mxbrian is offline Registered User

Exclamation Don't overlook the Pats !

Now is not the time to relax. Ask Mike Martz who he thinks the toughest team was in the regular season that the Rams faced, he'll say the Patriots. He's been quoted several times saying that the Pats game was the toughest of the year.

Ask Bill Cower what he thinks of the Patriots.

The Rams are clear favorites in SBXXXVI as they should be but I think the Patriots pose some serious problems for the Rams that should be considered:

Troy Brown, underrated, very confident, scares me on special teams.

Antwoin Smith, underrated, runs north and south very well, can be punishing.

Defensive Scheme, always a surprise with the Pats.

The Rams will win this game, but I just hope they don't overlook the importance of this game in the history of the modern NFL.

To do what they might do on Sunday will be nothing short of remarkable considering the modern NFL and salary cap/parity.

I actually heard Tom Jackson say the word DYNASTY last night. That is what we are looking at if the Rams win on Sunday.

One last comment, why in the world would you throw the ball in the direction of Aneas Williams? Oops !!!

Great game all the way around. Turnover ratio in the playoffs, Rams have 10 takeaways and 1 interception. How's that for a turnaround?

GO RAMS !!!!

RamSpud

gdive22 is offline Registered User
    MXB

Rams are 60 minutes from another world title.....I don't think anybody's relaxing. The Pats are well coached and have a lot of intangibles and confidence coming into this game, but I honestly can't see a scenario where they can beat the Rams without the Rams having multiple turnovers and/or a special teams melt down. Pats seem to do just enough on offense to be effective but they really don't have a special talent to create a huge matchup problem for the Rams. They kinda the same on defense...a lot of good players but no one that scares you, but I'm sure Belichek will come up with a scheme that will slow the Rams offense for a while but they just don't have enough talent to slow them for long.

With all due respect to the Pats, I think the Raiders and Steelers have to be kicking themselves. The Raiders blew their opportunity by losing games down the stretch and ending up playing in NE in the snow. Yes they also got a tough break on the fumble call but if they had taken care of their business they never would have been in that situation. The Steelers made too mistakes and my thoughts on how they would play if they ever got behind were confirmed. They are better front runners.

Rams will need to jump on the Pats from the beginning and if they do I think they will win convincingly...ie cover the spread. If the Rams let the Pats hang around then the job gets a lot tougher.

G

:evilram:

mxbrian is offline Registered User

agreed !

Good points, I agree !

RamSpud

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    I've been hearing all day long about how this will be a close game. I just don't see it. The Rams have the edge in everything except special teams and I feel that they have even come around as of late to the point that they are pretty good. The Steelers ST play was horrible all season long.

Kurt lit them up for 400 yards in their own back yard and their offense scored 10 points (one TD off a pick). Our defense on the other hand is much better now than they were. There is no way they can keep up even if the Rams have just a half decent day.

Call me what you'd like but I was much more worried about the Pack and Eagles than I am about the Pats. They just don't scare me at all. Am I missing something here, my friends???
    Does anybody here remember Vera Lynne? Remember how she said that we would meet again, some sunny day? -Pink Floyd-

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    I don't believe in them. Has anyone noticed our Special Teams play lately? No way do they take one back on our punt return team. Also, the Pats only ran the ball for 67 yards and scored one offensive touchdown this week. They will need a lot more than that playing at Edward Jones South

DEADLY-O is offline Registered User
    I've been reading the forums here for about a year and figured it was about time to register. I don't think that the Rams are going to be in a Superbowl situation and take it lightly. Some very good points, but if you look at this game on paper it's a joke....The Patriots should be very worried with there offensive play these last two games. If they only score one offensive TD on us they are in big trouble....I'm pretty confident that I'll be downtown for a superbowl champion party on Monday the 4th. :lid:

28rulz is offline Registered User
    :wiseman:

I agree with the fact that our Rams will be celebrating a great victory, but I definately don't want to sell any team short. In all sports theres always an adrenaline factor as well as heart. I think we have all those on top of talent and ability. Look at that awesome touchdown by Faulk and the rest of the Rams. Even with his helmet pulled off he pushed and guys were still landing on him...plays like that are why we will win. We want it!!! Williams will continue, he has drive, he can taste victory. And as for being a finesse team, we are a classy team... we don't have to trash talk other teams ...we play them...