Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't be hatin

schut39 is offline Registered User

Don't be hatin

I'm so sick of going to football websites like NFL.com or any other ones and when I get there I see articles about the Rams releasing a player or making a trade. There is always at least a few people that will say "the rams are still going to suck" or "the rams are the new lions". I am so sick of it and can't wait for the next season so we can shut people up. I personally have confidence in what Spagnuolo is doing with this team. Go RAMS!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Don't be hatin

they the kind of fans who think we`ve only ever played in St.louis (by that i mean they are un-knowledgable football fans)...their opinion means nothing.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -05-10-2009 at 06:17 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    they the kind of fans who think we`ve only ever played in St.louis...their opinion means nothing.
    Cool Avatar! Lightnin Hopkins? GO RAMS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    I'm so sick of going to football websites like NFL.com or any other ones and when I get there I see articles about the Rams releasing a player or making a trade. There is always at least a few people that will say "the rams are still going to suck" or "the rams are the new lions". I am so sick of it and can't wait for the next season so we can shut people up. I personally have confidence in what Spagnuolo is doing with this team. Go RAMS!
    The thing is that we went (3-13, 2007) and we all thought "gosh" it can't get any worse going into 2008. (We had the excuses, legit too. Injuries killed us in 2007 there's no doubt about it). Thing is what were the excuses for 2008? As we all know we did get worse (2-14, 2008). Now going into 2009 the feelings are the same as pre 2008. We can't fall any farther, we've hit rock bottom.

I am expecting a minimum of 5 wins in 2009....."BUT"......

We have a completely new coaching staff.

A rookie headcoach in Spags.

A new offense, again.

A new defense.

We've released two big names in Pace & Holt. (not to mention trading Leonard and releasing Tinoisamoa)

My point is that until we do prove everyone else wrong and start winning. I hate to say this, we deserve all the criticism.

GO RAMS!!!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Cool Avatar! Lightnin Hopkins? GO RAMS!
    is Son House...but i love Lightnin` Hopkins too.(Lightnin Hopkins and i share the same birthday..well we did till he died..)

Ramblitz28 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The thing is that we went (3-13, 2007) and we all thought "gosh" it can't get any worse going into 2008. (We had the excuses, legit too. Injuries killed us in 2007 there's no doubt about it). Thing is what were the excuses for 2008? As we all know we did get worse (2-14, 2008). Now going into 2009 the feelings are the same as pre 2008. We can't fall any farther, we've hit rock bottom.

I am expecting a minimum of 5 wins in 2009....."BUT"......

We have a completely new coaching staff.

A rookie headcoach in Spags.

A new offense, again.

A new defense.

We've released two big names in Pace & Holt. (not to mention trading Leonard and releasing Tinoisamoa)

My point is that until we do prove everyone else wrong and start winning. I hate to say this, we deserve all the criticism.

GO RAMS!!!!!

I hate to say I agree with you man but it's true. We definently deserve all the criticism until next season atleast. I get busted on for being a Rams fan all the time but I'm being busted on by people that are Eagles fans who have 0 Super Bowl Rings and have only ever been to the Super Bowl twice. It sucks livin' in PA esp. when your dad is a Steelers fan :/ You never hear the end of "Oh yea well who has 6 Super Bowl Rings?" yea it definently gets old. But if were healthy this season and the line decides to block then we'll be in good shape.

Go RAMS!!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

LaRam0 is correct (as usual)! How can anyone expect respect when we win 5 games in two years and our home stadium is half empty? For that matter, when is the last time we had a winning season? Answer-before we canned martz and that has been quite a while in nfl years. People have very short memories.

At the end of the day, if we win, we will get respect. If we dont, we wont. By the way, i couldnt care less whether the national media or fans of other teams respect us. All i care about is winning titles.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    Respect must be earned .. When we were the "Greatest Show on Turf" we got respect because we were winning .. Same thing goes for losing .. we've earned a reputation as losers given our record over the last several years. I think we all feel good about having Billy and Spags on board, and for the most part are happy with what they've accomplished so far. Still though, we've yet to play a game that counts with our new coach at the helm. If we start winning we'll get better press, if not ..... We are all hoping for a better season this year, and right now that's about all we can do ..

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I am sick of people staying stuff also, and i think they have a right to cause we sucked the past 2 years with Stupid Linecrap. But im going to go completely optimistic on this.

The worse thing for me this year was Pisa getting cut. But just because he got cut i still think spags got some huge linebackers with talent, in the mix. This is going to improve our chance especially against the run. Not only that but the huge improvements to the Offensive line. I think We will make playoffs.

Now after i said that i know what your thinking. this guys nuts.

But i think We will explode during the season! Tearing unsuspecting teams a new one. The west coast offense did so well for the seahawks, when they had there good back Sean Alexander, and they run the west coast offense. It seems to be succesful and really hard to stop on close third downs. I really do believe in this, and plus we have Steven. can't go wrong.

As for our defense.

The way spags runs his defense is phenominal. The wonder it did for the giants was completely amazing. Although they still had Osi Umenyoria and Strahan. After Strahan left they went from 53 sacks to 48 sacks. Which is still good by my standards. I think Teams in our Division will not be expecting the speed and the tricky blitz scheme's in store for them, with our lightning fast corners,a solid Safety core, And Our Good Pass rushing D - line. We are going to create trouble for other teams... trust me..

But this is my guess. Just being Superly optimistic.

RAM till i die. I bleed blue and Gold. Represent boys!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

With all the changes...thus far I say 7-9, some key weakness where shoren up, but others remain. Right now I see Spags building a core--it would be good if he can snag some other talent to address other weaknesses, namely a deep threat to keep opposing defenses honest.

All these "experts" leave a person wondering...ESPN has Trent one-shot-and-out Dilfer as an "expert" --oh yah, I just hang on every word that escaped his mouth.

No expert can predict the chemistry, motivation, and unity of a team. Prior to 08 ever "expert" had Dallas as the NFC champs--and which of these experts had the Cards in the Superbowl.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I GO INTO EVERY SEASON BLINDINGLY LOOKING TOWARDS A SUPERBOWL RUN. That's why I consider myself a fan. I root for my team because despite the odds, it's my team and in my heart it's the best. When the Rams beat the Cowboys (last year) I seriously thought we were going to win out and make a playoff run! Did I regret such a view? No!

I'm not going into a season with a self defeating attitude reasoning "we are rebuilding." That's the way I went into season in 1999 (optimistic) and as a matter of fact it's been this way since I was just a kid, to stupid to know what a clipping penalty was. I wasn't disappointed then and I won't be the next time we get into the super bowl.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    LaRam0 is correct (as usual)! How can anyone expect respect when we win 5 games in two years and our home stadium is half empty? For that matter, when is the last time we had a winning season? Answer-before we canned martz and that has been quite a while in nfl years. People have very short memories.

At the end of the day, if we win, we will get respect. If we dont, we wont. By the way, i couldnt care less whether the national media or fans of other teams respect us. All i care about is winning titles.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree with GC, All that matters to me, in the end, is the number of Lombardi trophies, and so far we have 1. Pay no attention to critics, people who call us the Lambs, whatever, if we win and get a few more Lombardi trophies, we can shove those in their face....granted, we have a long way to go, but the future of the franchise is looking brighter and better, every minute.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think we as a team deserve the criticism we're taking. We ARE the worst team the last two seasons. There is no denying that. It sucks dude. Trust me.

But until we get some wins in, we are going to be a laughing stock. =/

Hate to say it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I think we as a team deserve the criticism we're taking. We ARE the worst team the last two seasons. There is no denying that. It sucks dude. Trust me.

But until we get some wins in, we are going to be a laughing stock. =/

Hate to say it.
    Sorry, the Raiders and Lions still take the cake for me, even if our record might not be as good as them. We at least won a game last year, and we don't have the crypt keeper running our team.

But I have the utmost respect for Spags, and believe if nothing else, he'll install a killer spirit into this team, and we'll actually be able to close out some of those games that we're close and winning going into the half. That was always our issue, finishing. I mean hell, we should have, and could have won in, IN, New England against an 11 win Pats team. That shows that we're not as bad as we are thought of to be. We just can't close out games like we need to.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

WORST team right now? Hmm, I don't know. Maybe. But maybe not. Over the most recent 2 dozen games.....

Lions 1-23
    Chiefs 3-21
    Rams 5-19

But regardless, we've earned all the critical remarks. Ultimately, who cares what some national mouthpiece has to say about the Rams, but make no mistake......we've earned it.

I don't care when they bash the Rams (rightfullly so). Nor will I care when the Rams are winning and all of a sudden they think the Rams are the greatest thing since sliced bread (rightfully so).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast