Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont Read This

RamTime Guest

Re: Dont Read This

I believe we have has a very competitive team and shown that we are force year in and year out. The stars can't align every year in this day and age. As far a dynasty goes, maybe back in the 80's this team would have been a dynasty, but with parity that is an all most impossible task.
    The bold is nothing but tripe. Not sure where you were in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 but the Rams were clearly the most talented team in 2000. Only piss poor team management was their demise. Want Proof? Fast forward to 2001 when the Rams were 14 - 2 and 14 point favorites in the superbowl. Leadership on the sidelines and referee shenanigans were our demise. Jump to 2002 when Martz closed practices to the media only to come out playing like crap then waiting until week 15 1/2 before he admitted what the rest of us all ready knew. He failed to have the team prepared presumably because of superbowl loss hangover. Move ahead to 2003 when we went 12 - 4 then you may be able to toss out the Parity chip but before then its nothing but BS. Today we are at parity with the same leadership. Do the math.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Dont Read This

I refuse to feed into your negativism any longer. It is clear the way you feel about the Rams front office and has been for some time. There was one time you ran a web site that supported this team, I now question where you stand. You clearly have been misguided some where, some how. I can not believe how things have changed.

Believe it or not RT, we have been playing some good football over the years. I am sorry we didn't fill the trophy case with your dreams. I have no regrets on any of the past 5 years except that I never went and seen them play in one of the Super Bowls. Point the fingers all you want, blame can not fall on one person but an entire team and with in the team are the ones that make the decisions. Mike Martz, John Shaw, Charlie Armey and the rest can not step on the football field and play the games for the players. Somewhere these players need to step and take ownership for their own demise.

I refuse to sit and listen the BS and finger pointing for a team that has been nothing but entertaining and competitive for five years. How soon some of us spoiled fans seem to forget about the 90's. I could totally see your point if we won the Super Bowl and then turned around and have stunk it up for 5 years.

You can have your so called dynasty, but I will keep my Rams just the way they are. Whether they are 12-4 or 4-12, I will love them the same.

I am stepping off my soap-box and will shut my mouth before I say something I don't mean.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-27-2004 at 07:48 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Every year there are 31 "failures."

Some of those teams MUST be quality teams, with quality players, and quality coaches, and a quality front office that, despite their strengths, just don't get the bounce, don't get the call, or have an off day at the wrong time and, as a result, don't win it all.

The Rams since 1999 have...

1999 Won it all!
    2000 Experienced a massive defensive collapse but still made playoffs.
    2001 Dominated all year only to lose Super Bowl by 3 points to a team that has since proved to be a very worthy adversary.
    2002 Collapsed due to injury and transition at QB.
    2003 Rebounded under a young inexperienced QB only to lose one of the closest games in playoff history to the eventual conference champion.

Not much there to complaint about, if you ask me.

Reborn Guest

No matter what some of you refuse to be realistic. Guess what guys you are just setting yourself up for more failures.

RT is right on with this. The Rams are in trouble and should have delivered more than they did.

Sorry Wraith but you take the cake on this one. You give a new definition to the word pollyana.

Reborn

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Why do some think we are in a world of hurt this year. Look at our starters. We have some minor downgrades in some positions, but upgrades in others. And our schedule is not the snakepit that some make it out to be. Half of our opponents this year finished last season below .500. And last year we were 4-2 against opponents who were over .500.

I just don't get it. We return a team with negligible differences and our record has never reflected our strength of schedule, yet some are ready to give up and look forward to our top 5 draft pick next year. If that makes you feel better, so be it. But as for me, I see no reason why we won't be playing football in January.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

If the Rams D can stop the run, I think we will be fine--if not and opposing teams can run at will--it is going to be a long long season. As far as the O line is concerned I tend to share HUbison's view. We are in good shape at the skill positions particularly if Bulger learns to see the field better and make teams pay when they blitze. Martz?? I won't go there....

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!! :ramlogo:

jjsram is offline Registered User

I hate to say it, but I'm with RamTime on this one. It has nothing to do with being negative, it's just a gut feeling I've had for a while. I believe the 12-4 record of last year to be a mirage; to me, last year throughout the year, the defense saved the offense, but at the end, the offense couldn't save the defense.
    I truly hope that I'm completely wrong on this one and truly truly hope the Rams have a great season, though.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

There is nothing wrong with being worried and to see the faults of the team, and I am 100% behind that. It's always, year after year predicting the worst possible thing. To NEVER see any good in anything. To not appreciate the team we do have. To not be thankful for the successful battles.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY do think this team has some huge issues that will maybe hard to over come. But to give up and say the season is over before it's starts is just disturbing. To always have to blame and point fingers just drives me up a wall. I guess if you set your expectations so low you will never be disappointed.

DAMN!!! I can't do it. I can't just keep my mouth shut on this :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jjsram
    I hate to say it, but I'm with RamTime on this one. It has nothing to do with being negative, it's just a gut feeling I've had for a while. I believe the 12-4 record of last year to be a mirage; to me, last year throughout the year, the defense saved the offense, but at the end, the offense couldn't save the defense.
    I truly hope that I'm completely wrong on this one and truly truly hope the Rams have a great season, though.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-27-2004 at 12:00 PM.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But as for me, I see no reason why we won't be playing football in January.
    Of course we will be playing in Jan. Not only that, our last game will be on CBS!!!!!

Unfortunately, it will be Jan 2.

gap

afrightertoo is offline Registered User

I see no reason why we won't be playing football in January.
    "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all worlds; and the pessimist fears this may be true." - Franklin Adams (1944)

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We were a long FG away from winning that Super Bowl in 2001. We were inches away from advancing to the Championship game last year.

If some of you want to call that failing, go ahead. You are entitled to your opinion. Me, I'll take the Martz madness over the Brooks Barney show anyday.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtime
    Of course you will never openly admit it but I bet any of your solo pillow talk reeks of reality.

solo pillow talk.....?

:bored:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by afrightertoo
    "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all worlds; and the pessimist fears this may be true." - Franklin Adams (1944)
    "The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail."
    -Napoleon Hill
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

afrightertoo is offline Registered User

"The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail."
    -Napoleon Hill
    Napoleon also said, Bonaparte that is: "One never climbs so high as when he knows not where he is going."

elAcky Guest

if you ask me.. there are a lot of cowards on this board...

you really have to get a grip of reality here.... there is NOTHING to indicate that we will not finish 4-12 or 12-4.... the NFL is so close... one injury... one moment of greatness and the season changes.... no one can predict what will happen..... will Garret be in the pro bowl... will Chandler end the season with the highest QB rating in the league.... ithats the beauty of the game... its unpredictable...

and its unpredictable because EVERY team has issues.... every year some team stuns the rest of the league, every year someone comes out of obscurity to be an impact player...

Some of you have to start to believe.. (hope you guys aren't as gutless as this in real life)

Personally, i'll only stop believing when we are 0-5 and lost half our starters..

IN SUMMARY... IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHY FOLLOW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast