Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamTime Guest

Don't get wrapped up in this loss

Sure the defense looked bad
    Yes Bulger lost the ball in the endzone and it broke our backs
    Yes the score was lopsided

On the surface it looks bad however Vick is capable of making defenses look 2nd rate. I wish the Rams had done with Archuleta like the Eagles did with Jevon Kearse Vs Minnestota on Monday Night Football. The plan of bringing Archuleta up as a linebacker to spy Vick was brought to my attention by Avenger during the game however I did not see the Rams try it. Too bad because watching Kearse Spy Culpepper tonight seemed effective. (Good call Avenger)

The ball bulger lost in the endzone was not his fault. Pace thought he had his man blocked around the outside of Bulger and the guy just happened to stick his hand out and found a football. Thats all there is to that play.

The score was lopsided however some bad fortune along with penalties is what aided that margin of victory. The Rams showed heart by battling back in the 3rd quarter but it just was not to be.

Finally, give the Falcons credit where credit is due. The played a great game and would not be denied. No team would have beaten Atlanta on their turf on that day.

New Orleans will be different!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Don't get wrapped up in this loss

As much as I want to get bent out of shape about the Atlanta game, it's just too early. There were some bad breaks that gave the Falcons the victory, but in my eyes, the Rams were still the better team despite the poor play and execution. The Saint game will show just how resilient and able Martz and Co. are in making adjustments and putting a painful loss behind them.

New Orleans is a middle of the road team that we need to take care of. Getting the defense and running game on track against the Saints will go a long way to setting us back on course.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

For starters this is the Falcons , whom probably won't even make the playoffs. I saw this last year when Bulger could really only step up against lower class teams to win! I myself don't beleive in Vick making D's look bad, you play him accorrdingly ---No exuses. Beat him from the start! I'm a big ram fan, but because I see the flaws , doesn't mean i'm jumping ship! Get a grip, this team is looking bad and Martz needs to get a hold on this quick! I give Bulger 2 more weeks and that is it! Most of you would be blaming Warner about now. Well new Q.B. same story. Let me think.............. No I'm right, same story!( Oh atlanta might make the playoffs in that weak DIV!)
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I'm not so sure how to have avoided getting wrapped up in the last loss. There were so many mummies traipsing through the game it was hard not getting caught up in the abomination as they flailed around with tatters for excuses for arms.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    For starters this is the Falcons , whom probably won't even make the playoffs. I saw this last year when Bulger could really only step up against lower class teams to win! I myself don't beleive in Vick making D's look bad, you play him accorrdingly ---No exuses. Beat him from the start! I'm a big ram fan, but because I see the flaws , doesn't mean i'm jumping ship! Get a grip, this team is looking bad and Martz needs to get a hold on this quick! I give Bulger 2 more weeks and that is it! Most of you would be blaming Warner about now. Well new Q.B. same story. Let me think.............. No I'm right, same story!( Oh atlanta might make the playoffs in that weak DIV!)
    First off, not a new QB same story. This wasn't a six fumble debacle against a bad team. This was technically a one fumble off an outstanding effort against a team that WILL make the playoffs. Vick is going to make plenty of teams look sick.

I agree that the Rams need to do something different due to the fact that they are very small in the front 7 and that the secondary is banged up.

Bulger had an outstanding game theodus. Your spouting venom dosen't make much sense on that one.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Bulger had a great game going, although he deserves some of the blame in that he held on to the ball in the end zone for way too long. He was also holding on to the ball the play before when he got sacked back to the 1.

I'm sure the play calling didn't help.

But up until that point (since he threw a pick shortley thereafter when he was forced to star forcing things) he played a great game. I'm definitely more impressed with Bulger after that game, but there are many more that he will get a chance to prove himself in this year.

As for getting wrapped up in this loss, it's hard not to. The only thing that ever cures getting over a loss, is a win, so hopefully we'll start to put some more W's on the board and we can get excited heading into the Seattle game... perhaps 3-1 vs. 3-0?

Tx , been waiting for you! How you doing? your a stat man, I'm not -meaning rings make the difference . Stats and wins don't always mean the better out come. Look Bulger had the deer in the headlights again, A couple of times he looked like J. Everett. The line didn't cave-in on him like it did on that 6 fumble debacle w/ warner but Marc won't fare any better if it does! bulger will need a better defense if he is ever gonna get a RING! He's not as good as you seem to think! He won't be the guy to make the big plays when it counts. He's better than A dilfer ,but not by much. Because actually Dilfer wasn't that bad, He just never had much of an offense. Nothing like MR. Bulger has! :redface:

Well theodus....I was just waiting for the right time. Good to see you too buddy.

Anyway, you can pin this one on Bulger all you want. This is a Rams board for all to post their views right? I won't begrudge anyone saying anything, but I will try to point/counterpoint the matter till I feel it has either stopped being rational or someone's point is taken.

Anyway, glad you are here....and wish you were coming this weekend. Having a few beers with you would be entertaining at least.

Where is this bash anyway? I've never got a problem flying somewhere to a game or whatever! Give me the heads up and maybe I will come out of my coma!( I should know what the bash is about.......but I don't) And i'm not blaming bulger. The team as a whole stunk. Lets hope our other old rivals don't have our # too!

It's this Sunday in St. Louis......should be a blast. I'll tip one for you though....and send you the tab.....

:tongue:

is it always in louie or does it move around? I haven't been to louis since week 6 against the browns 99'.

Well, the official one is always in the 'Lou but satellite ones always tend to pop up. I know that they always try to have one at whinerville and Arizona.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Speaking of Whinerville? Is there gonna be a tailgate party this year? That games only 2 weeks away.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

next year inform me of the dates and i'll try my best to get there! Meet all you faceless people( meaning i don't know what anybody looks like!)

RamTime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    Speaking of Whinerville? Is there gonna be a tailgate party this year? That games only 2 weeks away.
    LaRamsFanLongTime: I believe the bash in stl takes place over several days the week of the game. The Merlot and Cheddar (whinerville) Bash is a one day, game day gathering. If you have been to Candlecom before then you ill remember seeing a watch tower in the parking lot. Or maybe you won't. Anyway Rams fans meet under that watch tower and it's quite an expose of blue and gold. So if you make the game, get there early and camp near the Watch Tower. It should be a good day. Even though we are questionable right now their is little question as to the state of the *****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast