• O Line

1 7.69%
  • D Secondary

0 0%
  • Skill Positions

4 30.77%
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Draft Ideas for next year

Where do the Rams need to concentrate on during the 2002 NFL draft? I am under the impression that a QB and lots of D help are really going to be needed, especially in the depth department on D. Not to say the QB necessarily has to start, and not that we need to waste a 1st RD pick on one, but it would be nice to have the insurance policy.

I know the draft is far away, but we should be able to see how the Rams have played and find spots where shoring up is needed.

Thoughts?

:nerd:
    Last edited by txramsfan; -11-28-2001 at 12:24 PM.

MsWistRAM Guest
    We need a solid backup in the QB position. Veterans are alright, but we need someone for the long haul, that might even step into Warner's shoes if something unforeseen happens. I'd like to see us get Kittner from Illinois, but I don't think we have enough drafting tricks left to get that done.

DJRamFan Guest
    i voted for QB b/c i agree with MsWistRam, but a lot of what and where we draft depends on how we do this year and the possibility of losses in the offseason, like Az and stuff. So we may end up with a pick to replace someone else.

ESPN said that the Rams will only be able to afford 2 out of the top 3 FA after this year (Little, Fletcher, Hakim) and that Hakim leads the list. So who of these three depart will tell what we draft.

Also....let's remember last time we chose a "long-term" QB...let's make a wise choice this time instead of picking Bambi in front of a Mack...

thoey is offline Registered User
    Although I agree that we need a eventual replacement / backup for Warner, I really think we need a threat (that can hold on to the ball) as a return man. After that, I would start looking at another big, fast receiver...
    This space for rent...

jdpbmo Guest

qb

Of course it will all depend on where we are. I'm hoping we have the last pick of the first round. I would love to see the QB from Illinois in a Ram uniform. If he's not there, then I'd have to see who is available.

sprtsmac Guest

Defensive End

Here's how I see it. I don't think Little is a dominating DE. I know he has 9 sacks, but who do you think teams worry about more...Winstrom or Little? I think we need to get a DE. The only problem is...will there be any good ones left with the last pick in the 1st round. After that I think we need to get a receiver. Even if we do resign Az; if Ricky retires then there goes a lot of our 4 receiver sets. Unless St. Paul or Murphy steps up. But I also agree that we need to get a quarterback for the future and might be able to get one in the second round. Maybe we can get lucky and find another diamond in the ruff like Warner.