are smack dab in the middle of a playoff race and like cadavers we want the monster to die. It was the talent over the past 5 years that gave us the illusion that our monster was good. Conversely the lack of talent is now the reason why we find the monster revolting. So we have failed to realize the monsters shortcomings in the past and now are blaming the lack of talent on the monster. Hopefully most will see the absurdity in this. As I have stated in the recent past, itís time we stand by our creation because if we drive a stake through him now when we still have a shot at the playoffs then we will be left with a bad monster and a bad team. Sure when the season ends we should consider doing what should have been done years ago and rid the village of the monster. Right now this monster is all we have so lets just get this thing into the playoffs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RamTime; -12-12-2004 at 10:19 PM. Reason: graphic

talkstoangels61 Guest

Re: Don't get pissed off now. You created this monster

I hope i'm wrong but,i'm not sure we are going to make the playoffs!
    and before any one decides to reply to this remark!
    There is not a fan alive that could be more of a diehard than myself and any of you but, If MM cannot summons this team up as a whole we will be home for the playoffs! It all starts at the top! Look at the Redskins..............on paper the last few years they should be world beaters but, without a motivating leader they are not there!

Okay ,let me add this not involving football but,in the summer when we coach we do not ever get the Best players yet we always win the league ! Why because we the coaches motivate and yell and pratice until they get it right! There's nothing like getting someone to believe in themself! and im not patting myself on the back at all because it takes more than one person it also takes the team! We out coach the better teams year after year!

IMHPO a coach needs to have alot of fire in his eyes and MM doesnt have it impo

Yodude is offline Registered User

Damn...where the hell did I put my torch and pitchfork.....I know I left there here somewhere thinking I'd need them this season before it was all said and done.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't get pissed off now. You created this monster-frankenstein1931016.jpg  
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

RamTime Guest

Okay ,let me add this not involving football but,in the summer when we coach we do not ever get the Best players yet we always win the league ! Why because we the coaches motivate and yell and pratice until they get it right! There's nothing like getting someone to believe in themself! and im not patting myself on the back at all because it takes more than one person it also takes the team! We out coach the better teams year after year!
    The first year I managed a little league team in an unfamiliar part of town I knew none of the returning players and had to rely on 4 ground balls, 4 swings of the bat and a few pop fly's in the league tryouts to draft my team from. Needless to say my team (The Rocky's) did not have the cream of the crop as far as talent.

We practiced every day except Sundays and until the league put a stop to the every days. by the time the season started my players were friends. They were spending the night at each others house and believed they were the best team in the league. I did my damndest to drive home the point that they were the team to beat. Their first practice game we loaded the bases and my cleanup hitter hit a grand slam HR. (Just how I drew it up).

Even though They lost their first regular season game they went on to win the next 8 games. Most of those teams had more talent then we did. It was that 8th game when we took over 1st place beating the president of the leagues team. (which was also the team we lost our only game to)

In those days the league president had the power to remove any manager without an ok from little league head quarters. So immediately following the game I was relieved as manager of the Rocky's. Their reason? I was to competitive.

Nothwithstanding every single parent of the players on my team coming together calling a meeting with the league president asking for reinstatement and the Rocky's wearing their shirts backwards during the final games in protest, I was never reinstated. That team lost 5 of their next 6 games and finished middle of the pack. So can a coach or manager motovate a team? I think so.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Great story, RamTime...and very relevant I might add!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster