Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped INT's

JFMose is offline Registered User

Dropped INT's

Not just today, but we've dropped them all season. I think we need our defense to participate in catching drills. I mean, they look like little kids out there trying to catch a football...

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Dropped INT's

You'd think that a grown man who's made it all the way to the NFL, would be able to catch a football wouldn't you?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    You'd think that a grown man who's made it all the way to the NFL, would be able to catch a football wouldn't you?
    Yes, yes you would! It amazes me when you see defensive linemen picking the ball out of the air but our LBs and DBs dont seem to be able to catch!

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Atogwe should've given Kehl a shout on that dropped chance, as he was in by far a better position to make the catch. Maybe he did, but Kehl didn't hear him. As for Laurinaitis, he simply has to make that play.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Didnt Diggs get in the way of J-Lau on that play? I remember J-Lau juggling the ball and if it were not for Diggs being there i think he would have had it.

Diggs could have had a couple of picks himself...

Just very disappointing to see

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Didnt Diggs get in the way of J-Lau on that play? I remember J-Lau juggling the ball and if it were not for Diggs being there i think he would have had it.
    Yeah; Laurinaitis was reaching to his left, trying to control the ball, when he received a bump from someone (it may have been Diggs, but I honestly can't remember off the top of my head); all the same, he should have made the interception.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bring... back... STICKUM!!!!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Yeah, the dropped int's must stop. Twice Freeman should have been picked yesterday and both times the Rams came up empty. Missed opportunities once again. You have to believe the defensive backs and LB's work on this but obviously it hasn't taken root.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I know it is frustrating but this should not be near the top of the list of things we work on in practice.

Interceptions are icing on top but the defense is baking one heck of a cake. (sorry I'm watching the food network)

What I mean is the defense is doing a phenomenal job in holding our opponents to 18.7 points per game. Only 6 other defenses are doing better than that.

They should be able to sit in the stands during practice and wait for the offense to learn how to score.

Besides... how can we ask an LB to catch a ball when we still have receivers who haven't mastered this task.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Yeah, the dropped int's must stop. Twice Freeman should have been picked yesterday and both times the Rams came up empty. Missed opportunities once again. You have to believe the defensive backs and LB's work on this but obviously it hasn't taken root.
    More than that my friend! I counted 4!

Atogwe and Kehl screwed one up
    J. Lau dropped one
    Diggs missed a catchable one

And the one nobody talks about ...

Even though Fletcher had good coverage, what about the ball that hit him in the BACK!??!

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I know it is frustrating but this should not be near the top of the list of things we work on in practice.

Interceptions are icing on top but the defense is baking one heck of a cake. (sorry I'm watching the food network)

What I mean is the defense is doing a phenomenal job in holding our opponents to 18.7 points per game. Only 6 other defenses are doing better than that.

They should be able to sit in the stands during practice and wait for the offense to learn how to score.

Besides... how can we ask an LB to catch a ball when we still have receivers who haven't mastered this task.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope! We win that game with just one of those droped ints.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope! We win that game with just one of those droped ints.
    Oh cool. Could you go ahead and download from your "would of could of should of machine" the play log from the interception until the end of the game so I can see how it would have guaranteed our victory?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

IInterceptions are icing on top but the defense is baking one heck of a cake. (sorry I'm watching the food network)
    I agree that it is tough to really pile on the defense, but I think interceptions are more than icing on the cake, they are game changers. When the ball is in your hands, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT. If we make half the interceptions we should have against the Bucs, it's a completely different game.

BTW, I'm watching the food network too, it's one of my favorites. The competition shows are great.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree that it is tough to really pile on the defense, but I think interceptions are more than icing on the cake, they are game changers. When the ball is in your hands, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT. If we make half the interceptions we should have against the Bucs, it's a completely different game.
    Don't get me wrong I would love for us to make those interceptions. I'm just saying if I'm making out Spags' "To do list" it probably isn't in my top ten.

Our defense is doing a good job of stopping the plays... I just think the burden should be on the offense to make the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    BTW, I'm watching the food network too, it's one of my favorites. The competition shows are great.
    Sad... betweeen Iron Chef, Master Chef, Man vs Food and Hell's Kitchen I'm surprised I get any work done.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Don't get me wrong I would love for us to make those interceptions. I'm just saying if I'm making out Spags' "To do list" it probably isn't in my top ten.

Our defense is doing a good job of stopping the plays... I just think the burden should be on the offense to make the plays.
    You make some good points that I agree with. The offense is putting undue pressure on the defense, especially in the second half of games. THAT, has to change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast