throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: draft

gamebreake Guest
    you know i think dexter is getting a bad rap alot of people forget he is pretty new at this corner postion he only played one year in college and he has improved every year now with bly and anies there he can only get better.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Antonio Bryant - WR Pittsburgh is turning a lot of heads recently. If he has a good combine, l can see him leap frogging over Caldwell to the Rams.

rams=nfl1 Guest

Bryant

ESPN reports that Bryant had a horrid combine. I'm still praying we get Jaquez and Lelie!!!!!!

And Gamebreak, the thing I hate about Dexter is EVERY game he got beat terribly, even when it counts the most.

Another WR in recent history had a terrible combine.

He is still playing, oh so many years later.

Wore #80 for the Whiners a long time, now a Raider.

Don't believe the combines, it is nothing but a beauty pagent.

rams=nfl1 Guest

Good Point

Maybe Bryant will drop. Lets hope he did bad enough to drop to the 3rd round like SHaun Rogers...thats would be a Godsend.

P.S. Did you hear about Mike Williams lol!!!

rams=nfl1 Guest
    Ashley Lelie didn't run the 40. He may be there at 31!!!

I agree, probably not a first rounder. Maybe a late 3rd

rams=nfl1 Guest
    Also-to the people who think we need a LT, Mike Williams will be around late. He weighed in at 397.

porkchop Guest
    I hear the name Caldwell mentioned a lot too. As far as Reed is concerned, he was a great collegiate athelete, but may turn out to be more of a possesion receiver in the Pros. He was phenominal in college but I'm not sure he has the size or speed to be a big time number one or two guy in the Pros.

I watched him in college and he torched every one he ever played against. He was originally a RB, then got moved to WR. His game seems to fit our scheme very well. Mostly he ran short to mid patterns and made the majority of his yards after the catch.

Personally, I'd rather see us go after a lineman.

10 bucks says the "wonder boy" goes after a WR though.

will Guest
    I agree. I think Martz will go with a wide receiver in the first round. If he didn't, though, a young CB or run stopping DE might be nice.

Also, replacing Jeff Robinson might be more important than most people realize. I'm thinking that TE from Michigan State or maybe Tracey Wistrom from Nebraska (wouldn't that be cute).

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Originally posted by will:
    or maybe Tracey Wistrom from Nebraska (wouldn't that be cute).
    Yeah, it would. However, we still have Brandon Manumaleuna, who we drafted last year. It might not be as difficult to replace Jeff Robinson as you think. We do need to find a long snapper, though...

I think we need to put an emphasis on drafting a right tackle. A wide receiver in the first round would be fine, but I think we could wait until a later round and find a gem that everyone else overlooked.

:shield:

radjohns is offline Registered User
    I just saw a mock draft somewhere. It had the rams picking D. Stallworth WR out of Tennesee. Don't know whose mock draft board it was.

DJRamFan Guest
    I missed that mock draft. the one that i participated in for the ClanRam, I had us selecting Reche Caldwell (who a day later was chosen in ESPN's draft). I definitely would put stallworth and even reed above caldwell, but i'm not sure they will be available that late.

radjohns is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the reply. I must admit that I did not follow the NCAA season too closely this year. So when I read these drafts, I'm never sure what to think RE: talent and availability that late in the first round. I know the volunteers have a good rep. for producing quality receivers, or at least they use to. I'm getting the impression that a 3rd WR is what people seem to think is the rams biggest need at this point. I hope St. Clair and that converted centre out from Hawaii pan out on the OL, because that is what makes me nervous.

RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Just saw Josh Reed did his oral interview with GM's and coaches. It sounded like it he was a great speaker and handled himslef very nicely. Couple Gm's said he just bought himself a first round ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast