Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don't tell me we don't need WRs, and other random thoughts.

1. Don't tell me we don't need better WRs. Amendola? Neutralized. Gibson? Not much there. Robinson? Biggest play he made was a holding penaty. Alexander? He really killed us by dropping two beautiful deep passes. The lack of WR talent, in the end, held back Bradford and the offense as a whole. Its priority number 1.

2. I just don't get the playcalling today. 1 run to Jackson in the first quarter? No throws down the field until mid-3rd quarter? That's not going to cut it.

3. Sam Bradford did not have a good game. His interception was just a bad throw. But what would his number look like if Alexander (2), Robinson (1) and Fells (2) didn't drop deep passes?

4. Where was the challenge on Robinson's catch on the sideline?

5. I can't fault the defense too much, but we could clearly use some better players at OLB and SS.

6. Too conservative. Two words you never want to describe your approach in do or die games.

7. In a few days, I'll get over this one and be able to look back and feel pretty good about this season. 1-15 to 7-9 is a great turnaround. There's still a lot of work to do, but this team is so much closer than its been in years. You have to feel good about that.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-03-2011 at 12:49 AM.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Don't tell me we don't need WRs, and other random thoughts.

I just hope Spags learns from today that being too conservative can lose games. This loss is on him.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Big Mike! Are we gonna have Big Mike? I wish we had Big Mike out there. Yeah, he has great hands! Is he coming back this season? Yeah he is! He'll play against Seattle! Yay, the Seattle linebacking corp can't cover him, its a great mismatch!

Oh wait...

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    1. Don't tell me we don't need better WRs. Amendola? Neutralized. Gibson? Not much there. Robinson? Biggest play he made was a holding penaty. Alexander? He really killed us by dropping two beautiful deep passes. The lack of WR talent, in the end, held back Bradford and the offense as a whole. Its priority number 1.

2. I just don't get the playcalling today. 1 run to Jackson in the first quarter? No throws down the field until mid-3rd quarter? That's not going to cut it.

3. Sam Bradford did not have a good game. His interception was just a bad throw. But what would his number look like if Amendola (2), Robinson (1) and Fells (2) didn't drop deep passes?

5. I can't fault the defense too much, but we could clearly use some better players at OLB and SS.

6. Too conservative. Two words you never want to describe your approach in do or die games.

7. In a few days, I'll get over this one and be able to look back and feel pretty good about this season. 1-15 to 7-9 is a great turnaround. There's still a lot of work to do, but this team is so much closer than its been in years. You have to feel good about that.
    Not getting the ball to Jax really has me puzzled, you would have to think the Seahags gameplan would be to nuetralize Jax and make Sam beat them but lucky for them the Rams coaching staff took Jax out of the equation themselves!!
    Can't really fault Sam too much in this game, your right, had our so called recievers caught a ball or two things could have looked better for him. I'll take one pic from a rookie qb on the road anyday.
    It's going to take awhile to get over this, really dissapointing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I just hope Spags learns from today that being too conservative can lose games. This loss is on him.
    I wouldn't be too sure. He didn't learn in previous games. He ain't going to change now.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

3. Sam Bradford did not have a good game. His interception was just a bad throw. But what would his number look like if Alexander (2), Robinson (1) and Fells (2) didn't drop deep passes?
    fixed that for ya

Ramone is offline Registered User

Maybe all of our receivers (TE including) have their place in the NFL, but not, under any circumstances, in the same team. I can't remember I have ever seen worse performance by the receiving group.
    I agree we need better OLB's and SS, but there's no defense which would cover this kind of impotent offensive play.
    I'm not so disappointed because we lost (I really know where we were and how good we really are), but w we're not ready for the most important game in four years! When the hell we'll be ready!!!?
    Also I never liked stone cold coaches on the sideline, I really don't. Little bit passion wouldn't make things worse.
    And, at the end, referees. What a bunch of...what ever The Bunch is formed of! This year, beside this game (including all other teams), I saw so many bad, even ridiculous calls that I wonder, why is there so many of them (beside to block Amendola)!? What's the purpose? To watch them huddling every two plays?

UserName is offline Registered User

You know we need help at WR when the other team can afford to double tea
    Amendola.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

3. Sam Bradford did not have a good game. His interception was just a bad throw. But what would his number look like if Amendola (2), Robinson (1) and Fells (2) didn't drop deep passes?

1. I agree. What is most dissappointing to me is Alexander. Really good players make big catches in big games, not big drops. I had such high hopes for him. My expectations are very much brought back to to Earth with him.

We need to seek an elite wide out through FA.

2. I think the playcalling has been a strength and a weakness all year. Shurmur eased Bradford into the NFL, but that same strategy that protected Bradford also makes it hard to come back (especially with poor run blocking).

3. Besides that one pass, I think Bradford did ok. Had our recievers made a few plays, he might have been hailed as game MVP. That was a terrible INT though.

4. In retrospect, maybe he should have challenged, but I cant see it being overturned.

5. Defense did well except for the first drive.

6. I agree, you have to leave everything on the field. 26 of Bradfords first 30 throws were under 10 yards. I have always disagreed with calling so many short passes. On the other hand, I have to blame execution this time.

7. Next year should be fun.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    You know we need help at WR when the other team can afford to double tea
    Amendola.
    Yeah, that says a lot, doesn't it?

For what its worth, the Rams now have pick #14. If Justin Blackmon comes out, the Rams should have a shot at him or Julio Jones.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    He hasn't learned that all season...all season! It takes all I can do not to unload on him AND Shurmer. He HAS helped turn us around this season. But, he obviously doesn't get the fact that you need to be aggressive on offense if you want to win in this game. You have to adjust your game plan as the game goes on and not wait until the last 5 minutes of the game. Its too late by then. He is like having a govenor on an engine. The engine is never allowed to operate at its optimum level.

This season was a step in the right direction overall, despite this dissapointing showing. Now, we have the opportunity to add a couple receivers thru the draft and free agency. That and a few other pieces that hopefully will be addressed this offseason should make us more competive next season.
    Last edited by viper; -01-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.

UserName is offline Registered User

A conservative game plan is the right one with this team, this year. We just made too many mistakes. Dropped passes and a poor first defensive series killed us.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    He hasn't learned that all season...all season! It takes all I can do not to unload on him AND Shurmer. He has helped turn us around this season. But, he obviously doesn't get the fact that you need to be aggressive on offense if you want to win oin this game. You have to adjust you game plan as the game goes on and not wait until the last 5 minutes. Its too late by then. He is like having as govenor on an engine. Thhe engine is never allowed to operate at its optimum level.

This season was a step in the right direction overall, despite this dissapointing showing. Now, we have the opportunity to add a couple recivers thru the draft and free agency. That and a few other pieces that hopefully will be addressed this offseason.
    The worst part, is not Spags conservative approach. Its his STUBBORN conservative approach.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I certainly hope this isn't the last Rams game I get to watch for the next few years. Please get the CBA deal done, I think we are going to be really good next year!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I think a minor clarification is in order with regards to the defense. The defenders played their hearts out. The defensive coaches did not put them in a position to win. The decision to play relatively soft coverage much of the game killed this team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast