Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: draft

mxbrian is offline Registered User

Post draft

The Rams are the masters of the draft. What do they draft this year? Wide outs to replace Hakim when he goes to KC? Offensive Linemen to replace the battered right side? What?

My pick, offensive linemen, big ones who can run. That's where I'd go first, then to cornerbacks, I'm sick of Mcleon getting burned in big games. Finally, wide outs. Get tall and strong.

What do the rest of you think?

RamSpud

radjohns is offline Registered User
    I see Mel Kiper has projected the rams to take WR Josh Reed from LSU. It is still early I realize, so who knows what will happen. I only watched Reed briefly on New Years in the "whatcha callit bowl" so I don't know much about him. The announcers seemed to like him. He seemed like he was moving in slow motion to me. Maybe I was too hungover. Anyway, I would love to see more depth on the O-line, but if Hakim and Ricky are gone, then a third WR will be a good pick, I suppose.

Any thoughts here? Any college junkies out there?

if tucker goes

If tucker is picked from the expansion list, than I totally think that OL should be the area that is first addressed. The Super Bowl exposed a need for some depth there. At least that's what I think.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    Not only will the expansion draft affect the draft, but so will Free Agency and the salary cap. Watch the College Football and Preseason (when it opens) Forums regarding the Mock Draft that will be taking place....
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    It's difficult to know what our O line depth is really like, we didn't see much of Tucker as a back up and he's been fine as a starter replacing Miller.

Guys like Spikes, St Clair and Noa may be ready to step in and start but we just don't know. I wouldn't panic about the OL yet

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

rams=nfl1 is offline Registered User
    I think you need to take a look at Reed if he's there. That way you if you don't sign Hakim, your not in that much trouble. I also like the center out of Colorado, or any linemen out of Ohio. We could also use a free safety, I didn't feel safe shifting Dexter to the safety position. Those arn't dire needs, the center or right side linemen is needed. If the guy out of Colorado is gone, plus Reed or LaCharles Bently(OSU Center), take the most athletic player availble. Maybe you all will let me be draft expert of this board...
    THE WORLDS GREATEST- ST. LOUIS RAMS

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS...

rams=nfl1 is offline Registered User
    Oops, Colorado instead of Ohio

That doesn't help me LOL!!!
    THE WORLDS GREATEST- ST. LOUIS RAMS

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS...

RamWraith is offline Registered User

WR ALL THE WAY!!!

We need a WR first round...someone that is going to step in and play that 3rd receiver spot. If we don't get something or don't sign Az you are going to see a BIG decline in our passing offense. Much is going to depend on Ricky's decision as well.

There is a kid to keep an eye on that I coached in High School that has broken all types of records for division 2, he played in the Division 2 senior bowl in Texas, his name is Matt Holmlund from Augustana College. He is going to make the pros and be that Ricky Proehl type receiver that we need. A little birdy told me Armey knows of this kid.

Look for him in the 4th or 5th round.

Good posts. Keep them coming.

Good posts. Keep them coming.
    I am taking all this into consideration for the Mock Draft....keep 'em coming.
    DJRamFan

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Hey J-man, is that Matt kid in the draft? Do you have someone's ear in the front office about this one? One thing is for sure, if Proehl doesn't go out this year, he will next year, so I like the sound of this one.

I do think our biggest concern is offense (what a switch from last year), but I bow to you guys' expertise in this area. I don't watch college ball enough to have a feel for who'd be good for us. (I do like that QB out of Oregon, but noone seems to think that's a concern. ) I like some of the guys they have in Tennesee as well. They play a lot like the Rams do, so they'd fit our system. I look forward to seeing how things develope.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

TIMLAN2057 is offline Registered User

Cool

Being from Louisiana and bleeding LSU purple and gold as well as Ram blue and gold I am definitely high on Josh Reed.

He's going to be a very good big, possession type receiver ala Keyshawn Johnson but without Keyshawn's head problems.

Reed would be a great adddition to The Greatest Show On Earth but I doubt he'll still be on the board when the Rams draft.
    "If the fights were fake I'd have been in a helluva lot more of them." Wayne Gretzky

As the expansion draft is only two days away, are there any rumors about rams being plucked from the list?

I haven't heard anything about any rams being plucked. More than likely Fields won't get picked, neither will the other guys. But, after the Texans take the bigs guys (Boselli, Lewis, sharper), they will be looking to pick up some smaller guys just for position spots, this is where we could see somebody go, but as of now, i haven't heard anything.
    DJRamFan

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

TIMLAN2057 is offline Registered User
    The Texans' braintrust pledged they would not take anyone over 30 in the expansion draft . . does that leave Boselli out? Not quite sure how old he is.
    "If the fights were fake I'd have been in a helluva lot more of them." Wayne Gretzky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast