Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Draft to start at Weakside...?

From ESPN's Whispers around the NFL...

Don't be shocked if Rams free-agent addition Chris Draft starts in Week 1 at weakside linebacker in place of regular starter Pisa Tinoisamoa, who broke both his hands and suffered a dislocated elbow last season. We hear Draft, who can capably play all three LB positions, will line up on the weak side in place of Tinoisamoa during most of the Rams' upcoming organized team activities.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bigtiger737 Guest

Re: Draft to start at Weakside...?

is this just until pisa gets better?? how long is he out for??

RamsNation Guest

i heard, i think on nfl network, that tino would miss everything until camp and draft would practice in his place til then, sounded temporary to me, i hope!

smizzhfx Guest

Hopefully Hawaii 5-0 is set to go in September... I hope draft can challenge Chillar for his starting job on the strong side.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Pisa is a great player, but he's just too fragile to be a consistent starter. Draft on the other hand is going to be in a lot better shape and know all the plays better than Pisa when the season starts. Besides, I think it makes more sense to have a healthy starter than someone who is always playing hurt anyways. If Pisa can get back to full health and play a full 16 game season for us great, until than he might just be more productive coming off the bench.

RealRam is offline Registered User

A little twist in having Draft in the mix is a mix in the draft.

If Okoye, Branch, and Carriker are gone by 13 (although now I'm a bit more confident that one of these players should be there for us), then go for and PREPARE Patrick Willis for MLB, move WW outside and use Tino, Draft, Chillar -- and Raonall Smith??? -- on a LB rotating basis.

One of the few bright spots during the Rebels' rebuilding process, Willis established himself as the best middle linebacker in college football the last two years. He played most of the 2005 season with a broken right hand, but still ranked sixth in the nation in tackles per game (10.9). He surpassed those totals in 2006, again ranking sixth nationally with an average of 11.42 tackles per game.

One of the most respected players in the country, Willis is also one of the most liked personalities away from the game. A leader both on the field and off, he is heavily involved in community service. Despite all of the accolades he has received the last two seasons, he quietly goes about his job.

How far he has come on and off the field is because of his tireless work ethic.
    --
    Source: NFL.com/draft/profiles/2007/willis_patrick
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-04-2007 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added source

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Draft has performed well as a starter and I'd have no qualms with him getting the nod over Pisa if he wins that battle, but it would be a little heart-wrenching to see the fiery Hawaii 5-0 become a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    If Okoye, Branch, and Carriker are gone by 13 (although now I'm a bit more confident that one of these players should be there for us), then go for and PREPARE Patrick Willis for MLB, move WW outside and use Tino, Draft, Chillar -- and Raonall Smith??? -- on a LB rotating basis.
    I like that plan as well (assuming DEs Adams & Anderson are gone), though I would take Willis over Carriker, who I think is a tad over-hyped. Willis in my mind is as rock solid of a pick as any of the first round defensive prospects, right up there with Landry, and would be a huge boost to our LB corps.

Here's a video of P-dub for those who haven't witnessed the beast in action:

Hold onto your seat!

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -04-04-2007 at 03:05 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

if the team wasnt thinking of starting Pisa, we wouldnt have resigned him in the summer

if we stack the front four with big guys through the draft you could very easily see Spoon, Pisa and Draft on the field at the same time

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    From ESPN's Whispers around the NFL...

Don't be shocked if Rams free-agent addition Chris Draft starts in Week 1 at weakside linebacker in place of regular starter Pisa Tinoisamoa, who broke both his hands and suffered a dislocated elbow last season. We hear Draft, who can capably play all three LB positions, will line up on the weak side in place of Tinoisamoa during most of the Rams' upcoming organized team activities.
    Organized team activities??? What? Like luncheons and stuff?

Pisa will be starting over Draft....you can take that to the bank.:r

bigtiger737 Guest

since he was playing for dan morgan I would think he should be in the middle and then have spoon and Pisa on the outside let chiller be the back up, He led the panthers in tackles last season he needs to start!! But so does pisa

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's not read too much into this. Pisa is injured. Therefore, it only make sense that the 2nd string WILL (Draft) would take his place during OTAs. Just looks like a slow news day at ESPN, if you ask me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Let's not read too much into this. Pisa is injured. Therefore, it only make sense that the 2nd string WILL (Draft) would take his place during OTAs. Just looks like a slow news day at ESPN, if you ask me.
    I agree, camp hasn't even started yet, it's too early to start making the starting line up.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Indeed, I just assumed he's going to be there because of the injury (obviously). Although I didn't realize it was such a long process to his healing process.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Indeed, I just assumed he's going to be there because of the injury (obviously). Although I didn't realize it was such a long process to his healing process.
    Pisa had so many things broke last year, I'll be surprised if the Bionic Man's sound effect (nanananananananana) doesn't tune up every time he hits the field.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal
    Draft on the other hand is going to be in a lot better shape and know all the plays better than Pisa when the season starts.
    Why would Draft know the plays better than Pisa who though injured, never the less has had a year in Haslett's system? I think the pickup of Chris D. was solid particularly as he can play all 3 spots -- I don't see him starting in place of Pisa unless he is hurt. With Draft filling in during camp and some pre-season, at least he will have an opportunity to learn the system and be more effective if he is called upon during the regular season. He will get likely get reps with the first team at all the LB positions during camp and pre-season, so if called upon in an emergency he'll be better prepared.
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-04-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast